• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

oddball

I want to keep an eye on this one.....this is crazy....

LOS ANGELES—Los Angeles police have arrested a mother on suspicion of fatally slashing her two daughters' throats.
Officer Norma Eisenman said 38-year-old Antonia Gomez was arrested Friday while recovering from knife wounds to her wrists and upper body.

Officers responding to a 911 call on Wednesday found 11-year-old Edith Moreno inside a North Hollywood home with multiple stab wounds. Her 17-year-old sister, Diana Moreno, was found in a converted garage in the back of the property.

The mother, who was also in the house, was taken to a hospital for treatment.

Detectives have not released a motive for the attack.
http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_13269441

Edith Moreno was only 12 years old, but last week the Sun Valley girl had a serious question for her friend and next-door neighbor Karina Valdez.

What happens when we die?

Karina and her parents are Jehovah's Witnesses. Taking her Bible, 12-year-old Karina explained that death was like going to sleep and waiting to be resurrected by God.

"I didn't really think anything about it because we were teaching her about our other beliefs," said Karina's mother, Irene Bell. "Edith was just a wonderful, happy child. She was the biggest tomboy. She never complained about anything. "

On Wednesday morning, Edith and her big sister, Diana Moreno, 17, were found dead, their throats slashed. On Friday, their mother, Antonia Gomez, 38, was arrested on suspicion of killing her daughters.

Edith was found in a house in the 7800 block of Irvine Avenue. Her sister was found in a converted garage in the back, along with their mother, who was hospitalized with knife wounds to her body and wrists. A 14-year-old daughter who was not at the house when the killings happened was taken into protective custody.

In front of the light blue stucco home, near a "For Sale" sign, candles formed a memorial on a concrete patch of the yard. On the sidewalk, a tan sofa lay on its back, streaked by dried blood.

There was a list of things going wrong in Gomez's life. About eight months before, she had gotten into a scuffle with the 14-year-old. Ana Maria Fuentes, 40, Gomez's aunt, said her niece told her she was trying to defend herself and bit her daughter on the arm. The girl ran away, and after she was found at her school, she was examined, Fuentes said, adding that police and social workers questioned Gomez.

Susan Jakobowski, a spokeswoman for the county Department of Children and Family Services, declined to discuss details of the case but she said the department was investigating its contact with the family.

Gomez lost her job at a sandwich shop about three months ago and was hospitalized for stress shortly after, relatives said.

She and her three daughters moved into the pink converted garage with Gomez's mother. The girls' grandmother, Gloria Fuentes, 57, was trying to scratch out a living by pushing a shopping cart every morning and rummaging for recyclables.

Fuentes owned the property, and until days before the killings had rented out the home in the front. But she was unable to make the mortgage, and with the home's value plummeting, the property went into foreclosure. Gomez, her mother and the three girls were going to have to find another place to live, relatives said.

Irene Bell said that the morning of the killings, she saw Gomez but did not sense anything ominous. Like many people in the neighborhood, including Bell's husband, she was out of a job and money was on her mind.

"I talked to her about 7:15 that morning. She was watering the grass, and we talked about the fire," Bell recalled. "The week before, she told me that if I find a job for her, let her know. She said she was looking for a job or they would all have to go to Mexico."

Gomez's brother, Bernardo Gomez Fuentes, 36, of Prescott, Ariz., said that whatever problems his sister had, they really began in the family's hometown of Ixtapa de la Sal in Mexico, where they grew up poor.

"She didn't have the mental well-being to deal with too much pressure," Gomez Fuentes said. "I just can't visualize her doing this, killing her girls. If she did, she didn't have her five senses."

For years she tried to make a living as a street vendor, selling candy and snacks. But about seven years ago, she came to the United States. For a while, things seemed to be going well for her, and she raised enough money to bring her three daughters to be with her.

Relatives said she had no history of violence toward her children or anyone else.

Diana, the 17-year-old, was serious-minded and protective of her mother, relatives said. A couple of years ago she celebrated her quinceañera in the backyard with a big party her grandmother threw for her.

"She was the most centered of the three; she was very serious," Gomez Fuentes said. "But there was also the impotence of her youth, seeing her mom with no money, nothing to eat, bills they couldn't pay. She must have felt powerless."

