• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
verjg2.jpg

Kayla Mendoza​
The parents of a 21-year-old woman killed by a wrong-way driver have revealed they arrived at the scene of the accident after tracking her on a locator app when he missed her curfew.

Marisa Caran Catronio died early on Sunday morning after her friend's 2012 Toyota Camry was hit head-on by a 20-year-old driver on the Sawgrass Expressway
[...]
Her best friend Kaitlyn Nicole Ferrante, who was driving the Camry, remains in critical condition in Broward Health North after the crash.

Marisa's devastated father Gary revealed that they had become concerned after the women failed to return home before their 2am curfew so they used an app that tracked her cellphone.

At 2.11am he said he could tell that their car had stopped on the expressway, so he and other family members headed there - and came across the tragic scene,
[...]
'I'll never hug my little girl again,' Gary wept
[...]
The women had been heading home to Coral Springs after a night out on Saturday when they were hit by a Hyundai Sonata driven by Kayla Maria Mendoza, 20,
[...]
Marisa was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after the 1.45am crash, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.
Both Ferrante and Mendoza were taken to Broward Health North, where Mendoza is listed in serious condition,
[...]
Investigations are underway to determine how the crash occurred and why Mendoza was driving on the wrong side of the road.

Gary Catronio now hopes to launch a campaign to have highway access ramps fitted with spikes or flashing warning lights to signal drivers going the wrong way.

'My little girl is not here anymore because of the negligence of a driver driving on the wrong side of the highway,' he told NBC. 'This has to be stopped. We've got to do something to prevent this.'
Catronio is now making funeral arrangements for his beloved daughter, whom he remembered as 'full of life'. He said that Marisa, who worked at a pediatrics office, loved fashion and baking.

Marisa also leaves behind her mother, Natalie, and brothers Jesse, 19, and Dustin, 17.

The family members paid tribute to Marisa on Facebook, sharing photos of the young woman.
Jesse wrote: 'Best big sister in the world! No one can ever replace you. You were always there for me and helped me through so much. I love you and you'll never be forgotten.'
[...]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ccident-scene-tracking-app-misses-curfew.html
14in9lu.jpg

Victims: Marisa Caran Catronio, right, has died and her best friend Kaitlyn Nicole Ferrante, left, is in critical condition after a wrong-way driver smashed into them on a Florida expressway on Sunday
wjdq48.jpg
2w5w0n5.jpg

'Full of life': The girls had been heading back from a night out when they were hit by the other car​

MANY MORE PICS AT LINK

On Saturday night, hours before authorities say 20-year-old Kayla Mendoza pulled her Hyundai Sonata onto the Sawgrass Expressway going the wrong way and crashed into a 2012 Toyota Camry, killing the two passengers inside, she tweeted "2 drunk 2 care," her Twitter feed shows.
Mendoza, of Hallandale Beach, who calls herself "pothead princess" on Twitter and has slightly altered the spelling of her name on the social media site, has dispatched scores of tweets detailing what appears to be chronic marijuana and alcohol abuse -- some of which even occurs inside her car.
[...]
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2013/11/kayla_mendoza_accident_drunk.php

read tweets at link ^^

You can almost see the smug entitlement attitude oozing from every pore of Kayla's countenance. Now it's various bodily fluids. Maybe a few bone slivers from a broken face, too.
I can only hope.

21 years old with a curfew? GPS on phone and car? Parents staying up to make sure 21 year old is home by curfew? Overbearing parents? Geez, man.

Somebody make sure they keep abreast of this case (because I'm too lazy and can't be bothered:p). I'm interested in what the judge has to say. I don't think someone who drinks and smokes pot is a bad person, so the twatter and FB really don't mean much to me. I know plenty of professionals who drink and smoke, the difference is they don't do those things and drive. That I don't have tolerance for.

Well, I'm 2 pissed off 2 care if the little drunken whore ends up dying from a massive infection in the hospital as a result of her injuries.

And, what 21 year old obeys a damn curfew? At 21 I was working on my first divorce with a baby and 2 damn jobs! My parents were just happy to have me out of the house.

And, what 21 year old obeys a damn curfew?

The girl with the curfew is the one that was killed, so I don't think it matters why she had/obeyed a curfew. It matters that she was killed by a drunk selfish cunt.

And, what 21 year old obeys a damn curfew? At 21 I was working on my first divorce with a baby and 2 damn jobs! My parents were just happy to have me out of the house.
If my kid were living at home (hopefully while going to school) at 21 I'm not sure they would have a curfew but they would have to abide by my rules if they are living in my house. The GPS is kind of weird, overbearing parents or maybe she betrayed their trust in the past? Too bad it didn't prevent this.

