• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
Prosecutors are reviewing a warrant request for a Deerfield Township couple accused of mentally and emotionally abusing their 16-year-old adopted son who created a family for himself using stuffed animals.
“I just live my life in the basement,” the teen told a worker with the Michigan Department of Human Services’ Child Protective Services, according to court documents filed in the Livingston County juvenile court.
According to court documents, protective services investigated allegations in May 2010 that the teen, then only 12, was “being isolated,” which included being forced to eat different meals than the family and being allowed to only “sit in corner of one room of the main home.”

The following year, protective services noted allegations included the mother “slapped” her adopted son’s legs while he napped and that she struck him with a hanger, which broke, court documents noted. The couple’s then 14-year-old biological daughter told protective services that her adopted brother ruins the “silence and peace within the family” and that he ruined his relationship with the family when he killed the family’s cat, court documents stated.
In February, protective services again investigated allegations that the teen, now 16, was locked in his bedroom and rarely had interaction with the family. Protective services noted the boy’s meals were left on the top stair and he was forced to eat alone in his bedroom as well as forced to urinate and defecate in a camper toilet placed in his living area, court documents alleged.
http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/03/isolated-teen/24336203/

I understand being upset about the cat , but get the kid some help don't do this .

...and that he ruined his relationship with the family when he killed the family’s cat, court documents stated.

This pisses me off. You HAVE to be prepared for issues when you foster or adopt. These kids are not coming from ideal circumstances. You can't expect these kids to walk in and slip seamlessly into the family unit. They require extra effort and understanding.

This pisses me off. You HAVE to be prepared for issues when you foster or adopt. These kids are not coming from ideal circumstances. You can't expect these kids to walk in and slip seamlessly into the family unit. They require extra effort and understanding.
All of this!

People adopt, and then when the child isn't their idea of a cereal commercial mini me they want to give them back, or abuse them. And really.

If you give birth and your child isn't exactly what you pictured, shoving them back in isn't an option. How do people go into adoption thinking there's a return policy?

From the original link:
The protective services worker noted that the mother “was not loving” toward her adopted son, who had no toys or decorations in his bedroom, the court records stated.

[..]

Protective services also noted that the matriarch, who had expressed a desire two years earlier to dissolve the adoption, admitted that the family kept the door between the main living area and the basement locked. The family matriarch told protective services her adopted son can access the basement through an entry door, but he could not access the main living area until someone from the family gave him access, according to court documents

[..]

The protective services worker also noted that the teen’s bedroom had a twin bed, but no sheets, blankets or pillows despite the basement being “colder than the rest of the house.”
[..]

The patriarch told protective services that his adopted son lashes out at people and steals things throughout the house, court records show.

Protective services workers noted that the teen indicated his adopted mother “tried to give him” to another woman, but that woman was too poor and could not take him. He also told protective services that his brother punched him in the gut and his sister held a shotgun to his face while yelling at him to leave the home, according to court documents.

“I just want a loving family” who “will hug and kiss me,” the teen said according to court documents.

I'm not even sure I believe the cat story. Even if it was true, how can they expect him to act any other way when they treat him like this? His sister sounds like she has way more problems than he does. It's one thing to kill an animal, completely different thing to shove a gun in someone's face.

I wonder why after all the reports to protective services and the mother asking for the adoption to be dissolved, they left him there.

This is a VERY sore subject for me as some of you probably have heard me talking about my two adopted children. Yes, all kids regardless if they are adopted or biological can drive any of us nuts but to isolate them for an extended time IS NOT THE ANSWER! In fact his story seems to copy a lot of serial killer's stories of how their parents/guardians treated them. He had to invent a family of stuffed animals for God's sake. Yes he might have killed a cat but that's an obvious sign that something is wrong with him. This family doesn't need to have this child in their lives if they are not able to deal with him any better than this. In fact he might have killed the cat as a result of something they had already been doing him. I am very proud of this 16 year old not breaking out of his confined space and not beating the entire family to death with a sledge hammer or something because I am certain I would have been tempted to do so!!! I think this kid might be the sane one of the group and the rest of them are crazy.

Last edited:
The patriarch told protective services that his adopted son lashes out at people and steals things throughout the house
Well duh. He's in a fucking cell, with less decoration than most inmates' cells, wtf do you think he might do in that case?

