• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
gW8q8I0.jpg
SmfcNWM.jpg
Following an eight month investigation into the death of a young boy in March of 2013, Calgary police have arrested and charged the boy’s mother.

44-year-old Tamara Sophia Lovett is facing charges of criminal negligence causing death and failing to provide the necessaries of life in connection to the death of her son, seven-year-old Ryan Lovett.

According to police, Ryan, who lived with his mother in an apartment suite in the 900 block of 17 Ave. S.W., contracted a strep infection in February of this year. Tamara is alleged to have provided her son with holistic remedies instead of seeking medical treatment for the infection.

Detectives believe Ryan was bedridden for 10 days before suffering a seizure. Emergency crews were called to the home on the morning of March 2, 2013 and the boy was transported to hospital by ambulance. Ryan Lockett was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the medical centre.
[...]

According to Donn Lovett, Tamara’s father, the Medical Examiner’s report determined Ryan’s death was caused by Streptococcus Pyogenes, the bacteria which can cause flesh eating disease, and the family was urged to take powerful antibiotics to avoid contracting the infection.
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/tamara-lo...the-death-of-her-seven-year-old-son-1.1557197

The single mother, who lived in a Beltline basement suite, shunned conventional treatment to follow her belief in holistic remedies.

In fact, police say there is no record of the boy ever being taken to the doctor for annual checkups or any treatment.

“We have no medical record of his entire life,” said Cavilla.

But family members say the allegations of criminal negligence may be wrong.

Grandfather Donn Lovett said the picture police were painting of his daughter relying on alternative remedies may not be accurate.

“She devoted her life to that child. Ryan was beautiful, bright, happy and intelligent.

“I had seen Ryan the week before he got sick. I was supposed to pick him up on Monday and she said he had the flu. But then she sent a message he was looking good on Wednesday or Thursday and might be in school the next day.”

Soon, the family was summoned the emergency room for news of the boy’s death.
[...]

Police say the woman’s friends were worried for the ailing child’s health and urged her to take him to the doctor.

“According to people that saw the child prior to the death (he) looked very ill,” said Cavilla.

The boy’s father is estranged and had no contact, police say.

The woman has an older child with another man, but does not have custody.
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...rges+connection+with+death/9201019/story.html

Under the Criminal Code of Canada, it is a legal requirement for a parent or guardian to provide the necessaries of life, which are defined by the courts as food, shelter, care and medical attention necessary to sustain life and protection from harm.

"If you do not provide medical attention to your sick child, you will be held accountable," Staff Sgt. Mike Cavilla said at a press conference Friday afternoon.

However, the accused's father says he doesn't believe she would willingly put her son at risk, and that the family had no idea she was under investigation.

"The fact is she would never do anything to harm him," said Donn Lovett. "She would have considered all of that in what she was doing."

Despite the details released by police, Lovett says his grandson fell ill with flu-like symptoms on a Monday, showed some improvement mid-week and died Saturday morning.

He says his daughter adored her son and the charges came as a shock to the whole family.

"She's having to relive the incident now," Lovett said. "We have been pulling her out of the blackness slowly for months and months and months."

Police allege the victim's mother ignored pleas from friends to seek medical treatment for Ryan.

"There were a number of people that had contact with the child during the period of illness," said Cavilla. "These people did approach the mother and suggested that she do take him to see a medical professional."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...will-be-held-accountable-say-police-1.2437558

F81FxVI.jpg

Her hat is stupid and i hate her face. I wonder if she took the antibiotics the doctors suggested. You know, the ones she wouldn't give her son as he died in pain.

I'm one of THOSE that use holistic methods as as much as possible.
When the kids were vaccinated, they received homeopathic drops to help them metabolize the preservatives.
When asthma is an issue we up the herbs for that...but still have our rescue inhaler just in case.
When antibiotics are prescribed we start acidophilus.

In other words we do accept modern medicine, but we soften the blow or help our bodies heal by supplementing the homeopathic way. It's common sense to do what heals FIRST. If everyone behaves as this woman the natural way of living will be under fire, MORE. No matter what, you just don't "experiment" on your child. Heal first.

Your method requires knowledge and common sense. Too many of the parents in these stories have neither.

the bacteria which can cause flesh eating disease, and the family was urged to take powerful antibiotics to avoid contracting the infection

I may be cruel but there is no way I would offer medicine to the parents to prevent them from getting the infection that they allowed to kill their son. I fact I'd make sure they hugged their son one more time to say goodbye.

This is nothing more than faith healing in other clothing. I try to help these people because I think laughter is the best medicine.

