• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
wspb81.jpg

Adam Shigwadja, 18, was arraigned on charges of attempted murder, arson and home invasion Thursday for allegedly attacking Sophia Putney-Wilcox, 17, of Kalamazoo.​
[...]
Michigan teen with a history of violence broke into the home of his ex girlfriend, doused them both in gasoline and set the room on fire in an attempted murder-suicide, according to the
[....]
District Attorney's Office. And it would have worked if not for her fast-acting brother, who fended off the man with a baseball bat.

Adam Shigwadja, 18, armed with a knife, snuck into the home undetected, hid in his ex's room and poured gasoline on her when she entered at 10:15 p.m. Monday,
[...]
"He gave me the scariest face I've ever seen, and I was like, 'Are you planning on killing me?'" 17-year-old victim Sophia Grace Putney-Wilcox
[...]
He said, 'Oh yeah, I already made this decision. I'm killing you.'"

Her brother heard the assault and rushed into the room with a baseball bat, hitting Shigwadja until he jumped out a second-floor window. Shigwadja,
[...]
was caught the next day and denied bond Thursday after being charged with assault with intent to commit murder, home invasion and arson,
[...]
Firefighters put out the fire.

Sophia is still hospitalized recovering from the ordeal — and a nasty blow to the head at the hands of her brother's bat. But the circular scar, from the top of her skull to her right ear, was the price of survival.

"If it wasn't for this scar, I wouldn't be here," Sophia
[...]
from her hospital bed.
[...]
senior at Kalamazoo Loy Norrix High School, began dating Shigwadja when she was a freshman in a relationship that lasted 17 months. She said she broke it off when he cheated on her.

The family sought an order of protection against Shigwadja after a February 2013 incident when he broke into their home and put a knife to the girl's throat. Shigwadja was freed on $10,000 bond, but the judge denied the protection order.

Now Shigwadja is in jail again
[..]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/michigan-teen-burn-alive-da-article-1.1945154
ne9c84.jpg

Sophia Putney-Wilcox is recovering from injuries suffered when, according to police, her ex-boyfriend, Adam Shigwadja, broke into her home, assaulted her and set her room on fire Monday night.​

Knife to her throat & the judge denied a protective order?!
WTF I thought protective orders were pretty easy to come by- just a matter of one person saying that they feel threatened by another-- knife to her throat def seems like a threat---and it was!!!

What a repulsive piece of shit. What the fuck is wrong with him? Was the word no never used in his house? I have to wonder in a case like this coz he's 18 so I would think his parents are somewhere. I wonder what the fuck they thinking right now!

Thank God the brother was home...or this would have ended a whole lot differently. She is a beautiful girl. What an awful experience of domestic violence for this young girl to suffer through. I hope she heals completely inside and out. I hope she uses her experiences to make a difference in some way.

I hope he is given the max on all charges.
People like this won't give up until the target is dead, so the longer he can stay in prison, the safer she'll be.

Beautiful girl with a heart of steel. I'm glad she wasn't burned. No one deserves that shit, except maybe for the asshole ex boyfriend. That brother of hers is a hero, too. :happy:

Knife to her throat & the judge denied a protective order?!
WTF I thought protective orders were pretty easy to come by- just a matter of one person saying that they feel threatened by another-- knife to her throat def seems like a threat---and it was!!!
there has been a major bumper crop of douche judges and decisions lately on a state and federal level and it has cost peoples lives [namely women] they need to be named shamed and then put on a board [there is a website that does this] and petitions made to impeach them and get rid of the rotten eggs and send a message to others that are whoring out their robes

I hope he is given the max on all charges.
People like this won't give up until the target is dead, so the longer he can stay in prison, the safer she'll be.
or someone else that isn't that lucky, even though those stitches in her head she didn't make it out unscathed, she is alive and she can heal

Quite a rash of douchebags trying to solve relationship "issues" with fire all of a sudden. Scares the Hell outta me, fire scares me!