If my kid were living at home (hopefully while going to school) at 21 I'm not sure they would have a curfew but they would have to abide by my rules if they are living in my house. The GPS is kind of weird, overbearing parents or maybe she betrayed their trust in the past? Too bad it didn't prevent this.
I do applaud the parents clear adoration for their daughter but I just don't think that you do your child any favors by trying to shelter them that long. It really has no bearing on the fact that the drunken bimbo should have been the one to die in the crash not their daughter but sometimes in these stories I get stuck on the irrelevant details because my brain can't process my outrage. I HATE drunk drivers, I think we are too lenient on them by and large and I think it should be at least a 2nd degree murder charge or that DUI Homicide should carry the same sentence as 2nd degree murder, even 1st degree.

She will be going away for a long time, she is going to cry and cry and have a bunch of people saying shit like "that is not who she really is, you dont know the whole story (you notice how often that comes up in all the stories posted).

I really hate driving anywhere after 10pm because of idiots like her. My son has to go out in the middle of the night for his job, he use to text me and let me know and then I would lay awake and worry about if he made it back OK. I told him just to not tell me anymore for that reason.

Another drunk whore destroying two good girls life's and their families. What a shame seems like the one who should have been GPS'd is the drunk slut who obviously has an attitude problem one of those me me me bitches. I hope she rots.

So the best friend died too? Best friends forever here on earth and up in heaven so sad! :(

Seems that she did indeed pass away too once she arrived at Hospital:

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2013/11/kayla_mendoza_accident_drunk.php

Florida Highway Patrol says the wrong-way driver hit the Toyota just after 1:45 a.m. Marisa Catronio was pronounced dead at the scene. Her passenger, Kaitlyn Ferrante, was taken to Broward Health North, where she later died. Mendoza was also transported there and is in serious condition.

Too beautiful young ladies taken too soon. RIP Hearing the driver Kaitlyn was critically injured I just knew it didn't sound like she would make it so here's the update. It never ceases to amaze me HOW the drunken drivers always seem to walk away from a horrific accident with sometimes with minor injuries in this case serious injuries simply unscathed. Is it the alcohol that makes it happen? WHY God why do the bad ones always live? I wonder out loud. I pray that justice is served by having Kayla serve the rest of her natural life behind bars hopefully without her alcohol & weed with the picture of the BFFs taped to her prison wall. Yet somehow I know after living in Flori-DUH the Gunshine State for 33+ years she will simply slink away like the snake in the grass she is by MAYBE serving 1 - 3 years at the most. Then again my hope the charge is DUI first degree vehicular HOMICIDE. I know some of ya'll are doubting Thomas' yet my nephew was charged with first degree vehicular homicide (not DUI he wasn't drinking) in FL after his BFF as a passenger without a seat belt on in the next car street racing down North Florida Avenue in Tampa when my nephew's camaro spun out of control hitting a pothole then hitting the other car that hit a steel post killing his BFF instantly. My nephew simply bonded out of jail instantly then his mother at age 45 had a heart attack she lived with his BFF too. A public defender was assigned the case. The family's impact statement of the dead young man his family didn't want my nephew or the other driver to be sentenced to prison up to 10 years so both of them escaped justice. Speak up dad when it's YOUR turn to make the family's impact statement. While it may sound harsh coming from his aunt my nephew was out the next week street racing as usual didn't bother him one bit. A lit'l time to serve behind bars may have meant he learned his lesson instead he STILL races until the next tragedy unfolds. While everyone is focusing on the girl's curfew I must admit if she was in before MIDNIGHT maybe her & her BFF would still be here so it's SAD :(. This is not meant to BLAME the girls the drunks come out especially late at night especially when the bars close - WATCH OUT I paid my father's mortgage at 18 years old (already working at 17 almost a full time job) this was back in 1979 in FL before the age limit was 21 to drink when my dad told Mahi that he wanted to know WHERE I was last night as I didn't come home. So I simply told him, "Dad, I'm 18 years old I pay your MORTGAGE so don't even ask" so he never asked again! I spent the night instead of driving home drunk at a friend's house. Back in those days Steak & Ale had live rock & roll bands. I wish the girls' listened to the puppetmaster's her father's "curfew" pulling her strings maybe they would STILL be alive? Would you like two 21 year olds ALIVE or dead? Aloha RIP Marisa & Kaitlyn

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/11/21/second-victim-of-coral-springs-wrong-way-crash-dies/

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=X&ei=IESSUujNA8TuoASTyoGICA&ved=0CEAQ9QEwCA

Last edited:
enhanced-buzz-29412-1385076879-10.jpg

4hresnmw.jpg

she hit a Toyota Camry just after 1:45 a.m.
Passenger Marisa Catronio, 21, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver, Kaitlyn Ferrante, 20, was taken to Broward Health North, where she later died. Mendoza was also transported there and is in serious condition, the Miami New Times reports.

