• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
'You Have Five Seconds And Then...I'm Going To Kill You'​
MURDER ON THE LINE? TRANSCRIPT OF VOICEMAIL
10zp739.jpg
Jason Bohn​
Man's voice (believed to be Jason Bohn):
'Why did you call 508, why did you call that number?'

The question is asked around 20 times.

Woman's voice (believed to be Danielle Thomas): 'I don't know... Jason, I love you.'

She repeats the words around 12 times.

Man: 'You have five seconds and then...and then I'm going to kill you.

'I'm going to let you up and then you need to answer quickly or else you die...Danielle, why did you call that number?...Danielle you are so stupid. You think I'm going to stop, I won't stop.'

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A brutal murder caught on voicemail will be a key piece of evidence in an upcoming trial in Queens.

The accidental pocket dial that went to a friend’s voicemail documents the last moments of 27-year-old Danielle Thomas’ life, which ended exactly one year ago Wednesday.

Thomas’ body was found by police in a bathtub full of ice. The Weight Watchers executive was beaten and strangled in her Astoria apartment, officials determined.

Her boyfriend Jason Bohn, 34, an Ivy League-educated lawyer, turned himself in after days on the run.

The phone call had been sealed, but CBS 2′s Amy Dardashtian reported exclusively Wednesday on the content of that phone message.

The voices on the message are those of the accused killer and the victim begging for her life.

According to the transcript obtained by CBS 2, Bohn is allegedly strangling Thomas as he asks her why she called an out-of-town phone number.

“Why did you call 508, why did you call that number?â€￾ he asked her nearly 20 times.

Prosecutors said Bohn repeatedly would strangle Thomas and then release her to answer his inquiries.

As she gasps for air, Thomas denies calling the number, according to the transcript.

She replied “I don’t knowâ€￾ and said “Jason, I love youâ€￾ a dozen times.

Bohn replies “You have five seconds and then…and then I’m going to kill you.â€￾

The accused killer then gives his victim instructions, telling her “I’m going to let you up and then you need to answer quickly or else you die…Danielle, why did you call that number?…Danielle you are so stupid. You think I’m going to stop, I won’t stop.â€￾

Prosecutors said Bohn enjoyed torturing Thomas as he killed her, which is why he has been charged with first-degree murder.

But in a past interview, Bohn’s attorney said his client was experiencing extreme emotional distress dating back to his abuse-ridden childhood, a finding that could land him 25 years in prison instead of life, Dardashtian reported.

“I do think that Mr. Bohn’s mental capacity will become an issue in this case,â€￾ attorney Todd Greenberg has said.

But prosecutors said records at the 114th Precinct document Bohn’s history of domestic abuse and show he intended to kill Thomas.

Neighbors said they frequently heard her screams.

“She’s screaming, she’s calling for help. ‘He’s killing me, somebody help,’â€￾ a woman told Dardashtian at the time.

At the precinct, officers overheard Bohn tell Thomas he would “hunt her down like a dog in the streets.â€￾

Bohn is due back in court July 29
[,,,,]
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/06...murder-of-queens-woman/?hpt=ju_bn4&hpt=ju_bn4

Murder of female executive, 27, 'accidentally caught on voicemail' as Ivy League lawyer boyfriend set to stand trial for her murder

•Jason Bohn, 34, charged with first-degree murder of Danielle Thomas

•A man can be heard on the call saying: 'I'm going to let you up and then you need to answer quickly or else you die'
•She was found in bathtub of ice in their New York apartment last June

An Ivy League lawyer accused of strangling his Weight Watchers executive girlfriend has allegedly been caught on voicemail forcing her to plead for her life.

Jason Bohn, 34, has been charged with murder over the beating and strangling of 27-year-old Danielle Thomas in their Astoria, New York apartment just over a year ago.

The pocket-dial to a friend's voicemail on June 24, 2012 appears to capture the tragic last moments of Miss Thomas's life.

The tape, exclusively obtained by CBS, will be central for the prosecution during Bohn's first-degree murder trial which is due to begin on July 29. He faces life in prison.
On the chilling recording, a man believed to be Bohn relentlessly questions why Miss Thomas made a phone call to a number with a 508 area code.

