• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
ve2003.jpg

Police are trying to find out who abandoned a fetus in one of the girls' bathrooms at Woodrow Wilson High School in east Dallas Friday afternoon

The fetus was found in a second floor bathroom that “…could be used by staff members, but it's predominately used by students,”

[...]

Around 2:30 p.m., a school custodian was notified about a possible fetus in one of the bathrooms.

[...]

Campus surveillance cameras may provide some answers.

[...]

The school district sent out an email and will be sending out a letter to parents letting them know what happened.

"We've called in additional counselors to the school,” said Dahlander. “They were on scene here this afternoon and will back on Tuesday to assist any students and staff.”

[...]

Alan Elliott with Baby Moses Dallas says incidents like Friday's are precisely why Baby Moses laws were created -- to make people aware that infants can be dropped off at safe baby sites like fire stations and hospitals without any questions asked.

[...]

"And that's a happy ending when that happens, because the baby is safe, the mother is protected from any sort of prosecution, so it's a win-win for both of them,” said Elliott.

Baby Moses Dallas describes itself as a “non-profit corporation whose purpose is to save babies.”
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26407290/dpd-possible-fetus-found-at-woodrow-wilson-high-school

Ok, so... was this a miscarriage? I'm confused.
If so, then maybe the girl just.... didn't know what to do.

I don't think there was a clear answer on that, valasca. After the initial report, nothing has really been said on the news.

Fetus or baby? Fetus implies that the baby wasn't viable but then they go on to mention the Baby Moses Laws (Safe Haven) which makes it seem like we are talking about a dead baby.

I'm confused...

Fetus or baby? Fetus implies that the baby wasn't viable but then they go on to mention the Baby Moses Laws (Safe Haven) which makes it seem like we are talking about a dead baby.

I'm confused...
Exactly.
Well, we'll have to wait.

I can only imagine what horror she felt if this was a surprise! Poor kid. Anyhow, surprise or not, that's just a terrible thing to go through.

Since it was a miscarriage and not a dead baby in the school bathroom I will say without a doubt, I hope the girl sought medical attention or does and ends up being okay.

Since it was a miscarriage and not a dead baby in the school bathroom I will say without a doubt, I hope the girl sought medical attention or does and ends up being okay.

Even if it wasn't a miscarriage I would wish the same.

If she left a miscarried baby in the toilet, I'm going to assume her parents weren't aware of her pregnancy. She was probably terrified for many reasons.

Me too. but idk....
if she left the fetus in the bathroom then she probably isn't aware of the danger she might be in.
Usually when you have a miscarriage you don't need to go to the doctor unless you're bleeding profusely or you're very far along like over 16 weeks.

If she left a miscarried baby in the toilet, I'm going to assume her parents weren't aware of her pregnancy. She was probably terrified for many reasons.

Well that's depending on how big the baby was, you can tell it's a baby when you're 6 weeks pregnant. She could have not known she was pregnant if she was 6 weeks and suddenly miscarried. That early you feel like really bad period cramps and a heavy period.

You are a better person than I. When I read about females that have left their newborns to die in toilets, trash cans, etc., and then get medical help for themselves only to have their babies found dead later, I seethe at the selfishness of that act. Leaving a baby to die but saving themselves. Nope, there's always a part of me that wishes they would bleed out or something.

It has most likely happened to most of us (women) and we don't even know.

Miscarriage is the most common type of pregnancy loss, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Studies reveal that anywhere from 10-25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies will end in miscarriage. Chemical pregnancies may account for 50-75% of all miscarriages. This occurs when a pregnancy is lost shortly after implantation, resulting in bleeding that occurs around the time of her expected period. The woman may not realize that she conceived when she experiences a chemical pregnancy.

http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/miscarriage.html

My girl child called me into the bathroom while she and the fam. were visting. Said she'd been really crampy, had spotting with lg. clots, but it didn't feel like a normal period. Wanted me to check the size of the clots to see if they were normal. There, in the bowl, was a tiny yolk sac, no bigger around than my pinkie nail. Looked like a little bubble with a tiny, hair-thin string coming off it. It was still in the embryo stage, about 3-4 wks. along.

