• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
34AFD2A100000578-3612481-image-a-88_1464346659511.jpg

A 23-year-old man has died after being attacked by bees as he and a friend were hiking in Usery Mountain Park in Arizona.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said Alex Bestler, who originally came from Louisiana, had been stung more than 1,000 times.

It is thought the bees which killed Mr Bestler may have been Africanized honey bees - sometimes known as killer bees - which are far more aggressive than regular bees.

Mr Bestler and his friend were hiking the Merkle Memorial Trail in the hills above Mesa around 9am when a large swarm of bees appeared without warning.

The friend ran away and hid in a nearby restroom but Bestler was overtaken by the swarm before he could find shelter, said a Sheriff's Office spokesman.

Another hiker and several park employees discovered Bestler on the ground covered in bees.

They tried to approach him but the aggressiveness of the bees forced them to stay back, said the spokesman for the Sheriff's Office.

Eventually the hiker, two firefighters, a Sheriff's Office sergeant and several park employees managed to get him onto a utility vehicle, despite him still being covered in bees.

He was rushed to hospital but was later pronounced dead.

His friend, Elena Gail Collins, posted on Facebook: 'Such a sweet person who honestly just loved life. Praying for the family. Rest in sweet peace, Alex Bestler.'

Part of the Merkle Trail has now been closed as a precaution.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, said: 'These attacks are becoming more frequent and I urge the public to be aware of their surroundings when out in these areas.'
[…]
Africanized bees will viciously attack people who unwittingly stray into their territory and attack in far greater numbers.

Once disturbed, colonies may remain agitated for 24 hours, attacking people within a quarter mile of the hive.

In October 2014 a 32-year-old landscape gardener died and his colleague was critically injured after an attack by killer bees in Douglas, Arizona.

Africanized bees are so-called because they are descended from southern African bees imported in by Brazilian scientists in the 1950s.
LINK

I'm so glad we don't get these kids of bees up here in my part of Canada. Scares the crap out of me! What a horrible way to go. :(

I've never been stung by a bee

You should try it out.

It'd be good to know whether you have an allergy to em or not for starters.

Plus, it's so damn satisfying. I love em. The initial pain is so intense, but it dissipates very quickly and the feeling is quite calming/relaxing.

Bees are fucking great.

I deal with enough pain daily, I avoid it when I can!

It actually is used as a form of pain management therapy. I wasn't fucking around with the soothing characteristics of a bee stings.

you could die.

HIGHLY unlikely. Even so, for the first go it would be smart to be sure you have a cellphone and/or a friend nearby. Most people aren't allergic, and most who are aren't deathly allergic.

It actually is used as a form of pain management therapy.

Like getting tattooed but different.

*** I couldn't figure out why everyone was staring at me when I left the shop. You couldn't see the

work (art) I slipped into the bathroom at the market to check myself...It was my eyes...I looked

high as fuck..and I was...all natural.

Still @Buffettgirl its not just the sting...its the noise they make and the way their

feet feel on you. Keep on saying no to bee's. like don't kill them for fun...but say no!

Back