• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A teenager who received a life-saving heart transplant two years ago after initially being denied because of his bad behavior has died following a high-speed car chase with police.
Anthony Stokes, 17, died on Tuesday afternoon after he crashed a stolen Honda into a pole as he fled the scene of an attempted burglary at an elderly woman's home in Roswell, Georgia.
His death comes less than two years after he was given a second chance at life following a heart transplant at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.
The boy, from Decatur, suffered from a dilated cardiomyopathy so his heart was unable to pump enough blood. The condition can lead to irregular heartbeats, blood clots or heart failure.

He had been given just six to nine months to live but the hospital initially refused to put him on the waiting list for a new organ because they thought he would be 'non-compliant' with the treatment.
Patients can be disqualified from getting a transplant if a hospital doubts they'll stick to the medication regimen after the operation.
At the time, the hospital said that Stokes had failed to take his medication in the past, so his history of non-compliance meant he was not put on the waiting list.
But family and friends alleged that his low school grades and brushes with the law were the real reason he had been ruled out.
Stokes' mother, Melencia Hamilton, told reporters that her son, who wore a court-ordered monitoring device, had been stereotyped as a troubled teen.
Following pressure from national media coverage, the boy's family and civil rights groups, the hospital backpedaled in August 2013, and the teenager received a new heart.

[...]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-nearly-denied-transplant-bad-behavior.html

No, it sounds like they hit the nail square on the head with their initial determination of his character.
You beat me to the punch on this one!

You have to wonder if there was someone more deserving that didn't get a heart because of this shit-stain.

ETA: @everjaded - As they say... great minds think alike!

Sounds like the motherfucker wasn't compliant with anything, including the law. I'm not in mourning for this piece of shit. Too bad the family couldn't admit to what a piece of shit he was, the organ could have gone to a deserving person. Instead, they whined for attention and got what they wanted - for fucking what? Nature, you see, is indeed smarter than people. He would have died when he should have.

I wonder if they could've gotten the heart back to give it to a more deserving person? Imagine the irony of that story - "Heart rejects thief, finds loving home."

I can't believe they bumped people waiting for a heart because the media and victims groups made a kerfuffle about him being portrayed as a bad seed. They bumped him to first on the waiting list, even though they gave him 6-9 months to live, you can guarantee people died because of this kid. There were only 63 heart transplants done that year in Georgia.

He was wearing an ankle monitor because he was fighting. In Jan he was arrested, bonded out in Feb and he's already back to his old ways.

The person he carjacked, the woman he robbed and tried to shoot, the car he hit and the pedestrian he hit, should sue his parents, the civil rights groups and any media that spoke up on behalf of this kid in 2013. This kid should never have received special treatment and should have died 2 years ago.

Thousands of people die every year waiting for organs. People that have complied fully with what needs to be done and who live decent lives. There's a reason transplant boards hold the right to deny organs. Some people just don't deserve the second chance, especially if it will kill someone who does deserve it. They don't give alcoholics or drug addicts new body parts, even if they have quit doing whatever it was, the risk is to high that they will waste a perfectly good organ. Bad people shouldn't be any different.

They wouldn't give my friend a liver transplant, because she was overweight. I hope the family who donated a heart don't find out about this asshat. It would be horrible to find out some thug had your loved one's heart and didn't even appreciate the chance he got.

They don't give alcoholics or drug addicts new body parts, even if they have quit doing whatever it was, the risk is to high that they will waste a perfectly good organ. Bad people shouldn't be any different.
This a million times over!

Jovita Moore, a journalist who interviewed Stokes two years ago, posted to her Facebook a recent selfie he took. What a fucking waste of oxygen and precious resources.

Last edited:
Jovita Moore, a journalist who interviewed Stokes two years ago
I'm actually very impressed with her at the moment. She publicly posted that picture of him instead of carrying on the charade that he was some misunderstood choirboy or something and posting pictures of him when he was a chubby faced 10 year old or something.

Kudos to Miss Moore!

They don't give alcoholics or drug addicts new body parts,
Oh yes we do dear, all the fucking time. I would even guess that the majority of liver transplants are done for cirrhosis related to alcohol abuse, but hepatitis secondary to IVDA is common too.

Mickey Mantle and David Crosby are well known examples; I would guess Larry Hagman too.

Last edited:
Oh yes we do dear, all the fucking time. I would even guess that the majority of liver transplants are done for cirrhosis related to alcohol abuse, but hepatitis secondary to IVDA is common too.

Mickey Mantle and David Crosby are well known examples; I would guess Larry Hagman too.

Celebrities are a completely separate issue. Your average alcoholic is far less likely to be smiled upon by the transplant fairy.

Celebrities are a completely separate issue. Your average alcoholic is far less likely to be smiled upon by the transplant fairy.
Of course celebrities are in a different category, but I only used their names because they are well known. I work at a major transplant center, and believe me, a huge portion of them are former drinkers. I however don't judge people, because the overwhelming number of people who access health care to begin with are there because of something they've done to themselves; be it obesity, smoking, IVDA, or alcohol abuse. All if it keeps me employed and well paid:D

I don't know, he kinda looks like a respectable kid to me. He's wearing a hoodie like Trayvon. It's just technology really. It's the smart phone that scares me the most in that pic. They come out every month now a days, they are so expensive too.

Not only that, who is "behind" almost every crime nowadays? A phone! And it just stands by watching all kinds of atrocious acts. You ever see them jump in to help? NOPE. They just want to World Star that shit. Terminator wasn't a movie. It was a documentary. From the future. James Cameron knows things. LMAO don't tell me you all think he just made up "Avatar" too? :crack:

Back