• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A woman who admitted to snorting heroin the day before she delivered a full-term stillborn baby could be jailed on child endangerment charges.

Raven Lynn West, 23, from Alabama, delivered the stillbirth on October 9, just days after being released from jail on bond.

She had first been arrested and jailed for child endangerment charges on May 4, 2016, but was released the same day, before again being put behind bars on August 19 after failing to appear before court, Alabama.com reports.

West was released from jail on bond on October 6, when she was 37 weeks pregnant, and taken to a facility for drug-addicted pregnant women.

However, court documents reveal the 23-year-old confessed to walking away from the center on October 8 to buy a bag of heroin.

She then snorted it in the bathroom of a local business in Birmingham, the newspaper reports.

West told police as she inhaled the drug, she could feel her baby kicking.

[...]

'This is the exact scenario that police and the District Attorney's Office was (and still are) trying to prevent in the recent Laird case,' Lt. Reid told the newspaper.

'The Alethia House, while well-intentioned, does not have control of its patients, who use their sympathy and lack of control to simply walk away when they get the slightest urge to use drugs.

'In this case, West, who was nine months pregnant, was released from jail to go to the Alethia House where she promptly left and took a large blast of heroin.

'Less than 12 hours after she admitted that she snorted heroin, she delivers a dead baby that she said she felt kicking just earlier that day. A dead, viable, 7-pound baby. I am absolutely sickened and heartbroken over this. '

A trial date for West has not been set.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-heroin-day-delivering-stillbirth-jailed.html

Laird case as quoted above:

A young mother who has previously been indicted after her first daughter was born addicted to heroin has been jailed on new child endangerment charges until her second baby is born.

Alexandra Nicole Laird, 21, from Pleasant Grove, Alabama, has been jailed without bond until her baby is born in about 20 weeks.

Police asked the judge to step in and deny bond because they are worried about the danger Laird could cause to her unborn child, according to Alabama.com.

'I'm doing my damndest (sic) to try to prevent any further damage to this child, since it's obvious the mother doesn't seem to care,' Pleasant Grove police Lt. Danny Reid told the newspaper.

The 21-year-old mother was sent to jail at the Bessemer Cutoff on September 8, having failed a court-ordered drug test after missing a hearing in late August.
Once she tested positive, Laird admitted to using heroin, 'three times a day', according to Alabama.com.

[...]

Judge Hobdy ruled in favor of Reid's request for no bond to be granted.

[...]

It comes after Laird was indicted in April 2015 following the birth of her first child on March 29, 2015.

Court records at the time showed the young girl was found to have traces of opiates and amphetamines in her system.

Just days after she was born, the girl had to be treated for withdrawals.

After being arrested on May 1, 2015, and charged with chemical endangerment of a child, Laird has remained free on bond.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-woman-admits-heroin-jailed-gives-birth.html

You can't imprison pregnant women to keep the fetus safe. Slippery slope. Even though she sucks ass I don't like this way of thinking.

Fucking useless addict tramp, at least shit has value as fertilizer.
One baby born with opioid and meth withdrawal - Dog only knows what kind of brain damage and learning disabilities it'll have in life - the next victim in her rancid womb OD's from heroin within hours of birth, and she's only facing "child endangerment" charges... WTF?
Give this skag riding cunt a fucking oz of china white and a E. coli infested straw and force her to do it all at once, and just walk away as she convulses.

If a child is given drugs out of the womb - which we've seen several times - and said child dies, the parents are usually charged with manslaughter or murder.

In this case the baby was fully developed, she was nine months pregnant, assuming she didn't do drugs, that baby would've been born alive. That being the case and it was clear the baby was still kicking before she took the drugs, why isn't she being charged with manslaughter at the least?

I get endangerment if the baby was born alive. Unfortunately, that is not what happened. I think endangerment should be off the table at this point.