Bohn then strangles the 27-year-old before letting go as she pleads with him and tries to answer his questions, CBS was told by prosecutors.

She struggles to breath as she answers over and over: 'I don't know... Jason, I love you.'

He then replies: 'You have five seconds and then...and then I'm going to kill you.

He continues: 'I'm going to let you up and then you need to answer quickly or else you die... Danielle, why did you call that number?
It is unclear whether the voicemail came from the victim or alleged killer's cellphone.
Bohn has been charged with first-degree murder, prosecutors said, because he appeared to draw pleasure from taking his girlfriend's life.

Neighbors called police to check on her after hearing a fight and the woman's dead body was found in a bathtub full of ice.

Bohn had fled the couple's apartment in Queens with his girlfriend's phone which he used to assure her family she was fine.

He sent a text to one of her contacts saying: 'Please trust me,' adding that Thomas was 'fine' and attending the weekend’s gay pride parade in Greenwich Village.

He also used the phone to call a former flame, allegedly confessing to her that he got drunk and slammed Miss Thomas against a wall.
He was eventually tracked down to a restaurant in White Plains five days after the killing and charged with murder - which was later upgraded to first degree - and evidence tampering.

After he was jailed, Bohn dictated to his brother a self-pitying rant to be posted on Facebook blaming his girlfriend for the killing.

He blamed Miss Thomas, stress, alcohol and his own abuse at the hands of his father for the murder - refusing to take responsibility for his murderous actions.
'I suspected she was a cheater,' he wrote.

'At the very least, I gradually confirmed she was a compulsive liar, particularly with regard to relations with the opposite sex, both past and present.

'As a result I grew insecure and abusive. In hines-sight [sic] one of us should've walked away. But, I was already madly in love with her.

'I was also extremely mad (both meanings).'

He described the night he killed her, claiming he got drunk and snapped but 'in all honesty, it was an accident,' he wrote.

'I woke up the next morning in complete shock.

'My knuckles were bruised badly and she was on the floor unconscious,' he added on his Facebook page.

[....]

Police records show that Bohn has a history of abuse and had repeatedly threatened Thomas before her death, saying he would hunt her down 'like a dog in the streets'.

When officers discovered Thomas, they found two handwritten notes in the couple’s apartment, believed to have been written by Bohn.

The first note said: ‘It was an accident…I had been drinking and I was drunk when I got home. She was already asleep. I woke up and there was fighting between us. When I woke up again she was unconscious…I am sorry.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...angled-death-Ivy-League-lawyer-boyfriend.html

2uemu00.jpg
Danielle Thomas​

Poor girl. What a waste this chum bucket is. I hope he gets life in prison. He doesn't deserve the chance to one day walk free.

A New York City prosecutor says a University of Florida law school graduate has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for the torture and death of his girlfriend.
Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown announced the sentencing Tuesday of Jason Bohn. He was convicted of first-degree murder in March.

The trial evidence included a cellphone recording in which Weight Watchers financial analyst Danielle Thomas begged for her life.
[...]
“This is your life” Bohn says to her in the recording, to which she replied: “I know.” Bohn continues to assault her, saying things like: “Danielle, you don’t have a lot of time” and ignoring her as she says, “Jason, I can’t breathe.”
[...]
According to trial testimony, police found two notes at the scene that read, “‘It was an accident . . . I had been drinking and I was drunk when I got home . . . She was already asleep . . . I woke up and there was fighting between us . . . When I woke up again she was unconscious . . . I am sorry.’ The second note read, in substance, ‘Dani, I will love you forever’ and was signed ‘J.’”

It wasn’t the first time that Bohn had abused her, according to testimony. A police sergeant said that in June of 2012 Thomas showed up at the 114th precinct with a black eye and on crutches, and he overheard Bohn say by phone, “This was war, that he would hunt her down like a dog in the streets.”
http://pix11.com/2014/04/15/law-sch...r-torturing-killing-girlfriend/#ixzz2z1IDlf5O

What what in the butt. Sorry goddamn Tosh in my head, but that's my happy song lol. Fucking prick deserves to be choked within an inch of his life, revived and then choked out again. Don't wanna kill him just wanna fuck with him for as long as humanly possible. Like put a leash around his neck and yank him around kinda thing.
Or hang him from the cell bars by a sheet and let the guys hit him around like a pinata a few times before he passes out.

