• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
FINALLY! A hot car story with a happy ending. Had to share guys...

2425sih.jpg

AURORA, Colo. -- A little girl is safe after she was accidentally locked inside a hot car in a parking lot in south Aurora Friday afternoon.

The mother of the child said she turned on her car and then put her child in the back seat before closing the door. That's when all four doors of her car automatically locked, trapping the girl inside.

Aurora Fire crews had to break one of the windows to get inside and unlock the doors. The issue that worried officials the most? The mother had also accidentally turned the heat on in the process, according to officials at the scene.

The girl was eventually pulled out and handed over to the worried mom.

Firefighters are urging parents to never leave kids or pets inside a car -- even if it's just for five minutes.

"Even on a 70 degree day we can see temperatures well over a hundred degrees very quickly so a minute in the car for the kid is too long," said North Metro Firefighter Mike Daugherty. "It seems easy, I'm not going to forget my kid in the car but anybody can do it -- anybody can have a lapse of memory."

Twenty-three kids have already died from vehicular heat stroke so far this year according tokidsandcars.org, a national nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing injury and death to children.

Daugherty said there are easy ways parents can prevent a lapse of memory, and accidentally lock their kids in a car.

"Putting your purse, putting your wallet in the back seat -- it's something that you're always going to want to take with you and it's going to make you look in the back seat again," he said. "Anything else that you can do to help remind yourself."
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-little-girl-trapped-inside-hot-car-in-aurora

"Putting your purse, putting your wallet in the back seat- it's something that you're always going to want to take with you and it's going to make you look in the back seat again," he said. "Anything else that you can do to help remind yourself."

I think this statement is complete bullshit...a purse, a wallet, seriously...you're going to want

remember those things....FUCK OFF. What about the live human being in the back seat.

How about remembering the child you gave birth to in the back of the car.

These incidence of leaving your child in the car is MURDER.

Its not a accident. I just forgot is what you tell your teacher when your homework

isn't finished and a grossly inadequate reply to give the police when they show up to

deal with the dead kid you didn't want anymore.

I had never worried about my car because I had never been able to activate the door lock with the engine on and driver's side door open. It was simply impossible to do. However, a few weeks ago I stopped at the mailbox (boxes located near the mouth of the cul-de-sac) and when I went to get back into the car it was locked. It didn't occur to me that since this is a fire hazard the fire department will come unlock your car. I had walked home and my d-i-l went back to see if she could get into it and my son happened to come home from work and see it. From now on I will leave the window down enough to get my arm in there to open it in case the impossible happens again. :rolleyes:

Back