• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

beli

A black teen was fatally shot by an officer on Tuesday night just two miles from Ferguson, Mo., police said.

Antonio Martin, 18, was shot late Tuesday night at a Mobil gas station in Berkeley, Mo., the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. The alleged victim's mother, Toni Martin, spoke to The Dispatch and confirmed that her son had been shot by police.

[....]

County police spokesman Sgt. Brian Schellman says a Berkeley police officer was conducting a routine business check at a gas station around 11:15 p.m. Tuesday when he saw two men and approached them.

Schellman says one of the men pulled a handgun and pointed it at the officer. The officer fired several shots, striking and fatally wounding the man. Schellman says that the second person fled and that the deceased man's handgun has been recovered.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Some vine videos at link. Also video of the mom at the scene.

Berkeley is just as bad as Ferguson. North Hanley Rd, where this happened is notorious.
Meh. Point handgun at officer=expect to get shot.
This crap happens daily here, love tho that the media linked it to Ferguson! :sarcasm:

According to police, the officer arrived at the scene after responding to a larceny call, after which Martin approached the police car. While the officer was standing by the front right tire of his vehicle, Martin, who was standing near the vehicle's hood, allegedly pointed a 9 mm handgun at the officer. Police say the officer fired three rounds at Martin. One shot reportedly hit Martin, one shot hit the police cruiser, and one has yet to be located.

“The suspect had a pistol in his hand. We did what we had to do,” said St. Louis County Police.

It remains unknown if Martin was shot following the alleged robbery or if he had discharged his gun during the confrontation. Police said a muzzle flash was not visible in the footage from either his gun or that of the officer's.

The officer involved in the shooting, a 6-year-veteran of the force, has been placed on administrative leave as the investigation continues.

Soon after the shooting, which transpired at 11:15 pm local time, protesters clashed with law enforcers at the scene. Loud bangs and smoke have also been reported. Police, however, saying that had learned lessons from previous recent events in Ferguson, allowed protesters "to vent."

Around 50 officers were sent to maintain order along with a tactical squad which police say was never deployed. Police said no chemical munitions were used to disperse the protesters, and two officers were injured while trying to maintain the peace.

Police said it "would be fair" to say that the protesters, some of whom allegedly brought bags of rocks, interfered with the investigation. The also said that social media accounts which claimed Martin had been shot in cold blood would be disproved by the surveillance footage.

Police are expected to release more details later on Wednesday.

http://rt.com/usa/217383-police-fatal-shooting-newser/#.VJrADPTXq6Q.twitter

Really? Can someone screenshot the moment he puts his hands in the air? Then is shot in cold blood?
I'm being serious. I don't see it. I've watched it five times. Still don't see it. The fact that the slain person's weapon was found next to him?

Darn it, the media can't claim the "unarmed" part. But wait, let's use race! White cop, black perp, so close to Ferguson. Instant headlines!!:sarcasm:

Get this propaganda motivated media out of my effing city. We are beyond tired of it. At this point, u r grasping at straws, and while u might work up a small gathering, because it makes for a good story, this bs is done.

Where's my waving goodbye emoticon?!

antonio_zpsa295c45b.png

The end of the video stays on it for the last few seconds. I think the title of the "camera29" makes it hard to see, but he raises his arm and points.

Sounds about right to me.

I can't see shit! What do you have super eyesight?
Thank u very much!

And once again, I'm leaving this thread. I'm way too close for comfort

His pistol was found next to him at the crime scene. I dont give a shit where his hands were. Weapon out? shoot him. Period.
AND LEAVE MY CITY OUT OF IT FUCKERS!!

@Forensicwx, they don't show the shooting. Just him lifting his arm.
I know, my response wasn't aimed at u darling! Not at all.
The briefing this am on the news said his weapon was lying next to his right hand.
I guess I'm a bit more than tired of this stuff :(
It feels like the media is doing anything they can to stir things up again, we've only been quiet for a 2 weeks or so, this inflammatory stuff makes me :mad:
Absolutely nothing against u personally @beli :)

I have awful eyesight, cataracts and all, and I CANNOT see it, I can see the lady at the store door stop and look when it happened and I can see the group in the distance but as for seeing anything of substance, NO I cannot. Please get a screenshot for me. But my opinion would still be that if he approached a policeman with a gun in his hand and didn't immediately drop it when told to, then he gets what he gets. I'm sorry he's dead, no one deserves that. But he's an idiot if he thought he was going to come out of this unscuffed.

But you guys I'm sure it's all one big misunderstanding and he was trying to hand the officer his gun. But you know those trigger happy keystone cops can't wait to blow someone to kingdom come and he'd be damned if he missed it. Gosh darn vermin. :sarcasm:
Seriously tho, as everyone else has stated you do not raise a weapon to a cop for any reason coz more often than not your gonna end up with a bunch of new breathing holes.

Police said no chemical munitions were used to disperse the protesters

The fuck is it being lobbed in and blowing up in that first vid then? Flashbangs or whatever? Looks like it's being thrown right into the thick of the officers on the scene. Seems dangerous using such things in a gas station.

Police, however, saying that had learned lessons from previous recent events in Ferguson, allowed protesters "to vent."

Shoulda locked up every single one.

The also said that social media accounts which claimed Martin had been shot in cold blood would be disproved by the surveillance footage.

Hope there's other footage other then the awful shit posted in this thread. Can't see a single fucking thing.

I wonder if these guys are lying in wait for the moment to do whatever they are doing and purposely leaving black cops out the situation. I know that it sounds far fetched and paranoid but why would you just suddenly show your weapon to a cop? The media and AL Sharpton all need to go back home. Like the last protesters, most of them were not even from Ferguson. They came in and were brought in from around the country to cause problems especially in highly media used areas. If the media were not there these idiots would not be there either.

Regardless of the video surveillance of the incident, as well as this
dbodjb.jpg

Somehow we end up with this
2epimpv.jpg

Oh, and Mayor Hoskins and your "We are not Ferguson" press conference... :finger: Way to attempt to distance ur town, because u r an entire 1.8 miles up the road. :facepalm: The only half decent comment u made was that you supported the officer's actions in this case.

http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/cr...5cec-b481-b60b6122075a.html?mobile_touch=true

Wow, it is too close to Christmas for these stories today. WTH is wrong with some people?! Think I will spend the day in "It's Not All Sick and Depraved".

Back