• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

w8ng4msrgt

Trusted Member
Police: Pittsburgh-area woman pays $1,000 for baby

The Associated Press

PITTSBURGH - Police say a Pittsburgh-area woman paid $1,000 for a newborn baby and then claimed she gave birth to it.

Thirty-eight-year-old Andrea Curry-Demus is charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

A criminal complaint says police were called Thursday afternoon to West Penn Hospital after getting a report of a woman with a baby that wasn't hers.

Police say tests at the hospital showed Curry-Demus wasn't the mother. They say Curry-Demus told them she befriended a pregnant woman about buying the baby after she miscarried in June. Authorities say she told them she paid a woman named Tina $1,000 for the baby.

Police are trying to determine who the child's mother is.

Curry-Demus is scheduled to be arraigned in Pittsburgh early Friday. She says she has done nothing wrong.

Link

well-I don't know. I feel kind of bad for her. I am more pissed at the woman who actually sold her own kid.

More...

Police Chief Ophelia "Cookie" Coleman said authorities found a body face-down in a third-floor bedroom with hands duct-taped behind its back.

Wilkinsburg police claimed they had searched the Ella Street apartment Thursday night but reporters called 911 this afternoon after smelling a foul odor coming from the apartment and seeing hundreds of flies buzzing behind the windows.

and she had help

Coleman said police were misled by Curry-Demus' sister, who showed them the wrong apartment, which they searched earlier.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleyindependent/teenscene/s_578316.html

:mmph:

When I get pregnant again I am so going to start carrying a weapon on me. WTF! I can't fucking understand why people do this... is adoption really that difficult or are they that stupid and desperate?

is adoption really that difficult or are they that stupid and desperate?

Yeah. Its really that difficult.

you have to go through this:

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/f_homstu.cfm

Then add thousands of dollars and THEN you wait. MAYBE you will be approved and then MAYBE there will be a child available. Its not like going to the pet store and picking out a puppy.

I know you probably did not mean anything by it, but the fact that you would use the word adoption in the same post as someone who would cut a fetus out of a womb really rubs me the wrong way.

Besides, this woman would never have passed the homestudy stage. Criminal record and mental problems would have shut it down immediately.

Seriously, women who cannot have biological children (ME) are not out to cut babies out of wombs. You are more likely to get struck by lightning I think.

When I was pregnant I was always so worried about some nut out there doing something like this. You can never be too careful. So terrible and sad for this young mother and child. What a history this little one will carry forever.

Yeah. Its really that difficult.

you have to go through this:

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/f_homstu.cfm

Then add thousands of dollars and THEN you wait. MAYBE you will be approved and then MAYBE there will be a child available. Its not like going to the pet store and picking out a puppy.

I know you probably did not mean anything by it, but the fact that you would use the word adoption in the same post as someone who would cut a fetus out of a womb really rubs me the wrong way.

Besides, this woman would never have passed the homestudy stage. Criminal record and mental problems would have shut it down immediately.

Seriously, women who cannot have biological children (ME) are not out to cut babies out of wombs. You are more likely to get struck by lightning I think.

I certainly wasn't referring just to this lady, but to the fact that she felt she needed to do this to obtain a child. I guess that knowing there is options out there, for "normal people" really bothers me when shit like this comes up. Or when we hear about the parents who kill their children, abandon newborns, etc.

Not saying that people who can't have children are out to do this, however there are enough fucked up people in the world (obviously) in which this is a worry for any expecting mother. Especially how it is becoming more and more common. It's as if the higher the security went in hospitals to stop people from stealing the newborns that way, now is costing the mothers (and potentially children) their lives.

The woman has been tentatively identified....
She was just 18 and due to give birth July 30.

She may have been drugged, authorities said, when she was cut open last week and her unborn child taken from her womb.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office on Saturday night tentatively identified a woman found dead in a Wilkinsburg apartment -- hands duct-taped behind her back -- as Kia Johnson of Wilkinsburg, missing since Tuesday.

The Medical Examiner's Office said last night that based on circumstantial evidence, authorities believed the dead woman to be Johnson. The woman's family has been notified, the office said. Dental records are expected to confirm their identification today.

"Her abdomen had been opened with a sharp weapon, the uterus had been opened. We discovered a placenta at the scene," Dr. Karl E. Williams, Allegheny County medical examiner, said yesterday. "The body was in a state of moderate decomposition."

"We will be looking for any drug that might have helped incapacitate her," Williams said. "There is not a lot of evidence of a struggle having occurred. There is some evidence that there were drugs at the scene."

The medical examiner said he couldn't be sure whether the woman was alive when she was cut open, although the baby would not have survived long inside the mother after she died.

The baby "was in some degree of distress when it arrived at West Penn Hospital," but now "is apparently doing well," he said. "The baby had some problems briefly to begin with -- low heart rate, low temperature, probably from blood loss, and recovered very quickly with treatment."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_578527.html

The baby "was in some degree of distress when it arrived at West Penn Hospital," but now "is apparently doing well," he said. "The baby had some problems briefly to begin with -- low heart rate, low temperature, probably from blood loss, and recovered very quickly with treatment."

That is one fucked up way to begin life.

Kia Johnson...

24pi87s.jpg

Kia Johnson, a sweet, book-smart 18-year-old, was eagerly anticipating the arrival of her baby boy, due July 30. She'd already had some sporadic contractions, relatives said, and baby shower gifts filled her apartment.

But she disappeared Tuesday after a visit to see the baby's father at the Allegheny County Jail. And none of her family saw her again until Friday.
They think she befriended suspect Andrea Curry-Demus at the jail, where the suspect also went to visit her husband, Raymond Demus, who is incarcerated there for rape.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08203/898420-55.stm?