My girl child called me into the bathroom while she and the fam. were visting. Said she'd been really crampy, had spotting with lg. clots, but it didn't feel like a normal period. Wanted me to check the size of the clots to see if they were normal. There, in the bowl, was a tiny yolk sac, no bigger around than my pinkie nail. Looked like a little bubble with a tiny, hair-thin string coming off it. It was still in the embryo stage, about 3-4 wks. along.
Wow. She's much more open with you than I was with my mum. Of course, mine probably thinks I'm still a virgin.

To this day I am convinced I miscarried an early pregnancy at 16. My periods stopped for a couple months then I had what felt like the worst period pains ever accompanied by huge clots. TMI maybe but a couple of those clots seemed to have form to them. I never told anyone. When I finally got pregnant again at 35, my OB/GYN asked me it I'd ever been pregnant before and when I said no, she asked me again, are you sure? I guess something she saw down there made her think otherwise.

@Azryhael , I'm really grateful they're both open with me (I think the nurse thing helped), but when my daughter called from a local Alt. Music radio station and said on the air, "Hi mom. Tell Afentra & Scoops (the morning drive djs she's friends with) how I called you to see if you knew of a good, cheap motel (boyfriend) and I could go to b/c his truck was too cramped," I just about died. My phone started ringing off the hook, and I thought to myself, "Sometimes this whole being open with your kids thing backfires," lol. TMI! X-P

Last edited:
You are a better person than I. When I read about females that have left their newborns to die in toilets, trash cans, etc., and then get medical help for themselves only to have their babies found dead later, I seethe at the selfishness of that act. Leaving a baby to die but saving themselves. Nope, there's always a part of me that wishes they would bleed out or something.

People come from all different scenes. It's not always as simple as "Selfish female leaves child to DIE, let's hang her!" I like to put myself in other peoples shoes before I come out swinging with the "horrible person" allegations. Teenagers are very much still children, and aren't the best at making tough/right decisions.

If I was a teenager in Texas with some conservative parents and I found out I was pregnant, I'd be terrified.

If a bloody baby carcass just fell from my vagina in a highschool bathroom, I'd be terrified.

If I miscarried a baby in a highschool bathroom while my parents didn't know I was pregnant, I'd be super terrified.

Well that's depending on how big the baby was, you can tell it's a baby when you're 6 weeks pregnant. She could have not known she was pregnant if she was 6 weeks and suddenly miscarried. That early you feel like really bad period cramps and a heavy period.

True, I know a girl who was 5 months and had no idea she was pregnant. I worked with her, and no one suspected anything. She was still small, and according to her she was still having a period. Her baby was born healthy, regardless.

To this day I am convinced I miscarried an early pregnancy at 16. My periods stopped for a couple months then I had what felt like the worst period pains ever accompanied by huge clots. TMI maybe but a couple of those clots seemed to have form to them. I never told anyone. When I finally got pregnant again at 35, my OB/GYN asked me it I'd ever been pregnant before and when I said no, she asked me again, are you sure? I guess something she saw down there made her think otherwise.

Benighted, your gut instinct is most likely correct. I work in women's health intimately and can say the exterior os of the cervix changes in shape after delivery, even a spontaneous abortion. I can assure you the condition of the os was noted in past paps by your OBGYN, it is routine.

I can not express the rage and hearbreak I feel with every story of a neonate "dumped". Especially when I see couples who wait until after college, marriage, establishing careers and trying to do everything they think is right before starting a family loose their 4th attempt at IVF at 16-20 weeks. Hearing a mother WAIL, "I am so sorry I FAILED you" while clutching her 22 week fetus, who she went that day to learn the gender of by U/S but learned her baby had no heart tones. I had to tell her she had a girl as she cried out to know when I delivered her.

