• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A father and stepmother were arrested early Wednesday on suspicion of child abuse after a 3-year-old boy suffered suspicious injuries that left him clinging to life, Sacramento authorities said.
Adrian Ramon Mcrath, 19, and Dayshawna N. Lawrence, 22, were booked into jail.

Meanwhile, Jeremiah Mcrath remained in critical condition at UC Davis Medical Center. The boy's biological mother said her son has suffered brain swelling and she may face difficult medical decisions in the coming days.

The 70-pound boy received head injuries and bruising to his body. A family member said the child had been spanked after wetting his pants.

Adrian Mcrath is facing felony charges of endangering the life or health of a child, corporal punishment and violation of probation. His bail was set at $500,000.

Lawrence is facing felony charges of endangering the life or health of a child, corporal punishment and domestic violence. She was also sought on warrants. Her bail was set at $511,782.

Paramedics were initially called to a home in the 2700 block of 32nd Street on Tuesday night after the boy was found unconscious.

"In the next 72 hours, if the swelling doesn't go down, that I have to make a choice," biological mother Kandi Dupree said early Wednesday. "Because if he lives through it, he won't be the happy-going baby he was. I'll have to feed him through a tube and he will have oxygen through a tube. And he just ... won't be the same."

Based on a preliminary investigation, detectives determined that that the child was physically disciplined Tuesday by both the father and stepmother. Later in the day, the father left the house. In the evening, the child went to the bathroom and the stepmother heard a noise. The stepmother went to go check on the child and found him unconscious.

The child was carried over to a neighbor's apartment, where 911 was called. The boy was taken to the hospital. When doctors saw the injuries, they called police.
http://www.kcra.com/news/22928826/detail.html
b9hstz.jpg[CENTER]
Adrian Ramon Mcrath, 19, and Dayshawna N. Lawrence, 22, are accused of child abuse​
[/CENTER]

No matter how many of these awful stories I read, they still make me want to cry. Babies cry, fuss, and need a TON of attention, toddlers and preschoolers are often just as demanding but still need a lot of help. They all make messes as they ARE STILL LEARNING. Patience is a must when one becomes a parent. If you can't deal w/ it, go get yourself sterilized. No baby asks to be brought into this world, just to be loved. Far too many of them never know what that simple word means....:dong::dong:

Somebody should smack those two assholes upside their heads until they need to be put on life support. They make me sick.

"In the next 72 hours, if the swelling doesn't go down, that I have to make a choice," biological mother Kandi Dupree said early Wednesday. "Because if he lives through it, he won't be the happy-going baby he was. I'll have to feed him through a tube and he will have oxygen through a tube. And he just ... won't be the same."

This comment from the mom bothers me a little too...almost like she's saying that even if the little guy were to live through this ordeal, if he isn't the same as he was before, that she would pull the plug basically. Maybe I'm reading it wrong though.

Last edited:
you know I almost want to say to young to have kids and they couldnt handle the pressure.
The crying (non stop),stress etc,etc
But I cant b/c I had Heaven at 17 ,Casey at 19
I have NEVER HIT THEM
They will tell everyone that asks,NEVER
They are still alive not on machines to breathe so that doesnt fly
Many I know had babies way to young but I havent seen theirs beaten and abused

The child wets his pants, so they 'spank' him about the head. Hard enough to make his brain swell. Where did they read about that method? 'How to cure your childs potty-accidents permanently in just 10 hard punches!'?

Fucking cretins.

22929363.jpg

Not a great pictue but this is little Jeremiah Mcrath. Hope you heal little one. You did not deserve this.

Dayshawna Nichole Lawrence said she kept screaming the little boy's name as she was on the phone with 911 dispatchers, pleading with them to send an ambulance.

Lawrence said in a tearful jailhouse interview Wednesday that she found Jeremiah McRath, her 3-year-old stepson, lying unconscious on the bathroom floor of their Oak Park apartment Tuesday evening.

His eyes were open, she said. She scooped up his limp body and jumped into the shower, hoping the cold water would revive him. She said he grabbed her shirt as she tapped on his cheeks, calling out his name.

"I thought if he heard a voice he would stay with me," Lawrence said.
[...]

