• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A man who took a job as a delivery driver despite being banned from the road for life has been jailed.

Alan Scott had been given several lifetime bans from driving over 57 offences before he was caught behind the wheel in Perth in July.

The 30-year-old was jailed for eight months after admitting driving while disqualified for the fifth time.

Perth Sheriff Court heard Scott had "something akin to an addiction" to driving.

Police were informed that Scott was driving while disqualified, and caught him driving off from the Marmaris takeaway in Perth on 31 July.

Solicitor Kris Gilmartin said Scott "ought to know better", having been jailed for this offence before.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-34090226

Alan Scott had been given several lifetime bans from driving over 57 offences before he was caught behind the wheel in Perth in July.
I did an appeal for a former classmate of mine after he received his 58th driving with suspended/revoked and was given 3 months in jail.

Right now he's awaiting trial for vehicular assault for hitting his boyfriend with a car and ANOTHER driving while suspended/revoked.

Most with "lifetime" bans, suspension or whatever you call it, don't give enough of a shit to stop driving, no matter how many times they get caught.

A neighbor's girlfriend has 7 suspended license driving offenses. She just doesn't drive properly, so she always gets pulled over. From what I observed, her cars always had current tags, so she was pulled over for poor driving or some mechanical defect. If I was going to drive without a license, I would make sure to obey every traffic rule and all lights working and always wear my seatbelt. How does one get 58 driving offenses by age 30? Amazing stupidity.

Back