I'm all for folks having their own beliefs etc...But to deny your sick child simple antibiotic therapy to save his life is ridiculous and this mother should face charges. I think the charges are appropriate in this case. JMHO...I'd like to know what the truth was relating to the child being in bed for ten days...then u have grandpa and mom saying he appeared to be getting better and was up and about. This child suffered ALOT! Others obviously recognized this as they recommended he be taken to the doctor or ER. This is such a sad story.

That little boy died in agony with his mothers consent and participation. It was no different if she stabbed him in the neck, and used elmers glue to close it and toilet paper as a bandaid.

So...this is in Canada, correct? She will serve something like six months in a minimum security correctional facility with free cable television and a sushi bar.

So...this is in Canada, correct? She will serve something like six months in a minimum security correctional facility with free cable television and a sushi bar.
She won't even get convicted. Watch.

Which is not to say I don't think she did it and deserves to be shot. But they won't convict her I bet.

She's got the crazy ginger look....I like holistic remedies, by the way, but there's a reason that people used to die from things that it's no longer necessary to die from and that reason is medical science. Even antibiotics were developed from plant based substances, so I do believe there is "good medicine" in natural remedies but Flesh Eating Bacteria? You don't fuck around with that...you go to a fucking doctor, there are some things you can fight with a sword, and some things you just need to napalm the shit out of.

I'm all for avoiding antibiotics when they aren't needed (the less you use them the less resistant your plagues will be) but it was obvious he needed medical attention, and she ignored that. So she deserves to be charged with murder.

And she kinda looks like my whore mother

Since this thread got bumped, figured I'd go ahead and post an update. This article is from 2015 and states her trial is set for November 28 2016, so no verdict yet, but a few additional details about the case...

March 27 2015

A two-week judge and jury trial has been set for late next year for a Calgary mother facing two charges in the death of her seven-year-old son two years ago.

Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Earl Wilson on Friday set the date for the trial for Tamara Lovett, 45, to start on Nov. 28, 2016.

Lovett, who was accompanied by lawyer Alain Hepner, was ordered to stand trial on Jan. 30 following a five-day preliminary hearing at provincial court.

Lovett will face trial on charges of failing to provide the necessities of life and criminal negligence causing the death of Ryan Alexander Lovett. He died in March 2013 after contracting a strep infection that kept him bedridden for 10 days.

An autopsy revealed the boy died as a result of a Group A streptococcus infection.

[...]

Police have said the woman called for help from her suite in the 900 block of 17th Avenue S.W. early on March 2, 2013, fearing the young boy was suffering a seizure. The child was later pronounced dead in hospital.

[...] the mother chose to treat the bacterial infection with homeopathic herbal remedies instead of taking him to a doctor. Police say there is no record of the boy ever being taken to the doctor for annual checkups or any treatment and the decision not to do so likely killed the child.

[...]

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local...ed-holistic-medicine-to-treat-fatally-ill-son

Ever notice the hyper-holistic anti-doctor set always break from their twisted beliefs and call for traditional medicine at the very point a fatal event is guaranteed? Stupid, IGNORANT bitch. I hope she's found guilty and sent to prison so other Daisy sniffers can take note and LEARN. :mad:

From Nov 17, 2017

A Calgary mother convicted in her son's "senseless" death after failing to take the bedridden seven-year-old to a doctor for his treatable strep infection was sentenced to three years in prison Friday.
Tamara Lovett, 48, was found guilty in January of criminal negligence causing the death of her son, Ryan, who died in 2013.

"Our children are vulnerable," said Court of Queen's Bench Justice Kristine Eidsvik. "[Lovett's] actions resulted in the senseless death of an innocent child who needed her protection."
Defence lawyer Alain Hepner had proposed a jail term of one year plus probation, while the Crown argued Lovett should spend four to five years in prison.

"This sentence of three years really pales in comparison to the life sentence she's received already for being responsible for the death of her child," Hepner said.
During sentencing arguments, Lovett spoke through tears about the agony she's suffered since losing her son.

She said she no longer holds the same beliefs and would take her son to a doctor if she could turn back time.

" can't begin to forgive myself," said Lovett. "I hope others learn from my ignorance."

A pre-sentence psychiatric report found Lovett feels helpless, hopeless and struggles with depression.

Eiskvik found Lovett's remorse to be genuine and noted the loss of Ryan was already a "severe punishment"

"Tamara Lovett killed her child, that's a terrible thing for her to live with," said Hak. "I don't know what justice is in a case like that."

Back