The boy's maternal grandmother, Malvola Dupree, 48, said doctors told the family her grandson is brain-dead.

"My daughter is debating whether to pull the plug," Dupree said.
[...]

McRath and Lawrence denied the allegations in separate jailhouse interviews with The Bee.

"I discipline my child, but I don't abuse my child,"
McRath said. He also defended Lawrence.

"My wife doesn't even like to discipline the child," he said. "They are making it seem like we are animals."

"I love Jeremiah like I pushed him out of my own body," Lawrence said. "It hurts me because everybody thinks it's my fault, but I would never, ever dream of hurting Jeremiah in any way."

Lawrence said she organized Jeremiah's second birthday celebration and Jeremiah is "the perfect big brother" to her 5-month-old son.

Lawrence said Jeremiah was disciplined when he urinated around the house because he has been potty-trained.

"He got a whupping on his butt from dad," she said. "But it was nothing extreme."

Earlier Tuesday, Lawrence made an alphabet chart for Jeremiah to help him learn his letters, she said. Sometime later, she was resting on the couch with her 5-month-old son when Jeremiah started to whine, Lawrence said. She sent him to stand in a corner as a form of discipline. He asked to go to the bathroom and she said yes.

Moments later, she said she heard a noise from the bathroom. The noise sounded like the toilet seat, which was broken, shifting as someone sat on it. When she checked less than a minute later, he was unconscious, she said.
[...]
Dupree said she first noticed bruises on her grandson from his lower back to his knee in September.

She also said Jeremiah had told her, "I don't like 'Baby' (his nickname for Lawrence). She hits me all the time.' "

Dupree said she told her daughter, Kandi, to keep Jeremiah away from Lawrence. Kandi Dupree has full custody of her son and started allowing her son to visit his father and stepmother again only recently, Malvola Dupree said.

"He wanted to see his daddy," Malvola Dupree said.

Three weeks ago, Malvola Dupree said, she noticed bruises on Jeremiah's arm. She said she blames Lawrence and doesn't think McRath would hurt his own son.

"If his son needed something, he would go get it for him," Malvola Dupree said.
[...]
http://www.sacbee.com/2010/03/25/2631924/boy-3-clings-to-life-in-sacramento.html

2zqvuas.jpg

Lawrence said Jeremiah was disciplined when he urinated around the house because he has been potty-trained.

Please bear w/ me as I'm new to this and haven't figured out how to "quote" yet. This statement bothers me on several levels. He makes it sound like the boy peed all over like a dog being house trained would. And even IF that were the case, did it ever occur to anyone that he has regressed or starting having accidents again BECAUSE he was being abused?!

Ill never understand how people can be so cruel.
And they can sit there and blame each other in jail(they arent right now but give them a day especially after he is unhooked)
That baby didnt beat himself upside the head until he passed out
The truth will all come out,it usually does
Just sad a autopsy has to give the truth

Huh... I just cannot imagine smacking around a 3 year old for wetting his pants. Of COURSE he knows better, but it was an accident!
Mother night, i hope these two burn in hell.

52924497-25095925.jpeg

Three-year-old Jeremiah McRath was pronounced dead at 1:20 this morning from severe injuries to his head.

The toddler was taken to UC Davis hospital Tuesday evening where he was placed on life-support after reports of the toddler falling in the bathroom.

The toddler's injuries became suspicious to Police and they later learned that the child's Step-mother and Father had badly beat him.

Step-mother, 22-year-old Dayshawna Lawrence and Father, 19-year-old Adrian McRath were quickly taken into custody and the toddler was placed in protective custody.

The parents are now facing child abuse and possible murder charges. They are both due to appear in court Friday afternoon.

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-news-toddlerdies,0,6589605.story

Last edited:
So many kids on here are beated to death for potty training. I don't understand how beating a kid teaches them not to pee in their pants. When we pt'd my daughter, we did not make a big deal out of it and it went fairly quickly. She decided she liked the big girl panties and really tried to be done with training pants. Never once did we raise a hand to her for having an "accident".

In my mind, potty "accidents" happen when the kid has been in undies for a while, but maybe forgets to go potty before bed, and wets the bed. When a kid is pt'ing, there is no such thing as "accidents". They are pt'ing. kwim?