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/25781959#25781959"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Seriously, why do people do terrible things like this! Honestly, I cried when I read this entire thread. This is such a terrible thing to do, especially to someone who was so in love with her child.

Ok that's it...I'm putting Nell on a plane and we're going to stay with UnCool until we're done being pregnant!

i think anyone that's preggers should come stay with me. no one is gonna get past my gsds! & after dealing with my two-legged trolls all day, you couldn't pay me to want another.

Andrea Curry-Demus: Murder Suspect Sent To Mental Hospital

xpvmfb.jpg

PITTSBURGH -- An Allegheny County judge has ordered a Wilkinsburg woman accused of cutting a newborn child out of a pregnant woman's womb be sent to a state mental hospital for further treatment.

Andrea Curry-Demus is charged with homicide and kidnapping in connection with the death of 18-year-old Kia Johnson, of McKeesport, and the theft of Johnson's son, who police said was cut from her body.

Police said Curry-Demus took Johnson's newborn to West Penn Hospital last summer, with the umbilical cord still attached, and tried to pass the baby boy off as her own.

Tests determined Curry-Demus had not given birth, and Johnson's decomposing body was later found in the suspect's Ella Street apartment, police said.

Channel 4 Action News' Bob Mayo was in the Allegheny County courtroom for Monday's hearing. Mayo reported Dr. Christine Martone, the psychiatrist who heads the county jail's behavioral unit, said Curry-Demus has "auditory hallucinations" and "psychotic depression." The court heard that Curry-Demus believes the victim is alive or somehow risen and is persecuting her, Mayo reported.

Martone said that while Curry-Demus may understand the charges against her, she is not competent at this time to cooperate in her own defense.

Allegheny County Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey Manning ruled to send Curry-Demus to Torrance State Hospital for not more than 60 days for ongoing evaluation and psychiatric treatment.

Manning will receive updates every 15 days on Curry-Demus' condition.

"The issue is whether or not she is clear-headed and cognitively clear to the point where she understands the defenses that are available to her, and that she can assist me in preparing her defense," said defense attorney Christopher Patarini.

Johnson's father, Eric Johnson, was in court for Monday's hearing.

Eric Johnson said he believes Curry-Demus is competent, but admitted, "I'm not a doctor."

"I'm hurt, but I want justice to be done. Just leave it in the hands of the judicial system. Basically I'd just love to have justice for Kia and Kian," said Eric Johnson. Kian Johnson is Kia Johnson's son.

Eric Johnson showed pictures of his grandson, named after his late mother.

"He's laughing, teething. He's 14 pounds. We love him dearly. I know he was left here to do something. You know, Jesus left him here to do something," said Johnson.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/cnn-news/18462122/detail.html

Thank you for the update on this one. I read about it when it first happened. This little guy is going to have a hard life. Just knowing his mom was murdered would be enough to get to anyone but to know that you were cut out of your mother's body is going to be tourture.

The woman might be bat shit crazy but that should not excuse what she has done.

Terrell Kian Johnson is turning 1 on Wednesday. It's also the first anniversary of the day his mother died - when she was kidnapped and bound with duct tape and Terrell sliced from her womb.

Now the woman's father, 47-year-old Eric Johnson, is raising Terrell and trying to plan his first birthday party, complete with cake and maybe a clown, but also a day for profound grief.

"It was a birthday and a death. ... It's a wee bit hard to swallow," said Johnson, of McKeesport.

Link

Jury selection will begin today in the trial of a woman accused of killing another woman and cutting a baby boy from her womb.

Andrea Curry-Demus, 40, of Wilkinsburg, is charged with homicide, kidnapping, endangering the welfare of a child, unlawful restraint and conspiracy stemming from an incident in July 2008.
[...]

In January, Administrative Judge Jeffrey A. Manning ordered Ms. Curry-Demus be transferred from the jail to Torrance State Hospital for treatment after a doctor from the Allegheny County Behavior Clinic said she had psychotic depression.

At that hearing, her public defender, Christopher Patarini, said he did not believe his client could participate in her case.

Last month, Mr. Patarini filed notice with the court that he plans to pursue an insanity or mental infirmity defense.

Before jury selection begins, Judge Manning is expected to hear arguments on a motion by the prosecution to introduce evidence of previous similar behavior by Ms. Curry-Demus.

Deputy District Attorney Mark V. Tranquilli is expected to tell the judge about an incident involving the defendant in 1990, in which she was convicted of stabbing another woman and stealing her infant.

Police recovered the baby from Ms. Curry-Demus' apartment unharmed.

She served seven years in prison on the case.

Ms. Johnson's baby, Terrell Kian Johnson, is staying with family members.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10004/1025554-56.stm?cmpid=localstate.xml

it doesn't matter if she is mentally ill or not. she is a grave liability to human existence. therefore she must be removed.

Last edited:
I don't understand how our judicial system thinks people are just CURED once they're given probation or serve time for such a serious offense.

If someone is crazy enough to attempt to slice someone open once for something she wants so badly, why wouldn't she try it again??

I don't understand how our judicial system thinks people are just CURED once they're given probation or serve time for such a serious offense.

If someone is crazy enough to attempt to slice someone open once for something she wants so badly, why wouldn't she try it again??

because by default, the system and its purveyors believe far too much in its imagined capabilities to "help", "rehabilitate", or uphold anything resembling justice whatsoever. i'd say actuality suggests otherwise. of course everything i say on this topic is merely in support of my personal idea for a transitionary totalitarian dictatorial phase which removes such stains from the population, while simultaneously permitting the respectable citizens to live happily and freely without the worry of mentally defective cunts cutting pregnant women open and stealing their babies.

how many more will have to die thanks to the arrogance of a failed system?

Back