These bitches are so disgustingly tragic and unfortunately a dime a dozen. Like you are 21 and already pregnant with your second drug addicted baby? Get a grip you worthless bitch and a multi pack condoms.
No one has time for these broken babies y'all are irresponsibly pushing out into the world simply becoz you can fuck like the adult you supposedly are but can't think like one.

Obviously we don't know exactly what's in any bag of heroin, but when giving sedatives and narcotics to pregnant women (assuming they're approved meds) the main risk is that if the woman delivers before the drug has been cleared from her system, there's a risk of respiratory depression in the newborn. i can't imagine that heroin alone, in its pure form, would cause a fetal demise. Unless a medical examiner could identify a causative substance, then I would imagine a good lawyer could argue reasonable doubt.

Unfortunately for her, this is the deep south and finding 12 reasonable people can be awfully difficult.

I didn't read the article , but what often happens down there when a child is born addicted, is that the woman is bullied to move the case to Drug Court, where she signs away many of her constitutional rights, and sentenced to a program that can be virtually impossible to ever complete without a violation .

Basically another way of fucking over the poor, impovished females.

Unfortunately for her, this is the deep south and finding 12 reasonable people can be awfully difficult.
I didn't read the article , but what often happens down there when a child is born addicted, is that the woman is bullied to move the case to Drug Court, where she signs away many of her constitutional rights, and sentenced to a program that can be virtually impossible to ever complete without a violation .
Basically another way of fucking over the poor, impovished females.

It's a drug addicted piece of shit, one who is putting the lives of others at risk(if not in the womb, then in early life after giving birth to em cuz none of these drugged out sluts can raise a kid), who gives a shit? Such a person SHOULD lose rights, right to their kid, potentially rights to their freedom depending on the drug charge that can be thrown on em.

Fucking over poor females? They're doing that pretty damn well on their own by engaging in dangerous behavior in the first place, and they're doing it even moreso if that drugged out baby is a girl.

It's a drug addicted piece of shit, one who is putting the lives of others at risk(if not in the womb, then in early life after giving birth to em cuz none of these drugged out sluts can raise a kid), who gives a shit? Such a person SHOULD lose rights, right to their kid, potentially rights to their freedom depending on the drug charge that can be thrown on em.

Fucking over poor females? They're doing that pretty damn well on their own by engaging in dangerous behavior in the first place, and they're doing it even moreso if that drugged out baby is a girl.

I'm not familiar ith this website , but 1 second of Googling returned a bunch illustrations of what's wrong with drug courts.

https://www.google.com/amp/reason.c...ay-goodbye-to/amp?client=ms-android-sprint-us

Read the seventh, eighth and ninth paragraph and you'll see what I'm talking about .

Also, outside of Fantasyland, here in the real world, we don't just throw away people's constitutional rights; it's what separates us from the uncivilized world.

Last edited:
Dime a dozen is right.. all day everyday. Sickening. Smoke weed, leave the hard shit alone. Heroin has got to be the most unattractive drug ever, nodding out and drooling is what these people live for.

I'm not familiar ith this website , but 1 second of Googling returned a bunch illustrations of what's wrong with drug courts.

https://www.google.com/amp/reason.c...ay-goodbye-to/amp?client=ms-android-sprint-us

Read the seventh, eighth and ninth paragraph and you'll see what I'm talking about .

Also, outside of Fantasyland, here in the real world, we don't just throw away people's constitutional rights; it's what separates us from the uncivilized world.

If someone poses a threat/risk to the child in their care, there's certain rights that SHOULD be thrown away. The fact that we do that is what separates us from the uncivilized world.

I have no sympathy for a parent who is involved with drug usage(outside of responsible alcohol/marijuana consumption of course) and faces the wrath of the judicial system as a result. Drug addicts don't deserve their children.

Discussions about unfair/excessive sentencing is different and i'd likely side with you on many gripes relating specifically to that. But still, there's more important things to give a shit about.

Last edited:
A heroin addict has given birth after being held in hospital on court orders since September - because her first baby was born hooked on drugs.

Alexandra Laird, 21, delivered her second baby on Tuesday at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital.