Duo Charged With Murder In Boy's Death
SACRAMENTO, Calif. --
The stepmother and father of 3-year-old boy who authorities suspect was the victim of child abuse have been charged with murder in his death.

Jeremiah McRath died at 1:20 a.m. Thursday at UC Davis Medical Center, a hospital spokesman said.

Dayshawna Nichole Lawrence and Adrian Ramon McRath were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of abuse, but in jailhouse interviews they denied any wrongdoing.

Lawrence, the boy's stepmother, and McRath, the father, were charged Friday with one count of murder and one count of assault by means of force to produce great bodily injury, resulting in death.
Lawrence and McRath appeared in court Friday afternoon for arraignment, which was continued to April 8.

There was a slight scuffle as the defendants were led out of the courtroom Friday. McRath tried to say something to Lawrence as a court deputy led her out of a door. Another court deputy told McRath, "I told you to be quiet." McRath kept speaking, and that deputy grabbed McRath, told him to step out of the door and led him away.
http://www.kcra.com/news/22968135/detail.html Lots of videos at link including grandmas

A stepmother accused of playing a role in the death of a 3-year-old boy said she attempted to revive the unconscious child in a shower before taking him to her grandmother's home, according to a newly released Sacramento County Child Protective Services document.

The report states the grandmother called 911 seeking help for Jeremiah McRath.
[...]

According to the report, the stepmother said knowing that the boy didn't like water on his face, and in an effort to wake him up, she went into the shower with him and the 5-month-old.

At that point, the report said, Lawrence took the boy to the grandmother's home and texted Adrian McRath.

The report said someone asked Lawrence if the child was a "rough and tumble kid," and she said she had loads of laundry in a hallway and that the boy had tripped over them and fell.

However, according to the report, her explanation seemed inconsistent with the injuries seen on Jeremiah McRath, and that an emergency room doctor determined that the child's bruises were "old injuries."

Sacramento's chief probation officer, Don Meyer, says budget cuts eliminated the probation officers who would have been monitoring the boy's father and his home and perhaps would have spotted signs of trouble.

County officials said 19-year old Adrian McRath was a high-risk offender on unsupervised probation.

"Clearly this is a person where we would have wanted to be in the home and see him and we would have seen family members, we would have done searches. We would have drug tested -- all the things probation officers do, plus get them into an effective treatment program," Meyer said.

Meyer said there are now 5,000 high-risk adult offenders in Sacramento who are no longer being supervised.

"Certainly being there and talking to people and looking around, we may have developed some information because we make frequent CPS, Child Protective Services reports, based upon our visits. And there have been a number of children removed from the homes because … that's our business," Meyer said.
http://www.kcra.com/mostpopular/23040264/detail.html

22929363.jpg

Not a great pictue but this is little Jeremiah Mcrath. Hope you heal little one. You did not deserve this.

This was taken on his 3rd birthday. It was a tradition my sister started for him. They would take a picture together, he would take one alone, and then he would take one with all his cousins. I miss him so much. One day I'll share his 1st and 2nd birthday pictures.

3 years old and 70 lbs? I hope that is a typo.

No, this wasn't a typo. My nephew was 11 lbs and 12 oz when he was born. Oh, and 24 inches straight out the womb. As you can see in the picture they posted with the white gate in the background, he wasn't a fat child. He was just big for his age. When he past away, he was 3 1/2 feet tall. We needed a 4 foot coffin for him.

Somebody should smack those two assholes upside their heads until they need to be put on life support. They make me sick.

This comment from the mom bothers me a little too...almost like she's saying that even if the little guy were to live through this ordeal, if he isn't the same as he was before, that she would pull the plug basically. Maybe I'm reading it wrong though.

