• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-41179132
[....]
Staff at the DIY store in Essex helped the casualty, who was taken to hospital with minor injuries.

"The explosion happened after a build-up of gases from an air freshener was accidentally ignited by a cigarette," Essex Fire and Rescue Service said.

A man who was nearby, said he heard a "very loud bang" as the "doors, windscreen and roof... were blown out".
_97692741_car2.jpg

[....]
The explosion happened at about 12:15 BST and all three emergency services attended.

"One patient... is believed to have minor injuries," an East of England Ambulance Service spokeswoman said.

The ambulance service was unable to confirm whether the injured person was male or female.

The car "suffered significant damage", the fire service said, however, the "cause of the explosion has been confirmed as accidental".

They better be thanking whatever god they pray to that they survived that, it looks scary from here.

I also read somewhere that they're telling people not to leave those clear bottles of water in cars. Apparently, it can act as a magnifying glass and start a fire in your car. :eek:

I hate aur fresheners, cologne, perfume, body spray and scented hair spray.

I wish they would all blow up.

Scented candles too.

I'm highly allergic. Not just sneezing and a runny nose. Go to the ER fighting to breathe and instant migraines.

I get that cigarettes are offensive and cancer causing. What about air fresheners and perfume and those fucking candles in the mall sending me into respiratory distress?

Back