• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Sweetheart enough
Then stop quoting me and go away.

Stop attacking me and eith accept the facts as i have told them or don't.
And what facts exactly? The only fact that you have presented is one we already knew and that is that a baby is dead. The rest is hearsay and assumption. You're assuming she didn't know her child was injured, assuming she didn't neglect him, all based on what she may or may not have told you. None of those are facts.

Lay off both of them. This was a tragic incident for both of them and they have both been through enough.
Is this one of your "facts"?

Until they suffer the same fate as that defenseless baby, they haven't been through NEARLY enough!

I'm thankful for the inside details, but I can't handle you defending Amanda at all. In order for her child to get scalded and die of infection and dehydration she had to have not touched or looked at that baby in days. Days...

Man, seriously. This, Er, person, keeps saying along the lines of "like the 'facts' or not."
WE DONT LIKE THEM. NOTHING YOU SAY WILL CHANGE OUR MINDS.
This baby died in AGONY, and mom didn't do a fucking thing about it. Days. DAYS, ok? You don't get dehydrated in mere minutes.
Fuck outta here.

Yeah, no. At no point does my brain think an injured 2 year old would be cool with being kept away from mom. There had to be more than her just not having to care for the kid. She had to willfully choose to ignore it. There is no way.

I call bullshit on your story. There may be a grain of truth but as I see it you're blinded by feeling sorry for her. There is no way you can give accurate details to this case since you are so biased.

I find it to be incredibly sad that the bio dad of poor little Ryker was killed March of this year.

Jean-Francois Michaud, 34, of Leamington, was pronounced dead at the scene on County Road 31 just south of Highway 3.

According to provincial police, Michaud was wearing dark clothing and there were no lights on his bicycle at the time of the accident — around 10:30 p.m.

Police believe Michaud was riding his bicycle north on County Road 31 when a collision took place with a grey 2004 Pontiac Montana that was also northbound.

The page also shows Michaud was a father. One of his children — Ryker Michaud-Duponte — died suddenly in May 2014 at the age of 21 months.

The toddler was living in Strathroy at the time. The mother of the child, Amanda Dumont-Daponte, and her husband, Scott Bakker, were charged with criminal negligence causing death and failure to provide the necessaries of life.

“He’s my little angel,” Michaud wrote in July 2014. “I miss him so much. Ryker-roo. R.I.P. little buddy.”

Michaud is survived by a daughter and another son.

http://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...r-leamington-cyclist-killed-on-county-road-31

Good evening/morning all!
This is my first post and hopefully I'm not breaking the rules by not introducing myself first (I'll do that at the end, if anyone cares to read...) but I've been lurking here since the start of this mess and I was surprised that no one has commented since the start of the trial. Then I thought, maybe y'all didn't know it had started, and maybe you haven't heard the details.

https://twitter.com/JaneatLFPress

Bio: nurse, parent, former adult-entertainer; enjoys documentaries, repairing children's toys & cooking; allergic to bees and penicillin

1297900931033_ORIGINAL.jpg

November 23, 2017

To realize that Ryker Daponte-Michaud needed medical treatment for serious burns covering 25-per cent of his body, a judge told a London courtroom Thursday it didn’t take advanced parenting skills or sophisticated knowledge.

It simply “called for the exercise of basic humanity.”

Justice Renee Pomerance gave Amanda Dumont, the child’s mother, and her ex-boyfriend, Scott Bakker, nine years each in jail after they were found guilty last month of criminal negligence causing death and failing to provide the neccessaries of life, bringing the lengthy and emotional trial to an end.

Characterizations of selfishness were described over and over in the judge’s decisions for each individual. In her pre-sentence report, Dumont regaled an interviewer with her own ailments, hardships, and appointments, before mentioning the impact of Ryker’s death on her remaining children. In the days before Ryker died, Pomerance noted how Dumont had been resourceful when she needed help changing slashed car tires, or finding her lost dog.

But she didn’t get help for Ryker.

“The inescapable inference is that Ryker was not as important,” Pomerance said.

She also didn’t see Bakker’s diagnosed mental health issues as an excuse of his criminal activities, or as something that stood in his way of calling a doctor.

“There’s no indication he was unable to understand the gravity of the situation,” she said.

Pomerance also noted the toll on the Dumont’s three daughters, who are now 8, 9, and 13 years old.

“Each of them chronicled the devastating impact of Ryker’s death,” she said.

“They are haunted by seeing his lifeless body on the floor… these children are left to carry a heavy emotional burden.”

Before Ryker’s body was discovered, both Dumont and Bakker were about to leave on a trip to Walmart — leaving the eldest daughter alone in the house with Ryker. But the daughter ran out of the house and said she was scared of being left alone in case he needed his diaper changed. She didn’t want to see the burns.

“It was only when [the eldest daughter] begged someone to stay home with her, that Mr. Bakker got out of the car,” Pomerance explained. Had she not run out of the house at that exact time, “there’s every reason to believe that she would have been the one to discover Ryker’s lifeless body.”

Dumont wept to her lawyer after Pomerance left the courtroom. She still blames Bakker for what happened, her defence lawyer Ken Marley confirmed outside of the courthouse.

“If one of her honour’s purposes was imposing a sentence that would not be crushing on the offenders, I think she failed,” he said.

Bakker’s defence lawyer, Gord Cudmore, however, believes the sentencing was “well-reasoned.” He told reporters that Bakker feels he and Dumont share the blame for Ryker’s death.

“In hindsight, he realizes he didn’t do the right thing and he’s regretful of that.”

Crown attorney Elizabeth Maguire gave a statement, saying the case has been long and very difficult.

“We had a lot of support though, through the whole time. The decision in our minds was a just decision, now everybody involved can just get on with their lives.”
https://globalnews.ca/news/3876997/...nced-to-9-years-in-scalding-death-of-toddler/
bakker-dumont.jpg

Back