I understand you being bothered by my sister's statement. The thing was that my nephew had only attempted to take 6 breaths after he was taken to the hospital. The next day there was no activity of any kind. NONE. Then we waited 18 hours for them to test him again. They tested him in a way that is disturbing to me, but I'll share it. First, they shined light into his eyes and got no response. Then they pressed along his eyebrows, where the skull ends for the eyes. Followed by rubbing his eyes with a cotton swab. Then they pushed a 6 inch cotton swab up his nose and down his throat. Finally, they forced ice cold water in his ears. NOTHING made Jerejo respond. He was 100% brain dead and his organs only moved because of the machines. As difficult as it was to witness that, it was hard for my sister Kandi to give the consent to pull the plug. For God's sake he was 3 and her only child. He died on my son's 11th birthday and even though my son is 16 now, we still have some hardship celebrating. I'm sorry I'm getting emotional. My purpose for joining is to share what happened with hopes of finding some healing. I have to take a break.

Please bear w/ me as I'm new to this and haven't figured out how to "quote" yet. This statement bothers me on several levels. He makes it sound like the boy peed all over like a dog being house trained would. And even IF that were the case, did it ever occur to anyone that he has regressed or starting having accidents again BECAUSE he was being abused?!

Your comment is actually true. After the autopsy we found out that Jerejo's brain had been bleeding for up to 48 hours before he "passed out in the bathroom" quote-unquote. Which could have been the reason why he had an accident. He had actually been potty trained for almost a year before this incident. He had only been with them for about that amount of time. So I can only assume that there is more to the story.

Mommy deserves revenge... I hope she gets it. That precious baby deserved a better parent.

In the end all my sister wanted was to know why and she wanted her son back. Two things to this day she never got. But she did stay strong and did what I asked her to do. That was to make sure that his female wouldn't be able to have a helping hand in raising her own son. From the beginning for Adrian and that female's relationship, she had a problem with him having a child with my sister. Mostly, because my sister is white and black. Which explains Jerejo's light skin. When she had gotten pregnant she was this big hype about being the one who was going to his Adrian's daughter and such. Well in the end, God made it so that she had a boy who was born either the day before or the day after Jerejo's birthday. That didn't sit right with her. Though I find it very pleasing to me. Either way, my sister stayed strong enough to fight for 25 to life. That female's son was 5 months when she killed his brother. He will be at lease 22 years old when she goes up for parole. A son for a son, I feel justice favored us. Neither Adrian or her have any right to their son and he was adopted right away by a respectable hard working family. I feel my nephew saved his brother's life, because if she can do that to Jerejo who doesn't live with her, she can do that to her own son who wouldn't be able to get away from her.

Greetings to you all and thank you for taking the time to share my nephew's, Jerejo, story. I wanted to first reply to your comments before going over what happened.

I'm the oldest of 4 children and Kandi is #3. Being the oldest, I had my children first. On my birthday in 2006, Kandi found out and told me that she was pregnant. Jeremiah was #5 of 7 grandchildren at the time, but he was the 2nd grandson born after my son. This made him very special to me. In fact Adrian and I named Jerejo. Adrian would come up with his first name and I would give him his middle name. I love this story. So Kandi called me and told me that Adrian found a name he liked and their son was to be named Jeremiah. Now it was my turn to get a name that would sound good with Jeremiah McRath. I got on my knees and prayed to God about my nephew and when I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was my bible. I took it as a sign for where I would get his name. So I opened it and the first named I touched was Josiah. I called Kandi and told her and she told me that was the same way Adrian found the name Jeremiah. I was blown back by that. But here is where it becomes official that my nephew will be named Jeremiah Josiah McRath. I went back to the bible to read the chapter and find out more about Josiah. Well Josiah was a righteous king that followed the word of the prophet Jeremiah. God is the GREATEST.

Adrian didn't want his son named after him because he is named after his father, who killed his uncle early 2005. Then three weeks later Adrian's mom past away from a heart attack. Adrian was only 15 when this happen. Adrian's parents was married but split up when he was about 2 because of abuse from the and when he was about 8 years old he was placed in foster care and had not seen his mother until 2 weeks before she past. When he found out that his father was looking for his mother after he killed his brother, Adrian ran away from the group home to find his mother first. He wanted to protect her. I only know so much because his mother was brought into our family, through marriage of my grandmother's sister, when she was a child.

I know that knowing this about him doesn't make this event right and I'm NOT trying to get people to feel sorry for Adrian or nothing like that. It doesn't change that he married that female or that he too whipped my nephew. It does show a pattern of a certain life style. In fact Adrian's wife was a ward of the court as well. Sometimes two broken people can't support each other enough to heal.