She was being held at the hospital by doctors in an attempt to protect her unborn child after being arrested in April last year.

At her trial in September, the court heard how the 21-year-old - who was pregnant again - was using heroin up to three times a day.

Laird had been arrested for failing to face child endangerment charges over her first child born in March 2015.

Tests on the newborn found traces of opiates and amphetamines in her system. The baby girl then suffered from withdrawal days later.

Pleasant Grove police Lt. Danny Reid argued against bond being granted, a request Jefferson County Circuit Judge David Hobdy granted and then ordered the mom to be held.

The request was made because police feared the damage Laird would do to her child if she was allowed free on bond, and could have continued to abuse heroin.

However, doctors at the hospital - led by Dr. Peter Lane, medical director of the Addiction Recovery Program at UAB - decided to keep her there instead of sending her to jail.

Now Laird's lawyer Thomas J. Huseman has filed a request to have bond granted for his client, Alabama.com reports.

In the filing, Huseman has detailed how the 21-year-old mother will continue detox treatment under the care of Dr. Lane.
LINK

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/i..._in_troubl.html#incart_most-read_news_article
A young Pleasant Grove mother and heroin addict who has been at the center of debate over the care and punishment of pregnant addicts is in trouble again after authorities say she left treatment and then smuggled drugs to other patients at UAB Hospital.

One of the recipients of those drugs, authorities said, overdosed but survived. A Jefferson County judge has now revoked 22-year-old Alexandra Laird's bond on a previous chemical endangerment of a child charge, court records show, but she remains at large.

Laird was indicted in 2016 after her newborn baby girl was born addicted to heroin in 2015. Pregnant for a second time, Laird was arrested again last year after authorities say she admitted to using heroin three times a day during the most recent pregnancy. That baby was born in January of this year, and Laird was indicted again last month in connection with that case.
[....]
Last year, a Jefferson County Judge ordered her held in jail until her baby was born but UAB Hospital decided to keep her in the hospital for the duration of her pregnancy rather than send her back to jail.

Addiction experts argued that Laird couldn't get the care that she and the then-unborn child needed, and said that few, if any, pregnant addicts left rehabilitation once they were admitted and received treatment. Dr. Peter Lane, medical director of the Addiction Recovery Program at UAB, at that time outlined his post-partum plan for Laird. He said she would be detoxified from the Subutex, and once that process is complete, she will move to the Fellowship House and continue in the Partial Hospitalization Program at Addiction Recovery Program for two additional weeks. Once she is discharged from the Addiction Recovery Program, the Fellowship House will become her primary treatment program and the provider for her care and substance abuse issue.
[....]
A Jefferson County grand jury on April 15, 2016 indicted Laird on the first chemical endangerment of a child charge. She was initially arrested May 1, 2015 and had remained free on bond since then. Laird on March 29, 2015 gave birth to a baby girl at UAB Medical West, court records show. Routine newborn testing performed on the day the baby was born turned up positive for opiates and amphetamines, both controlled substances. The baby on April 6, 2015 was transferred to Princeton Baptist Medical Center where she received treatment for the withdrawals and spent one month in the Intensive Care Unit.

In that case, Reid said, Laird later admitted to detectives that she used heroin one to two times a week for at least five months of her pregnancy. Because of the severity of the baby's illness, Reid sought, and received, an enhanced charge of chemical endangerment of a child against Laird, which is a Class B felony. Laird does not have custody of her daughter.

In late August 2016, Laird was arrested again for failure to appear in court. A condition of her previous child endangerment charge required her to not commit any other crimes while out on bond, which Pleasant Grove police Reid said she did when she failed to show up for a court hearing. She then went before a judge who revoked her bond and administered a court-ordered drug test, which was positive.