They had lived with their grandmother in Sun Valley before, but only returned recently as "a last resort," Ana Maria Fuentes said.

"She didn't have money, she didn't have a job, and sometimes they didn't have food," she said.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-girls-slashed5-2009sep05,0,2988341.story

This is a sad story. With the economy being what it is, we probably will see more of this type of shit. It is so sad.

Economy being low or not, there are several ways to make money. Obviously this woman was looking for an excuse to kill her kids. Stress or not, no GOOD mother would kill their kids.

It just seems like she snapped (like obviously she has before) and is using the joblessness (etc) as an excuse. I don't buy it, just like I feel everyone else that commits suicide w/their kids is a chicken shit.

Her behavior seemed unpredictable and erratic, coupled with stresses as listed, I could see someone snapping....perhaps undiagnosed mental illness?

She obviously had done a lot to try and make a better life for her and her children, I don't think her actions were out right malicious, horrific, yes, but something else was going on.

Absolutely horrific as she made the selfish decision to take her children's lives with her. That part in and of itself is simply deplorable and unforgivable regardless of the reasoning.

Rest in peace Edith and Diana Moreno. Your mother has a lot to answer for as she meets her maker.

Last edited:
quite tragic. gives me the chills kinda, i don't know.
being in that situation and nowhere to go. it was a selfish act though and should not be looked upon as a mistake. the woman made a very selfish hideous act && nowe those 2 poor girls will never have the future they once dreamed of. Thank God one girl wasn't home but I'm sure this will torment her for years to come.

:dong:

23j2tzb.jpg
dw6vf9.jpg

12-year-old Edith Moreno and her 17-year-old sister, Diana Moreno

That woman had a lot more going on in her head than losing her job and home. I would not be surprised if whatever it was had more to do with her losing the job than the economy did.

To expand on my opinion above, this doesn't seem like a mental illness going unchecked...these are TEENS that were killed not newborns. Years of ongoing stress, trouble with bills, etc is no good reason to kill kids you've had around you for YEARS. Parenting was nothing new to this woman.

Yes, she prolly snapped, but is that a legit excuse to kill her kids? Nah, not really. I think she just didn't like how she "lost everything", got hospitallized for a mid-life crisis and then completely lost it when she got out. Personally, if I were the other parent in that situation I would have taken custody from her the minute she was put into the hospital.

Her "last resort" wasn't living with her mother, it was killing her kids. There will never be a good enough excuse for killing your own kids. If it's not okay for strangers to do it, it's not okay for parents to do it.

I am a young broke mom with little family,the only family I do have is dieing...I have had hard times like everyone else... I would NEVER kill my children.I don't want too knock any religion but maybe the mother snapped in the worst way and her religion was not helping matters.Last year some lady gave my son who at the time 6 a watchtower booklet...Too say I flipped a cork is a understatement...I was shocked too read what was in it,like basically you go too hell if you don't play there rules.The pictures in it disturbed me more...fields of people all happy and crap chasing butterflies...If they converted too jehova witness flew off a serious handel.The woman wouldn't even bring her kid too the park if we were there.I think the mater of fact is mental illness and religion do not mix its a bad brew.

How very sad! The Grandmother, was out searching for recycables to sell, for money, while this took place! The Grandmother was doing something to feed them, Antonia could have as well, she was working at Subway, I'm sure there is a McDonalds close by she could have worked for and I imagine the 17 year old would have welcomed getting an after school job to help out... My Goodness, there wasn't any reason to murder them!
And the 14 year old, that was away from the home at the time, now in protective custody, she is living a nightmare that she will experience over and over, forever! How selfish of Antonia!!

How very sad! The Grandmother, was out searching for recycables to sell, for money, while this took place! The Grandmother was doing something to feed them, Antonia could have as well, she was working at Subway, I'm sure there is a McDonalds close by she could have worked for and I imagine the 17 year old would have welcomed getting an after school job to help out... My Goodness, there wasn't any reason to murder them!
And the 14 year old, that was away from the home at the time, now in protective custody, she is living a nightmare that she will experience over and over, forever! How selfish of Antonia!!

Except...it's really hard to get a job these days.

They could have cleaned houses, though. I would do that if I was out of a job these days. Nothing wrong with it.