CBS' "48 Hours" this weekend will air parts of a haunting voicemail recorded during the last minutes of a young woman's life as she was murdered, although the victim's mother says she wishes the show wouldn't.[..]

At one point she says, "Jason, I love you," and there are seven seconds of silence — except for a barking dog — possibly the moment she was strangled.

The recording was played during Bohn's trial earlier this year but because the court proceedings weren't televised, it hasn't been heard publicly outside the courtroom.

CBS requested a copy through the Freedom of Information Act because its contents were crucial to the jury's deliberations and were used by both the defense and prosecution, said Susan Zirinsky, senior executive producer of "48 Hours."
We do not use an enormous amount of it, less than some of the people who put the whole text out," Zirinsky said. "Hearing it is pretty chilling."
Janie Thomas Bright, Thomas' mother and a special education teacher in Danville, Kentucky, said she made it a point to leave the courtroom when the recording was being played during the trial. Bright, who was interviewed for the "48 Hours" story, doesn't want to hear it on television, either.

"My mother and I begged them not to use it," Bright said. "But once the trial was complete it was in the public record."

She said CBS has told them at about which points the recording will be used on Saturday's show, and she plans to mute her television when those moments come up.

"I don't think I can bear to hear her voice," she said.

The recording isn't used extensively, but snippets are sprinkled throughout the story.

Bright said she has already heard part of it on a promotion that CBS aired in advance of the show, with Bohn, an Ivy League-educated lawyer, saying, "In five seconds I'm going to let you up, and you need to answer quickly, or else you die."

At another point, he tells his girlfriend: "You're so stupid, you think I'm going to stop. I'm not going to stop."
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-woman-murder-article-1.1785141#ixzz31GtZ6Y3N

did they ever find out who the 508 call was to? Another pretty woman with a loser of a ugly dude.Glad he got life so he can be multiple bubba's mangina.I hope one of his bubba's strangles him

I wish they would respect the family's wishes in cases like this. How horrifying to hear your child's last moments on Earth while being tortured, on a nationally broadcast TV show none the less. Ms. Thomas, RIP.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jason-bohn-reaches-out-to-mother-after-murder/

Jason Bohn and his girlfriend, Danielle Thomas, had plans to meet his mother, Maureen O'Connell, for dinner at Bobby Van's in restaurant in New York City on June 25, 2012 -- the night after Danielle's murder.

But after killing Danielle, Bohn went on the run. He sent an email to his mother apologizing for missing dinner and explaining his absence.

O'Connell urged him to turn himself in and agreed to help him with a lawyer.

I came across this on the Scholastic Books FB page, while looking for coupon codes. I can't believe I didn't read about this sooner! I can't copy the image from the article but if you follow the link it actually shows the email he sent his mom and her response.

I'm sorry, this is just so terrifying to me. This guy sounds a lot like my ex. It is so scary knowing there are crazy fucks like him out there just parading around like normal people when you walk by them on the street, or serve them in a restaurant, or god forbid hire them as a Lawyer. I'm glad they got a recording of his rage. Most people find it hard to believe unless they witness it first hand.

Did 48 Hours or 20/20 or whoever air the tape? It was supposed to be on tv this past Saturday.

I feel extremely bad for the family and whoever received that voicemail. Can you imagine seeing a voicemail from your friend and thinking, "Oh! Danielle called me. Let me see what she has to say," and it's her death? Horrifying.

From 2014:
Jason Bohn Sentenced To Life In Prison Without Parole In Torture Death Of Danielle Thomas

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A Queens man convicted of first-degree murder in the 2012 torture death of his girlfriend has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Jason Bohn, 35, was sentenced Tuesday. He was found guilty March 4 in the strangulation and beating death of Danielle Thomas in June 2012.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/04...t-parole-in-torture-death-of-danielle-thomas/

Did 48 Hours or 20/20 or whoever air the tape? It was supposed to be on tv this past Saturday.
Ok. I'll quote myself to say yes.

