• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
I hate this kind of thing, I hope someone sees her and calls it in. *praying* Here's what Hayleigh Wilson looks like:

hayleigh25n-1-web_zpsu8kafv6b.jpg

Here's the perv, Benjamin Shook:
hayleigh25n-4-web_zps39lsappm.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/amber-alert-issued-girl-14-sex-offender-article-1.2269429

Authorities are desperately searching for a missing 14-year-old girl last seen with a convicted sex offender wanted by police in Georgia.

An Amber Alert was issued in Tennessee for Hayleigh Wilson, of Surgoinsville, after she left home around 10 p.m. Monday. Early Tuesday, she was spotted at a Walmart in Marion, N.C., with 41-year-old Benjamin Shook, a sex offender who did 10 years in prison for child molestation, records show.

The convicted perv, released from behind bars in September, is wanted as an absconder for failing to register as a sex offender with authorities in Georgia.

Cops say Hayleigh, described as 5-foot-5, 150 pounds with hazel eyes and black hair, was last seen wearing a “flowery top.”

Shook, standing 6-foot-3, 175 pounds with blue eyes and brown hair and a beard, has multiple tattoos and was wearing a blue shirt with “Ford” written on the front. He’s got dark shorts on and was seen wearing a camouflage baseball cap, authorities said.

They may be traveling in a maroon Ford Explorer Sport Trac with the Tennessee tag D6020D, according to cops.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Surgoinsville police at 423-272-7121 or the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-TBI-FIND FREE.​

They need to put a bullet in his fucking brain when they find him.

I pray she is found safely and quickly.

Update: Authorities believe missing Tennessee teen’s vehicle found. Hopefully they'll get her back safe and sound.

Deputies think they found their maroon 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac with Tennessee tag D6020D in Virginia. Investigators from two counties in Tennessee are searching a remote area for them.
Wilson was last seen wearing a flowery top. Shook was wearing a blue shirt with "Ford" written on it, dark shorts and a camouflage baseball hat. He has multiple tattoos.

Wilson's father made an emotional plea for the girl to come home.
"I just want her to come home. I want her to know I'm not going to give up looking for her. I'll die looking for her," he said.

Video of her dad at the link:

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/authorities-missing-tn-girl-spotted-nc-walmart-sex/nmj9m/

I noticed as I was pasting the link across that someone at the news station gave it an address ending with "walmart-sex." :sour:

Gross and disturbing - I hope she is found soon! Our teens use social media, but we warned them if they friend or chat with some hot, unknown male or female teen, it's really a middle-aged perv who looks just like this guy. And that if they go alone to meet someone they know online but have never actually seen, they will most likely be going to meet their doom. If you just forbid it outright, you should know that means your teen will just get better at being sneaky, and you had better be prepared to spend all your spare time trying to track down their accounts.

She's 14 and has her own vehicle? o_O
She took her stepfather's truck.

But here's Tennessee's driving age requirements:

Age Requirements
  • 14 years old―may be eligible for hardship license.
  • 15 years old―eligible for learner permit.
  • 16 years old―eligible for intermediate restricted driver license.
  • 17 years old―eligible for intermediate unrestricted driver license.
  • 18 years old―eligible for regular unrestricted driver license.

ETA: Which is kind of scary because my nearly 15 year old is in Tennessee with his bio Dad for the summer. Watch him come home with a Goddamn driver's license...:shifty::eek:

Last edited:
Keeping my fingers crossed. It's now thought the pair is on foot in Jefferson National Forest:

On June 25, Wilson's stepfather's truck was found abandoned in Grayson County. Investigators said an unsuspecting driver picked up Shook and Wilson and gave them a ride to an area near Raccoon Branch Campground in Sugar Grove, Virginia.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation suspects Shook and Wilson are now traveling on foot and may be in Virginia's Jefferson National Forest, along the Appalachian Trail.

Eddie Wilson told Nancy Grace authorities have concentrated search efforts in a 12-mile area that contains a number of cabins.

"Maybe they're in one of these cabins ... where they can stay out of the weather," Wilson said.

The concerned father said he is "hoping for the best."
Some Nancy Grace interviewing bio-dad at the source link:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/30/hayleigh-wilson-missing_n_7697544.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

Is it inhumane to only conditionally release dangerous sex offenders with surgically implanted tracking ID chips?
Two birds with one stone, receivers are cheap and plentiful, so schools could afford them.
Problem is the low powermeter on the transponder needs to have a discharge reserve.
Just enough to disable motor functions (think taser, hard wired at the back of the neck) until recharged.

The poor get the 8 hour minimum battery, while the rich pay out the nose for a 72 day kit (subject to approval).
Of course, the kits will be purchased by the RSO before probation paperwork is initiated.

I'm an asshole, I'd up the CO$T of their freedom to finance local child victim advocacy groups.

ETA: Which is kind of scary because my nearly 15 year old is in Tennessee with his bio Dad for the summer. Watch him come home with a Goddamn driver's license...
Exactly, When my son went to visit his dad one summer, He got him his license and a vintage camaro... My son decided to live with his dad.:arghh:
Too many rules at moms house in southern cali.

Exactly, When my son went to visit his dad one summer, He got him his license and a vintage camaro... My son decided to live with his dad.:arghh:
Too many rules at moms house in southern cali.
My worst fucking nightmare.

My son hasn't spent time with his dad in 12 years, there was no contact at all for 10 years, so prior to this trip there was no relationship, this is more of a getting to know one another trip. I hope...

Although, I have to give your son's dad credit for his vehicle choice, vintage Camaro, damn. Would only be better if it was a vintage Mustang.

vintage Mustang.
My first "real" car was a 1970 mach1. Holy fuck, I still get wet panties when I think of our time together.
Same Ex made me sell it. I was young and too immature to realize that my love for that car would outlast my love for him 20 fold.
He did gift me a much more valuable car but true love is true love.

Side story, After our divorce, My hair stylist set me up on a blind date. Said blind date owned my former mach1. The guy wanted to marry me, I thought he was creepy but considered marrying him just to stay near my car. In the end, I had to let the car go and el creepo.

I'm thrilled she was found safe and well. I believe in the end...that this would have ended tragically...had they not been found.

October 06, 2016

A registered Georgia sex offender who kidnapped a Hawkins County teenager last summer has been sentenced to life in prison plus five years at a federal court ruling in Greeneville on Thursday.

Judge Leon Jordan accepted the sentencing guidelines pushed for by federal prosecutors for Benjamin Shook, 42, who was captured in Smyth County, Va., after he was on the run for a 16-day period with a then 14-year-old girl.

Shook received the life sentence for four counts of kidnapping and the five-year sentence for violation of the Adam Walsh Act, which prohibits sex offenders from unregistered travel.

In her sentence recommendation, U.S. Attorney Nancy Stallard Harr said a lifetime sentence was needed for Shook for crimes and conduct that she called "every parent's nightmare."

U.S. Marshals classified Shook as a sexual predator.

Shook had previously pleaded guilty to a state charge of rape of a minor in Smyth County, Va., and received a 23-year sentence.

http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/benjamin-shook-sentenced-to-life-in-prison/329567530

Back