An investigation is under way, and Mendoza has not been charged yet.

Kayla Mendoza Update: '2 Drunk 2 Care' Twitter Post May Not Have Been Hers; Family Claims 'Kaila' Was Hacked

The News-Times reported Mendoza's Twitter (who allegedly goes by Kaila Mendoza online) was hacked, according to her cousin Luis Massey. The cousins claims the person is posting "lies" and the tweets about smoking weed and drinking may not be hers.

"We can't say who is hacking her account, but if I knew her password I would shut it down," Massey told New Times. "All we can say is that someone is posting lies on there. It's slander on her Twitter. It's heinous, and whoever hacked it is very sad, that they would post such annoying comments."

"People need to know that she's no monster," he said. "I've known her my whole life, and people are trying to make her look like a junkie. She's a respectable, honest, loving person."

http://www.hngn.com/articles/18167/...family-claims-kaila-was-hacked-see-tweets.htm

"My family believes that," Massey said. "No one has yet taken any steps to investigate what the other two women were doing that night. We don't believe that anyone here was truly innocent. These women may have had their secrets too, or maybe not."

What a effing c*nt victim blaming like that

What a effing c*nt victim blaming like that

Whaaaaa? Wasn't the drunk chick a wrong way driver? How can the other girls NOT be innocent? They were driving on the CORRECT side of the express way. o_O

(not directed at you, just responding to your quote from the article)

Whaaaaa? Wasn't the drunk chick a wrong way driver? How can the other girls NOT be innocent? They were driving on the CORRECT side of the express way. o_O

(not directed at you, just responding to your quote from the article)
exactly, stupidest thing I have heard all day

Ok, so the stupid "Tweets" or whatever were by a hacker and not her. That doesn't change the fact that she got behind the wheel, underage and hammered, drove the wrong way down the road and took the lives of not 1 but 2 innocent and promising young woman. Ok, she isn't a junkie but she is a selfish, self-centered little cunt who clearly believes that the world must revolve around her.

In an interview with Inside Edition, Mendoza said she has no recollection of driving on the highway or the accident.

“And when I found out that not only did I get into an accident but the two girls that I got into the accident with passed away, it just really made me wonder why I didn’t too,” said Mendoza. “Those beautiful girls are not here anymore and it’s because of me.”

Mendoza does recall going out with drinks with co-workers the night of accident. At the time, she was only 20-years old. The receipt from Tijuana Taxi shows the underage Mendoza drank two large house margaritas and had two other drinks of Patron Silver tequila. The receipt shows a payment of $65.78. The receipt does not show that Mendoza ate anything.

The Florida Highway Patrol says at some point that night or the next morning Mendoza tweeted “2 drunk 2 care.”

Mendoza said the tweet has been taken out of context. She said it didn’t mean that she was going to get behind the wheel and whatever happened, happened. Instead, she said, it was meant for her boyfriend because the two had just recently argued.

Mendoza is free on $600,000 bond.
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06/arraignment-scheduled-for-wrong-way-driver-kayla-mendoza/

It doesn't matter if she remembers or not. It's already obvious what happened, so please stop lying now and take responsibility.

Her family will literally exhaust every avenue possible to absolve her of any responsibility.... amazing. Those values are probably what brought her to be "2 drunk 2 care" in the first place.

In NO way does this make her not responsible for her actions, but it seems like their were multiple fails that day.
I agree! If she was old enough to "beat the system" to be served, she's old enough to be fully responsible for her actions that night. She is fully responsible for taking the lives of those beautiful girls, and I hope that she realizes this and spends every single day for the rest of HER life to educate teenagers about what she did and how easily being "2 drunk 2 care" can happen to them.

The fact that she was illegally served just makes the story that much sadder, especially for the families of the victims. The person or people responsible for that "mistake" should also be charged and also do community service to educate teenagers -- after they re-educate themselves.

I agree that she should've been carded, but she's an adult, not a child. From her twitter posts, it seems like this wasn't her first go round with an intoxicating substance. No one slipped her a drink. She fucking knew. There is no excuse for drunk driving. Anyone who does that is the most selfish of cunts. It expresses no respect for your life or the life of anyone else. It was two young women she killed. It could have been a family with babies and children. Has she been charged? If not, why they fuck not. And I know it's old news, but her cousin needs to choke to death on his own tongue.

Latest posts

Back