She was remanded to jail in the Bessemer Cutoff on Sept. 8. It was then she admitted to using heroin three times a day, Reid said, and admitted to being pregnant which authorities confirmed with a pregnancy test. Reid went before Jefferson County Circuit Judge David Hobdy and argued for no bond, claiming that the unborn baby's life is in danger of continued heroin exposure.
[....]
Court records show Laird's bond was reinstated on March 13. According to authorities, Laird left the Fellowship House treatment center sometime in April. She was admitted back to UAB Hospital for undisclosed reasons, and brought drugs into the hospital which she gave to other patients. The type of drugs and the number of patients who received them wasn't released, however authorities say one of those patients overdosed but survived.

Laird had been doing well in rehabilitation, authorities say, and her Facebook posts indicate she was working at a fast-food restaurant.
[....]
Laird's oldest child is living with her father and doing well. It wasn't clear who has custody of the baby born in January.

It's also not clear whether Laird is facing any additional criminal charges in connection with the UAB Hospital incident. Efforts to reach her attorney, Thomas Huseman, weren't immediately successful. A UAB spokesman said federal privacy laws prevent officials there from discussing a patient's care.

Asked for comment Tuesday on the latest development, Reid said, "Law enforcement is often seen as just the bad guy that doesn't understand heroin addiction. Unfortunately, we understand it all too well as we are the ones on the front lines with this epidemic every day trying to clean up the wake of destruction it leaves,'' he said. "Alex Laird has twice harmed children by repeatedly taking that poison while pregnant. We fought to protect the unborn, but hospitals fought the criminal justice system holding her out of jail, basically saying they know better."

"Advocates argued that treatment was all she needed and jail is the complete wrong thing for her, so she got months and years of treatment,'' Reid said. "Well, Laird has played them and the system for years. Unfortunately there are a lot of Lairds out there."

She's fucking pregnant again!?!

Offer her no jail time in exchange for tying her tubes.

You can't imprison pregnant women to keep the fetus safe. Slippery slope. Even though she sucks ass I don't like this way of thinking.
You do realize we the tax payers will have to pay to provide the care this child needs. Do you think this sewer rat will provide emotional and financial care for that child. I don't care if she goes to jail or hell because she sure does not care about stealing my money to support her and her damaged offspring.

You do realize we the tax payers will have to pay to provide the care this child needs. Do you think this sewer rat will provide emotional and financial care for that child. I don't care if she goes to jail or hell because she sure does not care about stealing my money to support her and her damaged offspring.

It sets a precedent that women are just walking uteruses, held hostage to their miracle of procreation. I couldn't give two fucks about this chick at all. I care about the big picture of women's reproductive rights.

It sets a precedent that women are just walking uteruses, held hostage to their miracle of procreation. I couldn't give two fucks about this chick at all. I care about the big picture of women's reproductive rights.
At the expense of tax payers I guess. Do you feel that men should not be incarcerated for non payment of child support because that just makes them walking sperm.

At the expense of tax payers I guess. Do you feel that men should not be incarcerated for non payment of child support because that just makes them walking sperm.

That analogy doesn't work. I do not want the government telling any woman what they can do with their uterus. It essentially makes women second class citizens, beholden to the fetus inside them. That's a scary thought.

Men cum and then that's it for the next nine months. So I don't see how jailing any man for non payment of child support is the same as jailing a woman just to get her child to term. One is a choice, i.e. not paying support: the other is requiring a woman to be a living, breathing incubator.

Your point is invalid.
What if the man did not want said child? I guess you are saying women are dumb little children that cannot be held accountable for their actions. I did not state that she could not have aborted the child, What I said was why is she not incarcerated for her behaviors but a man should be incarcerated for his. Please make sure to ask the government to take more of your money to get this woman into rehab so she can relapse and damage more children.
[doublepost=1494631250,1494631031][/doublepost]
That analogy doesn't work. I do not want the government telling any woman what they can do with their uterus. It essentially makes women second class citizens, beholden to the fetus inside them. That's a scary thought.

Men cum and then that's it for the next nine months. So I don't see how jailing any man for non payment of child support is the same as jailing a woman just to get her child to term. One is a choice, i.e. not paying support: the other is requiring a woman to be a living, breathing incubator.
Have you informed the government that you are willing to pay more in taxes so that this woman can continue to damage children. By not using birth control she has made herself a walking incubator, which I had nothing to do with. So again, a man becomes a wallet and a support system for a woman who chooses to have a child he does not want. Explain how that is fair?

