• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
There could be more victims of a former nurse who raped and sexually assaulted female patients including some who were unconscious, police have said.

The unconscious victims of Andrew Hutchinson were unaware they had been attacked at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford until officers contacted them.

The 29-year-old admitted a number of offences including rape on Monday.

Police said victims were identified from footage obtained, but that anyone else with concerns should get in touch.

Hutchinson, from Abingdon, committed the offences at the hospital and at the Wilderness Festival in Oxfordshire between 2011 and 2013.

Det Ch Insp Mark Johns said: "None of the victims realised they'd been victims of such serious sexual assaults.["]

The former senior nurse also used a camera to spy on women and children at the White Horse Leisure Centre in Abingdon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-32129944

The unconscious victims of Andrew Hutchinson were unaware they had been attacked at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford until officers contacted them
This part is just awful to me. I wish that they didn't have to be told. They had no idea they were victims and honestly were probably better (emotionally) not ever knowing.

I know why they were told, why they had to be told but I just wish it wasn't that way. I wish that they could have remained unaware.

See? This is another reason I'm afraid to get a colonoscopy. Who knows what the heck people will do to me while I'm unconscious. They might play Pac-Man with my ass or something, and I'll be a laughing stock on some internet video.

A former nurse has been jailed for 18 years for raping and sexually assaulting unconscious women.

Andrew Hutchinson, from Abingdon, Oxfordshire, pleaded guilty to rape, sexual assault and voyeurism committed from 2011 to 2013.

The 29-year-old filmed himself raping two patients at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, where he worked.

He also attacked women who had passed out while he was on duty at a music festival, Oxford Crown Court heard.

The court was told Hutchinson also had hundreds of other voyeuristic images, including "up skirt" pictures taken on the London Underground while he was volunteering at the 2012 Olympics.

In addition to admitting rape, voyeurism and sexual assault he pleaded guilty to outraging public decency, making indecent images of children, theft of a hospital camera used for internal examinations and possession of the class B drug ketamine.

Catherine Stoddart, chief nurse at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust, said: "I am shocked and horrified by the way in which Andrew Hutchinson has betrayed the patients he was entrusted to care for and his colleagues, who also trusted him."

She said the hospital will be carrying out an internal review to see if Hutchinson could have been prevented from committing his crimes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32486188

Back