While trying to set someone on fire screamin, "im killing you" is just redundant...I bet she already knew.....(insert imaginary emoticon, cause I cant find one that fits here)

The brother did do a great job in protecting his sister. To bad he could not have done the State a favor of finishing him off though. He will be allowed out at some point and just brought back up on this site again. I just hope he doesn't kill anyone the next time around. Maybe we'll hear about someone killing him making it a "AND THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER" story knowing he will not be able to hurt anyone else again! :pout:

My understanding is that the laws in some states (including mine) are a real joke. They almost literally have to say "I am going to kill you" before it's considered a threat; your feelings don't matter to the court. My mom has a client currently involved in a custody battle with her ex-husband (I know deets because sometimes I do secretarial work for her). The way this guy is acting, it's clear to me that on some level he wants to lose custody so that he has an excuse to kill her and/or their child. But he's never actually given the court solid reason to believe that he is a threat to her life, so they're still allowing him visitation. Even though he's refused to go to a court-ordered custodial evaluation for over a year, tries to get her fired by telling her employers she has an STD, and regularly texts her dozens of abusive messages per day, he's never come out and said that he's going to hurt her, so he's in the clear. :rolleyes:

Although for real, who doesn't think a knife to the throat is worthy of jail time or something? Not that I think it would have protected her, but shiiiiiiiiit.

Such a beautiful and strong girl. I hope that judge who denied the protective order feels horrible.

"Sophia is still hospitalized recovering from the ordeal — and a nasty blow to the head at the hands of her brother's bat."

I really hope those stitches aren't the result of some friendly fire from the brothers bat.

My understanding is that the laws in some states (including mine) are a real joke. They almost literally have to say "I am going to kill you" before it's considered a threat; your feelings don't matter to the court. My mom has a client currently involved in a custody battle with her ex-husband (I know deets because sometimes I do secretarial work for her). The way this guy is acting, it's clear to me that on some level he wants to lose custody so that he has an excuse to kill her and/or their child. But he's never actually given the court solid reason to believe that he is a threat to her life, so they're still allowing him visitation. Even though he's refused to go to a court-ordered custodial evaluation for over a year, tries to get her fired by telling her employers she has an STD, and regularly texts her dozens of abusive messages per day, he's never come out and said that he's going to hurt her, so he's in the clear. :rolleyes:

Although for real, who doesn't think a knife to the throat is worthy of jail time or something? Not that I think it would have protected her, but shiiiiiiiiit.

My ex beat the hell out of me in SC and said “I've gone too far this time. I have to finish it." Luckily I had called my mom before he became physical and was just acting crazy. I was the 3rd woman he has faced criminal charges for, always domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature, but also a stalking charge, and a criminal sexual charge for having sex with one of the victims after he beat her. He is currently incarcerated in Texas for beating another woman and the most he's ever served is two years even with the assault and battery with intent to kill charge from me. He will be featured on DD one day for murder. It is not taken seriously at all.

What a repulsive piece of shit. What the fuck is wrong with him? Was the word no never used in his house? I have to wonder in a case like this coz he's 18 so I would think his parents are somewhere. I wonder what the fuck they thinking right now!
Moms thinking *Damn, I should have swallowed.*
Dads thinking *Damn, I should have pulled out.*

"Sophia is still hospitalized recovering from the ordeal — and a nasty blow to the head at the hands of her brother's bat."

I really hope those stitches aren't the result of some friendly fire from the brothers bat.

That's exactly what I've been trying to figure out :wideyed:
Even if it was from some friendly fire (good way to put it @Anubis ) I'm so glad her brother was there, or we would have been hearing about this poor beautiful girl being burnt alive...people are so awful these days. Just fucking awful. This shitwad should be charged with attempted murder in the first degree. Or maybe someone put him in solitary and somehow forget there's a human occupying that space like that poor dude who was "forgotten" in solitary for all those years. Only this guy would deserve it. Anyhow, I agree with the comments stated before me, she is absolutely gorgeous, with the scar or without. That scar will represent life. Still, this is terrible for her to have had to endure and shame, shame on these idiotic judges who ignore one too many cries for help until it's usually too late. Glad someone was watching over this beautiful girl.

Unless the ex bf wrestled the bat from the bro at some point, this was indeed some friendly head battin. Nice aim bro, you fucking dipshit.

Anyways, this judge is a piece of shit. Do we have the judges name? I don't see why this type of stuff isn't made public immediately. If i was that family i'd have called every news outlet in town and told them about the story and about how this idiot judge wouldn't grant the order. Provide full name and address of the dipshit, see how they like handling harrassment.

or someone else that isn't that lucky, even though those stitches in her head she didn't make it out unscathed, she is alive and she can heal
Your PsychoKitty is scaring my Kliban Cat. We'll be rolling on now... EEK!:wideyed: Don't look back! Skate! Skate!

Back