• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Oh man. I hope he's found soon and is safe, but part of me is absolutely loving this story. He sounds just as spry and ornery/hard-headed as my grandfather was at this age.

Lakeland police are searching for a man who is missing from an assisted living facility.

John Thomas was seen on video surveillance climbing over a 6-foot fence and walking away from the Lakeland Manor Assisted Living Facility on 747 Bon Air Street on Monday.

Police say Thomas is familiar with the Lakeland, Plant City, and Tampa and made statements he planned on returning back to the Tampa. Thomas also has medical ailments and is not in possession of his medication.

Thomas is 5’06” tall and approximately 150 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black shirt, black hat and “Croc” style shoes.

http://wfla.com/2017/12/15/81-year-...ed-from-assisted-living-facility-in-lakeland/

Guess he had a plan. Hope he’s ok though, hate to hear something like this turning out to have a bad ending.

Please don't think I want something awful to happen to this man, but I'm kind of rooting for him. To me, being forced to live in an assisted living facility is like a living death. I would rather die trying to get some place I want to be than be warehoused with the sick, dying or mentally vacant.

Back