• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
ilf7d3.jpg
2191d75.jpg

Kenneth Reeves​
[...]
Mount Washington man who police say is suspected of abusing a 5 1/2 month-old girl -- whose organs have now been donated -- was taken into custody Wednesday
[...]
Identified by her aunts, Kami Newton was declared brain dead Monday and has been taken off a ventilator.
[...]
doctors said her injuries leading to the brain damage were clear indicators of abuse.

Kenneth Reeves, 29, was arrested in a church in Mount Washington
[...]
Reeves will face charges related to where and how he was found
[...]
Reeves was wanted on charges including attempted homicide. Police did not say if charges would be amended following Kami's death. He was questioned by Pittsburgh detectives for a few hours before being booked
[...]
Kami's family said she was crying loudly in an upstairs bedroom Dec. 6 after her mother had previously put her to bed without issue. Reeves was in the home in Beltzhoover, along with Kami's other family members.
[...]
the mother returned to Kami's room to soothe her, Reeves was in the room. She asked him what happened and he allegedly said he didn't know.
[...]
a few minutes, Kami was unconscious and not breathing. Her mother and uncle started CPR and called 911.

Police said while Kami was taken to UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, they questioned Reeves at the home
[...]
He originally provided a fake last name, according to police, since he was on probation for a 2013 conviction of endangering the welfare of a child.

Police allegedly found two stamp bags of suspected heroin on Reeves. He was questioned and released pending a summons for the drugs.
[...]
doctors declared Kami brain dead.
[...]
she had head trauma, swelling on the brain, and bruising on her left temple and on her right arm.

When speaking with police, Kami's mother recalled two other times her daughter was left in Reeves' care for a short time. On those occasions, she said she returned to find Kami crying loudly.
[...]
she believed the tears were from the discomfort of teething.

Reeves has a history of child abuse
[...]
He pleaded guilty to charges in 2013 that he beat another girlfriend's 3-year-old so badly, doctors said he had extensive bruising and abrasions all over his body. They feared he also had internal injuries.

When police asked the little boy who hit him,
[...]
“Mommy’s best friend,” the name he used for Reeves.

Reeves posted bail and was allowed to leave jail.

“We want to thank the first responders from the city of Pittsburgh, firefighters, the police, the detectives involved,” said Misty Vojtash,
[...]
“We want to thank the staff at the emergency room at Children’s Hospital and the nurses and the pediatric intensive care unit. We want to send a special thanks to Wes from CORE for being there for my sister in making a decision to donate the organs and just really seeing her through that.

“And we want to thank everyone for their outpouring of support and prayers. And this isn’t nearly a conclusion or closure. This is going to be ongoing and really tough on my sister, but we can’t thank everybody enough for everything they’ve done for us.”
[..]
said the family will work to raise child abuse awareness in Kami's honor, calling the effort Kamero's Heroes.

Kami's organs were donated and went to five young children.

"My prayers are with those families also. And I hope you get to hold your children for Christmas and that they live full, healthy lives,
[...]
http://www.wtae.com/news/mom-donate...ued-for-moms-boyfriend/30148384#ixzz3LZoLiHLH
2v0g1lf.jpg

kami

Omg why? I used to dress my daughter the same way with the hair bows and flowers, and cute little onesies with the pants, when she was that age. This poor baby. She was so cute and innocent. She wasn't acting up, just sleeping peacefully and this piece of human waste hurt and killed her. He also has a history of this. Did mom know that he has a history and still let him come around her child? This just broke me heart.

He pleaded guilty to charges in 2013 that he beat another girlfriend's 3-year-old so badly, doctors said he had extensive bruising and abrasions all over his body. They feared he also had internal injuries.
And yet another female gave him a chance? Not even just any female but one with a child and she left her child alone with him. And on "previous occasions" she returned to find her daughter "crying loudly". WTF!!!

Goddamn it females, pony up the fee for the backfround check if you're going to have them around your children and walk the fuck away if you see charges like that on it.

And yes, I've paid the money for them, on my now husband. I absolutely did, he was honest with me about having been in trouble and I needed to know because I have children if he was completely honest. He was and it's never been an issue but I don't for one second regret second guessing his honesty in the beginning, I'd rather explain that to him then the death of one of my kids to anyone.

@Krystal
I AGREE. This is ON HER as her "penis" was on probation, carrying heroin, and access to his 2013 child abuse conviction is FREE and quickly available on Allegheny County's criminal records website. It took me three damned minutes on their website to find what she should have known about this scumbag in the first place, before she invited him into her home. Everything about this man screams "Dangerous" and yet she gave him free access to her infant daughter!

I have a general sense of compassion for her as she did lose her baby, but I cannot waive judgment against her for contributing to her murder because as a parent, she has to hold herself accountable for her child's environment. Pairing up with a known child abuser is just asking for trouble and no one forced her to be with him. It was HER choice.

OMGGGGGGGG!!!! This shit is killing me!!! Same age as my Miles!!! What....how.....why....seriously? A mother (a good mother) has a sixth sense the minute her baby is born and that sixth sense is a connection to that baby beyond physical and mental...how could she allow him around the baby? Even if she didn't know he was already a child abuser...every danger sensor in her soul should have been going off. Poor baby tried to tell mom in the only way she knew how and no one listened. So sad :( My heart is broken.