It takes two people to make a baby. Two people to engage in sexual intercourse. That's generally how that happens. Once the man sticks his penis in the woman's vagina, he now has made the choice to potentially father a child.

It really doesn't matter if he wants it or not. If he doesn't want children, he should wrap his dick up, make sure the woman is on the pill, or get snipped. If not for the man and his sperm, a baby can not be conceived. Once he shoots his load, it's game over.

The woman has the choice now. She has to carry it for nine months. She decided what she wants to happen to her body. The man really doesn't get that choice. There's nothing else physically he can do. Pump and walk. So the kid is left without support.

It's reckless for both parties absolutely. But it's how it works. No penis, no sperm, no baby. He planted that seed. He should be responsible for what he created.

If she is on drugs, then yeah, I would rather her get clean and the help she needs than to give birth to a sick child. I have no problem with this. The penis certainly isn't going to help in your scenario. As he doesn't want it. Believe it or not women can *gasp* be rehabilitated. It happens. Seriously. I know right?! Shocker.

I don't think saying making a man pay child support is wrong because he didn't want the baby. He should've thought of that before he stuck his dick in her. I mean it's 6th grade health class. Sperm+egg= human life. It shouldn't be all on her, just because she chose to keep the baby. Which by the way can be several reasons why she may have made that decision. And since he engaged in the act that he knew damn well could produce said baby, then yes, he needs to pay for it. Actions and consequences. It's kind of how the world works.

I don't need to inform the government I'll pay more in taxes. Taking care of the country and the people within is the reason for taxes. All tax money goes in a pool and is then allocated as the government sees fit.

All the rest @thatsmallgrl covered it pretty well, so no need for me to repeat.

I'm with you Nell but this but this woman has also made herself a walking uterus. A drug addicted walking uterus.

I'm all for offering her cash for getting her tubes tied, and a state funded abortion of this one. She has to be in her first trimester since she just had a baby in January. But not jailing a pregnant woman just to get her to term.

I don't need to inform the government I'll pay more in taxes. Taking care of the country and the people within is the reason for taxes. All tax money goes in a pool and is then allocated as the government sees fit.

All the rest @thatsmallgrl covered it pretty well, so no need for me to repeat.
I am so glad you support damaged babies being brought into the world and do not want to hold irresponsible woman accountable for their actions. Guess what a baby is created by a woman deciding to open her legs just as much as a man having sex with her. Iverall the welfare state should be abolished so greedy and irresponsible woman will have to take responsibility for their choices.

For the record, women can go to jail for not paying child support, too. And I hate that we send anyone to jail for that, because then they just serve a little time and owe nothing. So yeah, the analogy doesn't work. Also, fetuses can die from withdrawal. If she had been getting drugs in jail (easy) that could have also killed the baby.

For the record, women can go to jail for not paying child support, too. And I hate that we send anyone to jail for that, because then they just serve a little time and owe nothing. So yeah, the analogy doesn't work. Also, fetuses can die from withdrawal. If she had been getting drugs in jail (easy) that could have also killed the baby.
Glad to know innocent babies mean less to you than a drug addicted waste of human life. Woman rarely go to prison for non payment of child support and have no shame in applying for welfare and showing how truly worthless and selfish they are. There is practically no reason at this point in time to get pregnant or get someone pregnant so I have little sympathy for anyone when they have an unwanted pregnancy. My point has always been as a tax payer I do not want to continue to pay for this woman and her damaged children. Honestly if she over dosed I would not care.

Have you informed the government that you are willing to pay more in taxes so that this woman can continue to damage children.

I am confused why you are bringing up government assistance and taxes. Do you feel she should be jailed for harming her baby? Or because had the baby survived she may have received assistance. Would it have made a difference if she was wealthy?

Latest posts

Back