• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
*first post (yes I read the rules) hope I am doing this right.

Julia Morris, 73yo of Union, New Jersey has been arrested and charged with the stabbing death of her 80yo husband George Morris.

Details have yet to be released but I will update as soon as they become available.

I am very curious to hear what happened that would have caused a woman to stab to death an 80yo. A violent crime at that age is rare and personally all I could picture is a frail defenseless little old man.
Just a theory, dementia is a tough thing to deal with for family members and maybe he wasn't so pleasantly confused leaving her needing to defend herself.
What are your thoughts?

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2...rt_river_mobileshort#incart_river_mobileshort

Mercy killing.

Here's my thought process to get there: she sees her husband dying from a terminal disease, maybe he's even just in the beginning stages and she can't handle what is to come so she kills him to "end his suffering".

Stabbing seems like one Hell of a way to do it but mercy killing would be my off-the-cuff guess based on the minimal facts we have right now.

To me stabbing is indicative of rage. Perhaps after many many years of taking his shit, she saw a weakness and went for it. Or, he left the toilet seat up again...ya just never know! It could just have easily been a case of dementia induced mistaken identity. Yeah, that last one is giving me the sads...:(

You guys are all so 'glass half full'.. :)

Maybe she was just a mean old bat and wanted to spend his life insurance money with the pool boy on a Florida beach somewhere. :devil:

At 80 and 73, they had probably been together more than 50 years. I'll bet she jus' stood there, looking at him...then she thought, "enough is fuckin' ENOUGH!".

And all y'all know she just hated getting blood all over her floor and ruining the perfectly good chair he was plunked in!

Mercy killing.

Here's my thought process to get there: she sees her husband dying from a terminal disease, maybe he's even just in the beginning stages and she can't handle what is to come so she kills him to "end his suffering".

Stabbing seems like one Hell of a way to do it but mercy killing would be my off-the-cuff guess based on the minimal facts we have right now.

I'm thinking she did it for the insurance money. I mean, with her being his sugar baby and all lol. (i'm kidding)

I took care of a couple at a nursing home before they shared a room, she had alzheimers and we could not give her any knives during mealtimes or any scissors or sharp objects, they searched her room daily because she tried to stab her husband b4. So maybe there was something wrong with her , maybe. oh and that got me thinking not related to this story but I also worked on a lockdown unit with younger patients who had something mentally going on and we had to keep sharp objects from this one male patient who would pull his catheter out and stick pencils in the tip of his DICK and it would bleed, just thought i would share that.

I took care of a couple at a nursing home before they shared a room, she had alzheimers and we could not give her any knives during mealtimes or any scissors or sharp objects, they searched her room daily because she tried to stab her husband b4. So maybe there was something wrong with her , maybe. oh and that got me thinking not related to this story but I also worked on a lockdown unit with younger patients who had something mentally going on and we had to keep sharp objects from this one male patient who would pull his catheter out and stick pencils in the tip of his DICK and it would bleed, just thought i would share that.
Have we worked together before? I have similar stories when I worked in a nursing home including the catheter (I know you said that was a youth facility for that one, I had residents in the nursing home do the same.... Eeeeeew).

maybe he had lewie bodies dementia?
There are many types and I had patients with this particular kind. Most were extremely violent even if they hadn't been in life.
Self defense?

I can't see my self stabbing Chris to death, I really love him still, but I would smother him with a pillow if he was sick and we were old...or I would feed him pills or something. I would if he really wanted me too.

I have knowledge of a boy that has mental health issues that broke a plastic tine off a plastic fork in the tip of his penis and he had to have surgery to have it removed.

My thought is this...the article mentioned the wife had injuries. I wonder if the wounds were self inflicted...if the old man inflicted them or if she sustained the injuries while being all stabby with the old guy. Hope we hear more information.

At 80 and 73, they had probably been together more than 50 years. I'll bet she jus' stood there, looking at him...then she thought, "enough is fuckin' ENOUGH!".

And all y'all know she just hated getting blood all over her floor and ruining the perfectly good chair he was plunked in!

My thoughts exactly. God bless that old byrd.

:sarcasm: ...sort of...:pompous:

Back