He was probably "stealing" things like blankets, pillows and food too.

I come here for smartasserie and tend to avoid the "heavy stuff" but as a dad this breaks my heart. I have a young biological son and an adopted daughter who is now all grown up now with a baby of her own.

Things weren't always easy or perfect when we were raising her but we came through a lot together and are a solid family. This was only possible because my wife and I showed her unconditional love. None of us are perfect but love isn't something you feel, it's something you wake up every morning and decide to do.

I sincerely hope this young man finds a real family. It is never too late for that.

I hate these fuckers. He can come live with me and my family, have a messy room filled with video games, stuffed animals and posters. I will feed him food he likes, and probably hug and kiss him until he says "mom, stop, your embarrassing me". I will go to his school functions etc etc. what absolute monsters. Poor kid

“I just want a loving family” who “will hug and kiss me,” the teen said according to court documents.

Just goes to show that any of the acting out he did was for attention, they just needed to teach him the correct ways to go about getting attention. Locking him in the basement was just them being too lazy to deal with the 'problem'.

completely different thing to shove a gun in someone's face.

Cuz we have her side of the story and everything

The kid prob is a total damage case, prob scared the younger girl, she took actions to defend herself. Good for her.

THey should have rewarded him for killing the cat, vile creatures.

Cuz we have her side of the story and everything

The kid prob is a total damage case, prob scared the younger girl, she took actions to defend herself. Good for her.

THey should have rewarded him for killing the cat, vile creatures.
Right, because why believe anything from someone who was found neglected and abused? Instead we should believe the family who is having warrants reviewed so they can be charged. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure why you assume the daughter is younger, she's a year older than him. She's not some hapless victim. Her dislike of him was officially noted in 2011, the shotgun incident came later.

Hmmm. This situation is definitely fucked up, but I am really curious about how exactly he killed the cat...

Right, because why believe anything from someone who was found neglected and abused? Instead we should believe the family who is having warrants reviewed so they can be charged. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure why you assume the daughter is younger, she's a year older than him. She's not some hapless victim. Her dislike of him was officially noted in 2011, the shotgun incident came later.

Misread the age thing.

I never said not to believe the kid, did i? I merely said we don't have the whole story and don't know what led to the sister pointing a shotgun at him. To blindly assume everyone, including the siblings, are total trash is incredibly sortsighted

Misread the age thing.

I never said not to believe the kid, did i? I merely said we don't have the whole story and don't know what led to the sister pointing a shotgun at him. To blindly assume everyone, including the siblings, are total trash is incredibly sortsighted

But it's not shortsighted to blindly assume the adopted kid is "a total damage case" who "probably scared the girl"?

Not sure why your sweeping assumptions are presumed to be so much more valid. All people are able to do here is speculate based on very limited data. None of us know ANY of the involved parties.

But it's not shortsighted to blindly assume the adopted kid is "a total damage case" who "probably scared the girl"?

I didn't blindly assume that. Story says he killed a cat.

Def possible the siblings are scumbags too and are lying or have simply been manipulated by the parents into believing he was at any point a disruptive, cat killing force in the home. However i'm leaning the other way, at least to a more gray area where the kid likely did have some issues himself.

All people are able to do here is speculate based on very limited data. None of us know ANY of the involved parties.

Right and all i've seen in this topic is this blind overwhelming support for this kid and even disparagement of this sister without any backing or legit cause. If anything my assumptions, if that's what you'd like to call them, are more modest and grounded, rather than "Sweeping" as you describe(which is far more apt for nearly every other post/speculation in this thread).

I didn't blindly assume that. Story says he killed a cat.

Def possible the siblings are scumbags too and are lying or have simply been manipulated by the parents into believing he was at any point a disruptive, cat killing force in the home. However i'm leaning the other way, at least to a more gray area where the kid likely did have some issues himself.

Right and all i've seen in this topic is this blind overwhelming support for this kid and even disparagement of this sister without any backing or legit cause. If anything my assumptions, if that's what you'd like to call them, are more modest and grounded, rather than "Sweeping" as you describe(which is far more apt for nearly every other post/speculation in this thread).

Part of the known facts of the case come from the adoptive mother (and I use that term very loosely for this bitch), not just from the teen. In her own statements she admitted that A) she wanted to dissolve the adoption years ago (which makes the teen's assertion that she tried to give him away seem much more feasible) and B) that he was able to enter the basement but NOT into the family part of the home unless someone unlocked the door and let him inside.

