• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
What the fuck?!!! I would be FURIOUS if this were my child. This school is out of it's god-damned mind.

A North Carolina woman is outraged after her 5-year-old daughter was suspended from school because of a stick that resembled a gun.

Caitlin Miller was suspended for one day.

It all happened on Friday when her mother got a call from the principal about a playground incident.

Caitlin says she was playing a game with two friends called "king and queen" and says she was pretending to be a guard protecting the royals.

She picked up a stick to imitate shooting an intruder.

"One minute, she's playing with her friends, the next, her teachers are dragging her to the principal's office. She's confused. Nobody explained anything to her," Caitlin's mother Brandy Miller said.

The school district sent home a letter explaining that Caitlin posed a threat to other students when she made a shooting motion. She was suspended for a day. Brandy mother says her daughter was alienated by her friends and teachers as a result and wants an apology.

Apology? Fuck that, she needs a new school.

Poor little girl, yes, she needs a new school and schools need to get a grip, it's a fucking stick, not a gun! If she'd been hitting other kids with it, maybe they've got a case, but just holding it in a threatening manner? Absolutely not!

Caitlin says she was playing a game with two friends called "king and queen" and says she was pretending to be a guard protecting the royals.

I'm guessing there's more to this. Maybe she was holding the stick up to other kids heads, maybe she was told to stop and didn't. Not sure, but this just doesn't seem like the whole story. I know on the playground at my daughters school, the teachers hardly play an active role, but get involved when "drama" of any sort unfolds. Is more a gossip hour than anything.
ETA: A gossip 15 minutes I suppose

I remember at recess, and we used to get two a day, we played cops and robbers/cowboys and indians, nobody ever died, no one was ever traumatized. Kids are not traumatized over this today, it's more the adult reactions that traumatize kids.

As for there being more to it, there may be, but I can believe it happened just as reported. Things are just that ridiculous these days.

A 4 yr old was suspended for a week from pre-school. He brought in a spent .22 casing. Teachers called it a "shotgun bullet" and said the boy " must be punished for showing friends a metal bullet casing and regularly turning toys into imaginary guns." ?
He had been to the shooting range with his grandfather, a police officer.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/23/hunter-crowe-4-suspended-from-preschool-over-spent/

I remember one news item from years ago....A little boy was playing imaginary superhero with a card board box. He put all the evil in the world into a box, then "blew up" the box. He said "kaboom!" and jumped on the box. The school said he was making terroristic threats and suspended him and required him to see a psychologist.

Always keep in mind that the school isn't really allowed to properly defend itself in any situation, and the news story is going to be the product of a defensive child and an angry mother.

These news stories about schoolkids almost never feature the whole, true story.

Always keep in mind that the school isn't really allowed to properly defend itself in any situation, and the news story is going to be the product of a defensive child and an angry mother.

These news stories about schoolkids almost never feature the whole, true story.
The school also doesn't allow any self defense from the student or family which is often why parents go public with the story.

Back