• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2vx3xjk.jpg

Andy House, seen in July 2014, pleaded guiltyWednesday to wire fraud for ruining his rare, $1 million Italian automobile for the insurance money.
24dq7tt.jpg
2iibjhu.jpg
He killed a beautiful, rare piece of mechanical nature for the insurance money.
[...]
Texas man has pleaded guilty to federal wire fraud charges for deliberately wrecking his rare, $1 million Bugatti automobile.

Andy Lee House, 39, faces up to 20 years in federal for destroying his Bugatti Veyron, an Italian supercar capable of reaching 250 mph and powered by a W16 cylinder engine
[...]
In 2009, House said a “low-flying pelican” caused him to lose control of the luxury sedan and plow it into the gulf near La Marque
[...]
After landing in the water, House exited the car and left the engine running, which caused the sleek machine to suck in great amounts of salt water and destroyed its massively powerful engine
[...]
House reported the loss to his insurance company, and tried to collect on the $2.2 million policy he had taken out on the Bugatti.

What House did not know was that a motorist had used his cellphone to record the fast-moving car, and posted its crash on YouTube.
[...]
were no pelicans in the air that day.
A joint investigation of the accident was conducted by the FBI, the Texas Rangers and Lufkin Police Department in Texas.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ly-destroying-1-million-car-article-1.1919436

Nothing is hidden today with cell phones and the internet. guess he learned the hard way.

Bastard. Anyone who would deliberately destroy a piece of fine automotive history is automatically a bastard in my book.

Yes, I'm a chick and yes, I love cars.

I KNEW it. I love love love the Veyron and at the time this was one of I believe only 3 in the U.S. I watched that video over and over and the more I watched it, the more it looked deliberate. Bastard.

Back