Snippets of that voicemail have been aired. It's horrifying as he taunts her with "say 'this' or die!" She begs him and tells him she loves him....

What I heard made me cry.

I'm so sorry for her family. <3

Did anyone ever find out anything about the 508 number?

I was just reading a few articles 508 was an area code, he thought she was cheating on him. This was a fb post from 2012 right after he wrote about her, no remorse at all.

"I suspected she was a cheater. At the very least, I gradually confirmed she was a compulsive liar, particularly with regard to relations with the opposite sex, both past and present. As a result I grew insecure and abusive. The night in question? In all honesty, it was an accident.

"In short, I was heavily intoxicated, under a great deal of stress, and completely blacked out. I woke up the next morning in complete shock. My knuckles were bruised badly and she was on the floor unconscious.

"Thank you for being my friends! Very heartfelt sorry to all of the people I hurt over the years, especially her and her family/friends. God Bless! Please pray for me."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/accused-murderer-talks-about-girlfriends-death-on-facebook/

I was just reading a few articles 508 was an area code, he thought she was cheating on him. This was a fb post from 2012 right after he wrote about her, no remorse at all.

He is only sorry it impacted on his life.

"I thought she was cheating, and whether or not she did, I found out she lied a lot", "it was an accident", "I was insecure and intoxicated, and really shocked when I discovered what had happened" (not "what I did"). He is so close to blaming her for what happened that it isn't even funny.
[doublepost=1459796141,1459795824][/doublepost]"She bruised my knuckles terribly!"

She returned to the dick after the first ass-holery of penis-cranium syndrome. A symptom of personal choice.
She died of low self-esteem. She chose to return and pay the price of personal demons.

For those wondering who the 508 number was, after watching 'inside the mind of a murderer' it seems the number was actually a concerned female friend. The night they went to the bar, the same night she was murdered, after their argument a female colleague of Jason's saw her alone, sobbing at the bar. She asked if she was okay, Danielle then responded by telling her he was abusing her and showed her text messages as proof. The name they gave this lady was 'Suzanne' I believe, though I don't believe that is her real name. 'Suzanne' asked her if she had anyone she could stay with and said she shouldn't return to the apartment. Danielle said she was worried about her dog, so she would return. Because of this, 'Suzanne' gave Danielle her number and urged her to call if she needed anything. Unfortunately, after calling the police and the dispatcher hearing her begging not only for help but for her life, there was a grave error and no police were dispatched to her. Somehow, it is believe it was in fact a 'pocket dial' and Suzanne, the 508 number, was left that awful voicemail. Due to the fact Jason had text her pretending to be Danielle, after Danielle was indeed dead, saying she was okay and such, 'Suzanne' didn't listen to the voicemail for a couple of days.

Such a sad story. I'm glad they do such shows, if it helps one person sitting at home watching who is going through abuse to get out alive - it's worth it. Very sad.

'Suzanne' asked her if she had anyone she could stay with and said she shouldn't return to the apartment. Danielle said she was worried about her dog, so she would return.

Oh man, what a shame. At least there are still good people out there, poor 'Suzanne', she tried.

It wasn’t the first time that Bohn had abused her, according to testimony. A police sergeant said that in June of 2012 Thomas showed up at the 114th precinct with a black eye and on crutches, and he overheard Bohn say by phone, “This was war, that he would hunt her down like a dog in the streets.”

I assume she pressed charges in these prior incidents? Why was he on the streets?

If some impoverished black man beat the shit out of his gf and she went to the police, he'd be charged. Then again, a woman in such a relationship wouldn't ever go to the police, aka "snitch" in their culture, anyways.

Rich white lawyer does it and nothin. Unless of course the victim in the case was a wishy washy dipshit fucktard who didn't truly care about her own life and ended up not cooperating with prosecutors/police. I find it interesting she is described as his gf and not his ex-gf at the time of the murder. Sounds like he woulda killed her regardless of the relationship status, but it also seems she may not have done herself any favors when it come to staying alive.

Back