• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
r76vef.jpg

Brayden Turnbill​
The death of a 5-year-old Sun Prairie boy in a suspected case of child abuse has been ruled a homicide.

The Dane County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the child, who died Thursday, as Brayden Turnbill.

Brayden’s death was ruled a homicide after an autopsy Friday.
[...]
Faust said the investigation indicates the community is not in danger, and more information would not be forthcoming from the department.

“The release of further details at this time would compromise this ongoing and important investigation,” Faust said.

He would not say if anyone has been arrested in the case.

“We are just getting started on this, and we want to be very thorough,”
[...]

In an online report Friday,
[...]
said it had been told by a police lieutenant that a person already detained in connection with an unrelated crime was being eyed as a suspect in the abuse investigation.

An ambulance was called to 1948 Barrington Circle in Sun Prairie at about 4:20 p.m. Tuesday. Emergency personnel found the boy with life-threatening injuries, and Sun Prairie Police began a child abuse investigation.

The family who owned the home, Sam and Patricia Garwo, released a statement that said they were unaware of the danger the child was in.

"Just over three and a half weeks ago we opened our home to another family in need," the Garwos
[...]
"At no time did we suspect Brayden or any of our children were in danger. None of our family was home when Brayden was injured and we are fully cooperating with law enforcement. We have three young children who are trying to comprehend what has just happened.

"At this time we would appreciate our privacy and would hope people and the media would allow our family to heal," the statement read.
http://host.madison.com/news/local/...297-57af-9b97-f2b1c28f77b8.html#ixzz2ixiBSc3Y

[...]
The Medical Examiner has ruled the manner of death in this investigation as a homicide.

Turnbill died Thursday at the UW Hospital.

Police are not saying whether they have any suspects or whether they have made any arrests.
[...]
Posted Thursday, October 24, 2013 --- 2:28 p.m.

Sun Prairie Police say they are investigating a child abuse case after a 5-year-old boy suffered significant life-threatening injuries.

Crews responded to a home in the 1900 block of Barrington Circle 4:23 Tuesday afternoon. The boy was taken to the hospital.

Police say the community is not in danger. They do not want to release any other information at this time in an effort to not compromise their investigation.
http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines...n-Sun-Prairie-child-abuse-case-229140331.html

59ziux.jpg

Dakota R. Black​
Family defends man suspected of killing 5-year-old
MADISON, Wis. -
The family of the man accused of killing a 5-year-old in Sun Prairie last month says he couldn't have committed the crime.
A statement from the family said that Dakota Black remains in jail on a probation hold, but they do not believe he killed 5-year-old Brayden Turnbill.
Black, 24, is the boyfriend of Turnbill's mother and had been living with her, the 5-year-old and his 1-year-old child in the Sun Prairie home of a friend. Sun Prairie police named him as the suspect in the death, which they say is the result of child abuse.
The statement said that any abuse would be "completely uncharacteristic" of him, and "while he is not perfect, he is not violent.
[...]
Black had cared for his own children and those of family members without incident. The statement said he had been an occasional drug user, but was not an addict and had no history of violence.
The family said that Green County Child Protective Services did visit the home and found no problems with Brayden Turnbill's health or care.
http://www.channel3000.com/news/fam...earold/-/1648/22796532/-/152dike/-/index.html

Of course the family thinks he couldn't have committed the crime. Most the time they never do. I'm guessing he was alone with the Brayden and that's why they are looking at him. Then again the articles give no detail as to why they suspect Black of doing this. He was an adorable little boy. So sad his life ended in violence.

Am I reading this right, Brayden lived with his "mom", her boyfriend and a family that also has small children?

The family who owned the home, Sam and Patricia Garwo, released a statement that said they were unaware of the danger the child was in.
"Just over three and a half weeks ago we opened our home to another family in need," the Garwos

Am I reading this right, Brayden lived with his "mom", her boyfriend and a family that also has small children?

At no time did we suspect Brayden or any of our children were in danger. None of our family was home when Brayden was injured and we are fully cooperating with law enforcement. We have three young children who are trying to comprehend what has just happened.

I think Brayden, his Mom, the boyfriend and a Mom/boyfriend baby lived with a family that had 3 other children.

ETA - maybe?? A bit confusing in the wording...

That's a lot of people around for things like this to happen, especially if we are talking about more of a long-tem thing as opposed to just him losing his shit one day. Regardless, off to the death chamber for him!

I think Brayden, his Mom, the boyfriend and a Mom/boyfriend baby lived with a family that had 3 other children.

ETA - maybe?? A bit confusing in the wording...
no original articles I read the owners lived down the street and had rented this to them
they interviews the owners at beginning and they said if they knew there was any violence they wouldnt have rented to them < I think lol

It does look like the family they were with also had children, but the article states no one was home when the incident took place.

Also, looking at the rap sheet on Black, it's pretty long . . . I couldn't see what the charges were, though.

Based on his picture alone he looks like a super asshole. Just mean for no reason other than he woke up.

What I've learned from DD, everybody is capable of being a child abusing prick. Be careful about who you let around your children.

A Madison man has been charged with first-degree reckless homicide is the death of a 5-year-old.
A criminal complaint released Wednesday said Brayden Turbill's mother, Shannon, found the boy in the basement of a Sun Prairie home on Oct. 22 not breathing and with bruises and marks on his chest. He died Oct. 24 from his injuries. The complaint states that Turnbill died from blunt force trauma to the head.
Dakota Black, Turnbill's boyfriend, was scheduled to be in court Wednesday on the reckless homicide charge, but the case was delayed as the state appoints him a new public defender.
[...]
When asked how Brayden got hurt, investigators say Black first said, "I don't know but the way he is... on my watch." Then when asked what that meant Black said "whatever happened on my watch...I am responsible,"
[....]
A cousin of Brayden on his father's side said they believe the boy's death could have been prevented.
"We want the right people to go to jail that need to go to jail," said Christine Stone, a cousin of Anthony Turnbill, Brayden's father. "As a family we're strong and we're there for each other."
[...]
Black was held on a probation hold until Wednesday's charges.
Black's initial appearance was rescheduled for Friday.
http://www.channel3000.com/news/man...yearold/-/1648/22949242/-/f63dtw/-/index.html

From 2015:
Man who beat 5-year-old to death gets 30 years prison

MADISON, Wis. - The man convicted of beating his girlfriend's 5-year-old son to death was sentenced to 30 years in prison with an additional 20 years of extended supervision.

In Dane County court Thursday morning, 26-year-old Dakota Black was sentenced to 50 years for first-degree reckless homicide.

Brayden Turnbill was found barely breathing by his mother, Shannon Turnbill, at her Sun Prairie home in October 2013. Investigators said he suffered serious head injuries. He died at UW Hospital a few days later.
http://www.channel3000.com/news/man-who-beat-5yearold-to-death-gets-30-years-prison/36914308

Latest posts

Back