Another one? I hate to say it, but Whisper could save a lot of time by making a template and then just filling in the names and dates. How about this for starters?

"A ___ month/year old child has died at the hands of her mother's boyfriend. Police say ___, who had dated the mother for 3 months/a week/45 minutes, was watching the child while the mother was at work/the laundromat/the methadone clinic. According to witnesses, the baby was joyful, beautiful and precious beyond words at 10 am when the mother left, but around 2 pm. the boyfriend called his mother/best friend/barber to report that the child "might not be feeling well/was covered in blood and making gasping sounds/was in a different room from her head." The barber, whose poodle/pet turtle/great-aunt had previously died of natural causes secondary to rape and blunt-force trauma after being left momentarily with the suspect, called 911. When responders arrived, they were met by a nervous-looking boyfriend, who said he was reading Bible stories to the child when she suddenly stopped breathing."

I am not in any way making light of this terrible tragedy. I am just so tired of hearing the same old story over and over again, when just a little vigilance on the part of the custodial parent could prevent it from ever happening again.

She sure was a cutie! Pls tell me this guy can get the DP for Kami's murder. I wish young mom's would do background checks on men before allowing them near their kids like someone else suggested. I have before. I don't condemn this mother. She didn't try to protect him. I wish she had suspected something other than teething after the first two incidents of leaving him alone with this adorable baby.

‘System failed us’: Woman says baby would be alive if Reeves was on house arrest
[...]
aunt of a 3-year-old who Kenneth Reeves was recently convicted of abusing said if Reeves would have been on house arrest, a 5-month-old girl would still be alive.

“It was devastating just to know that we were right and that he wasn't on house arrest when he should have been and that this happened to another child,”
[...]
The aunt, who didn’t want to be identified, was in the courtroom on Sept. 10 when Reeves, 29, pleaded guilty to beating her nephew with a belt.

“We requested jail time from the beginning but were told that it wasn't going to happen, so we had to settle with the six years’ probation and one year house arrest,”
[...]
Reeves, though, never got his ankle bracelet and went on the run,
[...]
Three months later, she said she saw Reeves again – this time on the news accused of assaulting Julie Vojtash’s 5-month-old daughter, Kami.

“The system failed us, failed my nephew, and now because of that, little Kami and her family,”
[...]
Reeves' previous conviction for child endangerment and aggravated assault happened in April of 2013
[...]
where he beat his then-girlfriend's 3-year-old son.

“(He) beat him with a belt, smacked him. He was black and blue from head to toe,” the boy’s aunt
[...]
“I hope he stays there (in jail) because that’s where he deserves to be and that’s where he should have been.”
[...]
said Reeves never showed any remorse for what he did to her nephew.

The boy is now doing well physically but still sees counselors.

Reeves was found hiding out in a church on Mount Washington Wednesday evening. The pastor of Covenant Church on the Hill told
[....]
that Reeves broke into the rectory.

Church leaders were going to let him stay because Reeves said he had been kicked out of his home. A neighbor then saw Reeves and called 911.
[..]
Reeves previously lived in the church rectory, as his dad used to work there as a groundskeeper.

Reeves is currently in the county jail without bond, while prosecutors begin to build a case against him in the death
[..]
Murder charges are expected to be filed against Reeves soon.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/system-failed-us-woman-says-baby-would-be-alive-if/njQ5Z/

For fucks sake! Look at that little doll!

He wasn't going to stop until somebodies poor child died, he's an abuser for life.

There is always a steady stream of fuckwit women available with babies to beat and abuse for these cunts, too.

And as for the Mother - She knew something was off because she wouldn't have remembered times Kami was crying when left with this monster if it was all so sudden and innocent.

The Mother can deny it to everyone else but the pit of her soul and her gut tell her the truth - she turned a blind eye to suspicions that could have saved Kamis life.

He needed stopping years ago - Because obviously some women will trust any old person around their baby more than they would with their purse or phone.

@LurkinLion Got it spot on, same old same old sick story.

Wait, so he went on the run, then three months later showed up on the news after killing this child? So this criminal who is on the run, has no job, carries heroin, etc etc not only seems like prince fucking charming to the new woman, but is allowed repeated, unsupervised access to her tiny baby? When she's just fucking met him?

Family members were in the house... they just let this virtual stranger be alone with the baby?

August 28, 2017

A Pennsylvania man has been sentenced to 22½ to 45 years in prison in the death of his girlfriend’s five-month-old baby.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that 31-year-old Kenneth Reeves of Mount Washington was sentenced Monday in Allegheny County Court.

Reeves was convicted in May of third-degree murder, aggravated assault on a child and endangering the welfare of a child in the December 2014 death of Kamero Newton.

Reeves’ conviction violates the terms of his probation in an earlier guilty plea to assaulting a different ex-girlfriend’s 4-year-old son. A separate hearing is to be held in that case.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/08/28/kenneth-reeves-sentenced-babys-death/

Back