The father (again used loosely) admitted that the teen was kept locked in the basement and used a camp toilet in his room. Which supports the child's assertions that he was kept locked up and isolated from the remainder of his family.

This is just what was ADMITTED by the family. But surely they were 100% truthful and these are the only shitty things they did to this kid, ever. Because that's how life is.

Child protective services noted that the kid ate alone in his room, which was colder than the rest of the home, and barren- no decorations, no personal effects, no sheets or bedding even.

But yeah, people are all blindly supporting this kid with no backing or legit cause. Not taking into account the FOUR different statements that all make this adoptive family seem like fucking assholes.

Last edited:
Part of the known facts of the case come from the adoptive mother (and I use that term very loosely for this bitch), not just from the teen. In her own statements she admitted that A) she wanted to dissolve the adoption years ago (which makes the teen's assertion that she tried to give him away seem much more feasible) and B) that he was able to enter the basement but NOT into the family part of the home unless someone unlocked the door and let him inside.
The father (again used loosely) admitted that the teen was kept locked in the basement and used a camp toilet in his room. Which supports the child's assertions that he was kept locked up and isolated from the remainder of his family.

Them being lying scumbags was always perfectly apparent. Thanks for the rehash though i guess.

But surely they were 100% truthful and these are the only shitty things they did to this kid, ever. Because that's how life is.

When did i say anything to suggest this kid wasn't horrifically abused and mistreated and that what we see in the article likely isn't all he suffered through? You're spouting off shit that was never a part of any point i was making in any of my comments.

But yeah, people are all blindly supporting this kid with no backing or legit cause. Not taking into account the FOUR different statements that all make this adoptive family seem like fucking assholes.

I very clearly had directed my comments towards the siblings, and whether you like it or not there are lingering questions that beg to be answered there. It does a disservice to all the kids involved not to take interest in how wrapped up into the abuse they were, how big of a part had the parents led them to play. They might be victims too here. Does a disservice to the victim not to look into his issues, especially ones he might have had even prior to the abuse.

2ytoef8.jpg

5vzk04.jpg

The Livingston County prosecutor's office filed a felony complaint against a Deerfield Township couple accused of mentally and emotionally abusing their 16-year-old adopted son who created a family for himself using stuffed animals.

Livingston County District Court records show that a warrant has been authorized for Eric Corcoran and Angela "Angie" Corcoran for second-degree child abuse for alleged emotional and mental abuse against their former adopted son.

Prosecutor William Vailliencourt declined today to comment, citing the ongoing criminal case.

Court documents filed in juvenile court allege the couple, both 43, isolated the teen in the basement of the family's Bennett Lake Road home.

"I just live my life in the basement," the teen told a worker with the Michigan Department of Human Services' Child Protective Services, according to court documents.

Christopher Nalley, who has been court-appointed to represent the 16-year-old, declined to comment about the nature of the case. However, he said he "supports" DHS' decision to remove the teen from the family home. The teen is in foster care.

http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/16/abuse-charge/24850725/

"16-year-old adopted son who created a family for himself using stuffed animals."
I swer , I just heard my heart
Fuckin shatter !!! :pout:

A Livingston County jury has convicted a Deerfield Township couple of child abuse for isolating their adopted son in the family’s basement.

Eric Corcoran and his wife Angela Corcoran were each convicted as charged of second-degree child abuse. They face up to 10 years in prison each when they are sentenced July 28.

“I am very pleased with the guilty verdicts handed down by the jury" Monday, Prosecutor William Vailliencourt said. “The acts that these two defendants committed against this child were both cruel and outrageous.

“This was clearly child abuse and I'm grateful that the jury sent a message that such behavior towards children will not be tolerated,” he added.

Messages to defense attorneys were not immediately returned Tuesday.

During the four-day trial, the Corcoran couple’s adopted son, Justin Corcoran, testified that he wanted a “family,” but instead he was isolated in the basement of the family’s Bennett Lake Road home between the ages of 13 and 16 because he made “lots of noise” while playing with toys in the early morning and his eating habits were “repulsive.” During testimony, Justin Corcoran identified himself as having ADHD and borderline personality disorder.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...le-guilty-child-abuse-isolating-son/86475180/

Back