• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
That scrapper must have suspected it was stolen. Bet they crushed it ASAP.
When I was 15, my best friend wanted to do an english class project on how to embalm people. (It was a so called college prep advanced English class but the teacher was a drunk and we only finished half the textbooks.) My friend did not have the nerve to go by herself, so I accompanied her to the local small town funeral parlor. She told the funeral director that she was working on an English class project and asked him how it was all done. He started out speaking like a clichéd mortician, "the dear departed " and all that and said he did not think it was legal to show us the room where the work was done. But despite our chubby nerdiness, we were cute teenagers, and our youthful earnestness won him over! He invited us to the back room where they did the work, showed us the big porcelain slab sink, showed us the tubing and the pump, and gave a detailed description of the entire embalming process. It was fascinating. We thanked him profusely and a few days later, my friend donned her full length black satin opera cape (lined with red satin, which she made in sewing class) and described the whole embalming technique. Got an A too. And we weren't even goth types, we did not drink or do drugs. We were just old fashioned nerds and dorks, with lots of imagination.
This was about 1976.
Before the internet, we had to go find this stuff for ourselves, actually talk to people for research, request books from the library! Kids have it so easy these days with the internet.
Just thought I'd brighten the day with an innocent story of the good old days...

I wonder how much the idiot got for the "Scrap"?
Thats shitty though. Over $2,000 lost

This was about 1976.
Before the internet, we had to go find this stuff for ourselves, actually talk to people for research, request books from the library! Kids have it so easy these days with the internet.
Just thought I'd brighten the day with an innocent story of the good old days...

I think about those good old days all the time.

Now I think I love you.

Latest posts

Back