I work in a level 1 trauma center and can't count the number of multigravida drug addicts and mothers with no prenatal care who come in repeatedly with fairly uncomplicated, quick deliveries of, considering the circumstances, healthy babies. While I may shake my head and my fist, they at least delivered in the presence of medical staff. They do not flinching when they are told DFCS will be coming (and the baby most likely not going). To abandon a helpless infant to die that you felt your body create, to intentionally KILL it? I can find no pity in my being for a female capable of these acts. That is an evil and selfish person to be capable of such things.

I do realize this female had a spontaneous abortion and do hope she suffered no complications. I am sure she was/is traumitized by the entire event.

... Hearing a mother WAIL, "I am so sorry I FAILED you" while clutching her 22 week fetus, who she went that day to learn the gender of by U/S but learned her baby had no heart tones. I had to tell her she had a girl as she cried out to know when I delivered her...
Until I had a child of my own those words were very bland to me. It is not at all conceivable how completely and utterly crushing this well-recited story is unless you have experienced that kind of love.

I am so leaving work early today. The mascara around the ankles look is no good for me.

Been here myself 5 times. Miracle that I have two very healthy babies, maybe. My last three were with the man I am with now and I wanted those so very bad! The two I have that lived are my little miracles from God and I am thankful I have them. I just wanted one with the love of my life. I have seen him cry four times in the 18 years I have known him, once when his dad died and the other times when I lost our babies. Hard to handle the death of a baby and this 6 foot 4, 230 pound man breaking down. At 43, I chances for getting pregnant naturally are pretty much zero, so no more for me. I feel for this kid and her family.

Been here myself 5 times. Miracle that I have two very healthy babies, maybe. My last three were with the man I am with now and I wanted those so very bad! The two I have that lived are my little miracles from God and I am thankful I have them. I just wanted one with the love of my life. I have seen him cry four times in the 18 years I have known him, once when his dad died and the other times when I lost our babies. Hard to handle the death of a baby and this 6 foot 4, 230 pound man breaking down. At 43, I chances for getting pregnant naturally are pretty much zero, so no more for me. I feel for this kid and her family.
Nah! If that's what you want do it. My mom had her last at 41

Im glad that the announcement of the Baby Moses drop off was made. It helps get the word out. And keeps everyone safe.

But this was a fetus. How was it that a fetus garnered so much attention, and possibly scaring the shit out of the one whose body expelled it?

She didn't flush it? I don't know about you but when I see a toilet that has stuff inside I either don't use it if there's other stalls available, but I turn my head away and do a foot flush and turn my back till it fills back up. Who stares long enough at blood in a commode?

Here in Oregon, littering is a fine that will only set you back over a thousand dollars.
Which is way too lenient in my eyes.
Tack on a 1000 hours of liter patrol to keep the criminals off our road ways is a win, win.
So a good compromise is 500 hours of cleaning public bathrooms as a just punishment, if the child can maintain a high enough grade point average with NO discipline problems. That way she will think twice before leaving a bloody mess!
Not to mention a great teaching example of what happens if we do not flush the fucking toilet!
Oh, she is only half guilty, get the sperm donor in on the action. Hell, drop it to 250 hours each just to be fair!
Do I really need to put the sarcasm tag up? Fuck it if ya can't take a joke!

Last edited:
I am pretty sure if this happened to me I would FREAK OUT. I am not ok with women throwing away their "unwanted babies" but if you are not intentionally trying to kill a baby and freak out and don't know what to do then I guess I understand. As for a miscarriage and not even knowing you are pregnant, no duh would I FREAK OUT.

But yea about the whole not flushing the toilet thing. EWW. I mean come on! People must do that on purpose!

She didn't flush it? I don't know about you but when I see a toilet that has stuff inside I either don't use it if there's other stalls available, but I turn my head away and do a foot flush and turn my back till it fills back up. Who stares long enough at blood in a commode?

It's possible that she tried to flush it, but the fetus was too big to go down into the hole/pipe. The blood and the toilet water would flush down, though.

It's possible that she tried to flush it, but the fetus was too big to go down into the hole/pipe. The blood and the toilet water would flush down, though.

I also think it would have to be on the large size for anybody to notice and identify it as a foetus :(

Latest posts

Back