Moving forward, Jeremiah was born a whooping 11 lbs, 12 oz and 24 in. Sadly, his parents went their own ways after her turned one and entered that female. In September 2009, Jerejo did have some bruises on his bum. This confirms some of my mother’s comment about that. I told my sister either she handles it or I will. My way leaves her with visitations. She stopped Jerejo from going to his father's house. That lasted for six months. Sadly, Kandi and I had a fall out over a different situation and I didn't see her or Jerejo for about four months. When I did, it was about six weeks before his death. He told me he was at his dad's and that raised a very serious conversation between Kandi and me. She told me that Adrian agreed to NEVER leave Jerejo alone with that female, and Jerejo had been asking for his dad, she was raised with her father and couldn't see keeping Jerejo away from Adrian after the agreement. I understood her choice even if I didn't like it. Plus there wasn't anything I could, because after all Jerejo wasn't my child and Kandi hadn't done anything to her son for him not to be with her.

March 10th was the last time I had seen my nephew. I had dropped him and my sister off to a birthday party. As big as he was, I would pick him up. Throw him up in the air and catch him, hug and kiss so much. He was like my own son and I’m so sad that he is gone.

The night of March 20th, Kandi had a dream where Jeremiah told her to give her life to God. So the next morning she went to church with her boyfriend and joined their church. In fact they had decided to get married too. That following Tuesday, I got a phone call around sunset saying Jerejo was in the hospital unconscious. My children and I went up to the hospital and was first stopped by Adrian. He explained to me what happen from what he knew.

See Adrian didn’t leave Jerejo with that female. He actually left him with the next door neighbor to go to a candlelight visual for a friend of his that was hit and killed by a car two days before. The neighbor was Adrian’s step-grandmother. That female took my nephew from her, beat him and then brought him back unconscious and needing help.

I knew, once I saw the police following her every move, that she was a suspect and something wasn’t right. Trust me, my family wanted their justice right there in that waiting room and they was asking for it. I wanted it just as much, but it wouldn’t do any good for us to be locked up right next to her. Kandi finally arrived and I can’t even explain the sound of her heart broking when she saw her son. I can’t share the condition he was in, it was a lot to take in. Even now, tears are my only expression.

In the end she took the deal of 25 to life. On March 18th, 2011 Adrian and that female was sentenced. She wouldn’t even look at us as she sat there crying like we wronged her. My sister told her she forgave her, but she will never forget. I showed them a picture of that my siblings and I took with Adrian, his mom and his sister when her was 2 years. I shared the story of how his mom and I used to talking about Kandi and Adrian growing up and what their children would look like. See Jeremiah wasn’t a summer fling baby, he was thought about before his parents even understood life themselves. Jerejo’s D.A, kept the picture to show when that female goes up for parole.

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

JEREMIAH JOSIAH MCRATH
Oct. 5, 2006 – Mar. 25, 2010

Auntie KOKO will ALWAYS luv you, JEREJO

I'm kind of digging how you call her THAT FEMALE. much nicer than what we would call her.

My condolences for your loss.

Greetings to you all and thank you for taking the time to share my nephew's, Jerejo, story. I wanted to first reply to your comments before going over what happened.

I'm the oldest of 4 children and Kandi is #3. Being the oldest, I had my children first. On my birthday in 2006, Kandi found out and told me that she was pregnant. Jeremiah was #5 of 7 grandchildren at the time, but he was the 2nd grandson born after my son. This made him very special to me. In fact Adrian and I named Jerejo. Adrian would come up with his first name and I would give him his middle name. I love this story. So Kandi called me and told me that Adrian found a name he liked and their son was to be named Jeremiah. Now it was my turn to get a name that would sound good with Jeremiah McRath. I got on my knees and prayed to God about my nephew and when I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was my bible. I took it as a sign for where I would get his name. So I opened it and the first named I touched was Josiah. I called Kandi and told her and she told me that was the same way Adrian found the name Jeremiah. I was blown back by that. But here is where it becomes official that my nephew will be named Jeremiah Josiah McRath. I went back to the bible to read the chapter and find out more about Josiah. Well Josiah was a righteous king that followed the word of the prophet Jeremiah. God is the GREATEST.