Antonia Gomez ,Mother Charged with Capital Murder For Slashing Daughters' Throats

VAN NUYS --
A 37-year old mother was charged Wednesday with capital murder for the brutal stabbings of her 12-year-old and 17-year-old daughters. Both were found with their throats slashed.

Antonia Gomez killed two of her three daughters on September 2 and then tried to kill herself, according to LAPD Officer Norma Eisenman.

Deputy District Attorney Alisanne Scolnik filed two counts of murder with the special circumstance of multiple murders, making it a potential death penalty case. Gomez is expected to be arraigned Wednesday afternoon at Van Nuys Superior Court.

Police say Gomez' younger daughter, Edith Moreno, was found in a house in the 7800 block of Irvine Avenue; her older sister, Diana Moreno, was found in a converted garage in the back of the property.

Los Angeles police Capt. Ivan Minsal says officers found the bodies after responding to a 911 call.

One of the victims was found in the main house and the other victim and the injured woman were found in a converted garage, he said.

All three lived in the converted garage with their grandmother.

She wasn't home at the time of the deadly attacks.

Gomez was unable to make mortgage payments on her home and had moved back in with her mother, relatives said. She reportedly worried that she would have to move back to Mexico.

Family members said Gomez had recently lost her job and was briefly hospitalized for stress.

She was hospitalized in serious condition with knife wounds to her wrists and upper body.

The woman's 14-year-old daughter was taken into protective custody.

Gomez is being held in lieu of $2 million bail, but prosecutors were expected to ask that she be held without bail.
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-women-stabbed,0,2504284.story
2r4k5kj.jpg

I don't know if any of you are still on this site, but I wanted to say that my mother had very severe mental issues. Growing up I thought her emotional rages and beatings were normal, but they weren't. My name is Citlally Moreno and I was that 14 year old girl who was taken into "protective custody," more like foster homes and group homes. Anyway, why am I posting this? Well, it's been 6 years officially today since my mother murdered my only two sisters. I guess I feel like I need to vent and this seems like the place to do it since all of you have an opinion or two about what happened to my family on Wednesday, September 2, 2009.

I don't know what to say other than I miss my sisters very much :'(

I've been crying for the past hour and now I have a terrible migraine.

Thinking about the incident makes me so sad, especially because I never knew how hard my sisters had it living with my mentally ill mom. If I wasnt sleeping outside on the side of the garagw I wasn't there at all. And that's what saved me from being my mom's victim.
I'm just so sorry this happened.

Except...it's really hard to get a job these days.

They could have cleaned houses, though. I would do that if I was out of a job these days. Nothing wrong with it.

I'm doing fine. I'm now 20 years old, I live with my long term boyfriend and I go to college and also work there.

Today is the 6 year anniversary of my sisters' deaths. I am just so sad right now.

Her behavior seemed unpredictable and erratic, coupled with stresses as listed, I could see someone snapping....perhaps undiagnosed mental illness?

She obviously had done a lot to try and make a better life for her and her children, I don't think her actions were out right malicious, horrific, yes, but something else was going on.

Absolutely horrific as she made the selfish decision to take her children's lives with her. That part in and of itself is simply deplorable and unforgivable regardless of the reasoning.

Rest in peace Edith and Diana Moreno. Your mother has a lot to answer for as she meets her maker.

Mental illness, experimental pills prescribed by some doctor. It was too much for ber to bear.

I'm so very sorry Citlali. That is just so heartbreaking - what a huge loss for you. I hope you're getting lots of love and comfort from your long-term boyfriend, and that you can heal from this and have the happy life you deserve.

I'm doing fine. I'm now 20 years old, I live with my long term boyfriend and I go to college and also work there.

Cohabitation prior to marriage is usually not a good thing. Hopefully this man isn't taking advantage of your troubled history and hopefully you're not a bit too quick to jump so seriously into anything due to it.

How much time did your piece of shit mom get?

Please pray for my sisters.

Little late. Sounds like you could use some though.

Last edited:
Cohabitation prior to marriage is usually not a good thing. Hopefully this man isn't taking advantage of your troubled history and hopefully you're not a bit too quick to jump so seriously into anything due to it.

How much time did your piece of shit mom get?

Little late. Sounds like you could use some though.
your a dick

Cohabitation before marriage is the only way to know what you're getting into.

Back