• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A veterinary technician who saved a baby squirrel's life after he had been left to die in a cardboard box celebrated his survival with an adorable newborn photo shoot.

Polly Weldon has been volunteering at the Merrill Animal Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, for ten years and seen her fair share of injured creates - but she was shocked when the squirrel was brought into the center, freezing cold, barely breathing, and on the brink of death.

The animal lover quick sprang to action, enlisting the help of a veterinarian to help the squirrel, who she named Cardboard, after the box he was brought in.

After a heroic effort by Polly and the vet, the little squirrel was out of the woods and once again able to breathe properly.

After a long road to recovery, Cardboard eventually overcame his awful ailments with the help of Polly - who was so ecstatic, she set up a heartwarming newborn photo shoot celebrating the squirrel's life.

Styled just like the cutesie images newborn babies are so often pictured in, the shoot shows Cardboard lying down on a pale pink sheet wearing a tiny blue polka dot ribbon headband with a little flower on top.

'I was so thankful that the little guy survived his rough start, I thought it would be cute to do a newborn photo shoot for him,' Polly shared.

'There is a heating pad under his blanket in the picture, so he was sleeping very soundly and didn't even wake when I put the ribbon over his head.'

As for how Cardboard is currently doing, Polly shared that he has since opened his eyes and 'is discovering so many great things about life. His favorite thing is a warm towel fresh out of the dryer.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ates-baby-squirrels-survival-photo-shoot.html
492CFB0600000578-5392383-image-a-37_1518641019680.jpg

492CFA7800000578-5392383-image-m-58_1518641467168.jpg

Back