• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
24qmwd3.jpg
jqg65g.jpg
The accused: Alex Rios, 18, and Nathaniel Carrillo, 16, have both been charged with murder in the twin killings
x5ct2w.jpg
Admitted killer: Police say Gilbert Tafoya admitted to the killings, and also to beating about 50 other transients in the city over the past year
Three teenagers admitted beating two homeless men to death with bricks, cinder blocks and other hard objects so badly that the crime scene disturbed even veteran cops
[...]
Alex Rios, 18, Nathaniel Carrillo, 16 and Gilbert Tafoya, 15, are being held in Bernalillo County detention facilities after allegedly killing the helpless victims Saturday in an open field
[..]
'I personally, after reading that complaint, was sick to my stomach because of the nature of the violence and the age of the offenders,' police spokesperson Simon Drobik
[..]
he names of the two men savagely beaten to death have not been released. But a third man, Jerome Eskeets, escaped the brutal beatdown and lived to tell his story.
Eskeets told police the teens covered their faces with t-shirts and beat him and the two other victims with bricks, a metal fence pole and sticks.
All three victims suffered injuries to their entire bodies, including their faces - which were left unrecognizabl
[...]
Officers responded Saturday around 8 a.m. to a 911 call reporting two bodies in a field. They found one victim lying on a mattress and another lying on the ground. Eskeets was hospitalized for his injuries.

Eskeets told
[...]
that he recognized one of the 'kids' hitting and kicking him as someone who lived in a nearby house.
[...]
found the three suspects at the home, according to the complaint, and quickly noticed blood in the waistband of Tafoya's shorts.

Both Tafoya and Carrillo are brothers, the homeowner told
[...]
Rios was identified as a friend who had slept over the previous night.
[...]
interviewed all three boys and learned the awful truth of what happened.

Rios told investigators he acted as a lookout while the other boys callously attacked the homeless, beating them to a bloody pulp.

The younger suspects, however, told police that Rios also took part in the attacks. Both boys said they wanted to look for someone to beat up and possibly rob.

Tafoya said they approached the suspect with their faces covered by t-shirts. They then raised the cinder blocks up over their heads and smashed the homeless men in the face at least 10 times each with the blocks,
[...]
Carrillo and Tafoya admitted they took one victim's driver's license and debit card. The license was found in the teens' home,
[...]
Tafoya also admitted to police they have previously attacked about 50 other homeless people around the city in the past year
[...]
There are often homeless people around here; they come and sleep in the shade,' Matthew Sierra,
[...]
. 'It hurt business for a little while. But there hasn’t been anything like this in the three years we’ve been here.'
'Who failed these kids? How did they get to this point?' Drobik asked
[...]
'I mean, I was sick to my stomach. Homicide had a hard time dealing with this. They were there for 18 hours just putting it together. It’s just unbelievable.'

Investigators said they are now going to look into open cases involving attacks on transients to see if they are relate.

'We want to bring justice to everybody who was attacked by these individuals,' Drobik continued. 'They may have been boasting that they’ve attacked 50 people but, that’s what they told us and, specifically transients.'
[...]
have yet to officially confirmed the identities of the two victims. Their transient background and the severity of their injuries have made identifying them somewhat difficult
[...]
The department is asking anyone in the homeless community with information to get in touch with them. Drobik said any transients uncomfortable approaching police can also contact them through any social service agency.
Just please come forward,
[...]
Rios has been charged with two counts each of murder, conspiracy to commit first-degree felony and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. He also faces three counts of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and one count each of tampering with evidence and robbery.

Carrillo and Tafoya have also been charged with murder - as adults.

All three are currently in custody.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uquerque-homeless-killings.html#ixzz3848FYWeU
Alexs FB
htsn6o.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/alex.rios.7798?fref=browse_search

Gilbert Tafoya FB
2h4xijo.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/gilbert.tafoya.56?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab

Nathaniel Carrillo FB
29njar6.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004166310121&fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab

They all look like fine, upstanding US citizens... trying to take care of the homeless problem in Albuquerque...

HOLY SHIT! there needs to be a sarcasm punctuation.... These three should be tossed into Me-hi-co and see how long they last as homeless people...

:(:mad: Crimes perpetrated against the homeless population make me incredibly sad and really piss me off (in a similar way to crimes against children and the elderly). Just like children/the elderly, a majority of the homeless do not have a 'voice.' They are often incapable of advocating for themselves or feel as if they're invisible and that no one cares. Regardless of how or why they became homeless, they are not simply a "public nuisance" which seems to be a catch-phrase around where I live and they are NOT despensible...they are people too.

(I used to volunteer @ a center that aided the homeless and just something to think about (that I definitely hadn't before volunteering there), it's almost impossible to get a legit job without a phone/contact #, an address, and definitely an ID. It's hard to get an ID without proof of address, a social security card, or a birth certificate. It's a vicious circle)

They all look like fine, upstanding US citizens... trying to take care of the homeless problem in Albuquerque...

HOLY SHIT! there needs to be a sarcasm punctuation.... These three should be tossed into Me-hi-co and see how long they last as homeless people...

Just FYI :sarcasm: (it's a smiley available here...took me a while to find it)

Thanks, I havn't been around a lot since they changed things up around here... I almost feel like a noob trying to get back into the swing of things 'round here...

Abq has tons of homeless people. It's sad. The shelters here are crap and no one even wants to stay in them. It's so sad these kids decided to be dickheads and do such a terrible crime. What the fuck is wrong with kids these days?

Abq has tons of homeless people. It's sad. The shelters here are crap and no one even wants to stay in them. It's so sad these kids decided to be dickheads and do such a terrible crime. What the fuck is wrong with kids these days?
My guess would be lack of parenting and a total desensitizing of today's youth... and BumFights...

They then raised the cinder blocks up over their heads and smashed the homeless men in the face at least 10 times each with the blocks

The article said their faces were "unrecognizable", but this means their faces, and possibly most of their heads, were gone.

What little fucking monsters.

I wonder if they were inspired by the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs.

This makes what happened all the more depraved
Teens accused of killing homeless men were once homeless themselves
A man who says he is the father of two of the three teens charged with fatally beating two homeless men says that they too were once homeless, and he has no idea what prompted the brutal Friday night attack (...)

"It's so hard that he could do that to someone where...I mean, like I said, we came from there," said Victor Prieto (...)"You know what I mean? We're not there now, but that's where we...we got out of there."
(...)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/22/teen-kills-homeless-man_n_5609020.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

It doesn't sound to me like dad is trying to defend them or make excuses for them. He seems heartbroken and confused as to why.

"It's so hard that he could do that to someone where...I mean, like I said, we came from there," said Victor Prieto (...)"You know what I mean? We're not there now, but that's where we...we got out of there."

Not a psychoanalyst or anything, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess they were taking out some kind of aggression against their father by proxy.

That douchebag Tafoya needs to take those dog tags off. I'm insulted and disgusted as a military vet.
Either take 'em off, or someone tuck a stick under it and begin slowly twisting...

An aggressor is an aggressor no matter..I have connections to one of the boys...and because of my profession I knew both of the victims. The streets of Alb are getting more and more violent for the homeless every day. Look up Nancy Meyer..she was an innocent...run over by someone that had no regard for human life....

Back