Adrian didn't want his son named after him because he is named after his father, who killed his uncle early 2005. Then three weeks later Adrian's mom past away from a heart attack. Adrian was only 15 when this happen. Adrian's parents was married but split up when he was about 2 because of abuse from the and when he was about 8 years old he was placed in foster care and had not seen his mother until 2 weeks before she past. When he found out that his father was looking for his mother after he killed his brother, Adrian ran away from the group home to find his mother first. He wanted to protect her. I only know so much because his mother was brought into our family, through marriage of my grandmother's sister, when she was a child.

I know that knowing this about him doesn't make this event right and I'm NOT trying to get people to feel sorry for Adrian or nothing like that. It doesn't change that he married that female or that he too whipped my nephew. It does show a pattern of a certain life style. In fact Adrian's wife was a ward of the court as well. Sometimes two broken people can't support each other enough to heal.

Moving forward, Jeremiah was born a whooping 11 lbs, 12 oz and 24 in. Sadly, his parents went their own ways after her turned one and entered that female. In September 2009, Jerejo did have some bruises on his bum. This confirms some of my mother’s comment about that. I told my sister either she handles it or I will. My way leaves her with visitations. She stopped Jerejo from going to his father's house. That lasted for six months. Sadly, Kandi and I had a fall out over a different situation and I didn't see her or Jerejo for about four months. When I did, it was about six weeks before his death. He told me he was at his dad's and that raised a very serious conversation between Kandi and me. She told me that Adrian agreed to NEVER leave Jerejo alone with that female, and Jerejo had been asking for his dad, she was raised with her father and couldn't see keeping Jerejo away from Adrian after the agreement. I understood her choice even if I didn't like it. Plus there wasn't anything I could, because after all Jerejo wasn't my child and Kandi hadn't done anything to her son for him not to be with her.

March 10th was the last time I had seen my nephew. I had dropped him and my sister off to a birthday party. As big as he was, I would pick him up. Throw him up in the air and catch him, hug and kiss so much. He was like my own son and I’m so sad that he is gone.

The night of March 20th, Kandi had a dream where Jeremiah told her to give her life to God. So the next morning she went to church with her boyfriend and joined their church. In fact they had decided to get married too. That following Tuesday, I got a phone call around sunset saying Jerejo was in the hospital unconscious. My children and I went up to the hospital and was first stopped by Adrian. He explained to me what happen from what he knew.

See Adrian didn’t leave Jerejo with that female. He actually left him with the next door neighbor to go to a candlelight visual for a friend of his that was hit and killed by a car two days before. The neighbor was Adrian’s step-grandmother. That female took my nephew from her, beat him and then brought him back unconscious and needing help.

I knew, once I saw the police following her every move, that she was a suspect and something wasn’t right. Trust me, my family wanted their justice right there in that waiting room and they was asking for it. I wanted it just as much, but it wouldn’t do any good for us to be locked up right next to her. Kandi finally arrived and I can’t even explain the sound of her heart broking when she saw her son. I can’t share the condition he was in, it was a lot to take in. Even now, tears are my only expression.

In the end she took the deal of 25 to life. On March 18th, 2011 Adrian and that female was sentenced. She wouldn’t even look at us as she sat there crying like we wronged her. My sister told her she forgave her, but she will never forget. I showed them a picture of that my siblings and I took with Adrian, his mom and his sister when her was 2 years. I shared the story of how his mom and I used to talking about Kandi and Adrian growing up and what their children would look like. See Jeremiah wasn’t a summer fling baby, he was thought about before his parents even understood life themselves. Jerejo’s D.A, kept the picture to show when that female goes up for parole.

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

JEREMIAH JOSIAH MCRATH
Oct. 5, 2006 – Mar. 25, 2010

Auntie KOKO will ALWAYS luv you, JEREJO

This whole story just breaks my heart. I have kids and i wouldn't know WHAT to do if this happened to either one of them. I'm sorry for your loss. And I'm glad your family got justice.

Back