• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A five-year-old boy asked why 'Santa' never visited him despite being good after he was seriously neglected by his mother and her partner.
The young child had severely rotten teeth, with several having exposed roots and abscesses, while there was no toothbrush suitable for his use in his house.
Authorities were alerted to the boy's plight after he escaped from the house and his frantic mother rang the police.

[...]

Prosecution counsel Aisha Wadoodi said several of the child's baby teeth had exposed roots while some teeth had developed abscesses. Several of his teeth needed extraction.
Ms Wadoodi told the court that after the child was recovered, he was placed into foster care. The court heard that the child's education standards and speech were considerably below the average for his age.
According to The York Press, the child told his foster mother: 'Santa doesn’t come to my house. I don’t know why, because I have been good.'
The court heard that there were no toys in the boy's room and he had no idea what a bath was for or how he should be washed.

Ms Waddodi said that over the past six months, the boy has thrived in foster care, described by his foster mother as 'a lovely little boy, very chatty, open and likes to please people.'
She said that the boy does not mention his family or his previous home.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ouple-kept-surrounded-flies-rotting-food.html

That has to be the most heartbreaking question I have ever read. Poor little guy. I just had twins in January(hence why I disappeared right after I came on the scene) and can't even imagine not having a tooth brush for them, or toys, or baths, or love. I hope his mother and her partner are shown the same lack of compassion and empathy that they showed to this 5 year old boy. Heartbreaking.

Yeah, this really bothers me too. Damn fucking parents who don't parent. I hope his foster life continues to go well and that he does, indeed, thrive.

I look forward to foster parenting. Going to wait until mine gets a little older (she's 4) so that she can thoroughly articulate any issues that may arise. But I look forward to being a Santa... and a Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Leprechaun, and eventual adoptive parent.... to a child who's been denied those things.

And I already fear the day the child's parent(s) petition for them back.

Of course, as sad as this may be, I can already envision this lad in the future - 25 or so years from now - talking to his wife and asking, "I've been good...why won't you have sex with me?"

I mean, I'm not projecting, or anything. Just sayin'.

I cannot fathom the fact that a person can have a child and mistreat or neglect them.

I have volunteered at a local church, where they collected toys and clothing to allow "financially disadvantaged" parents to be able to give their children presents for the holidays. The joy that I had seen on their faces, knowing that their child would be happy receiving something as small as a matchbox car or a new pair of socks, was enough to bring a tear to my eyes.

These were people that may not have known where the next meal was coming from, but they still cared enough to try to give their little ones a childhood.

Its been a rough year for my family but I still managed to keep a god damn tooth brush for my girls and got them something from Santa even when were living out of my car

I was emotionally abused (for lack of a better term), and the public face of my mother vs how she was to me were entirely different. This made for some cognitive dissonance for me. One time she got a couple of children from the local orphan's home for the day, and we took them to the park and played and all sorts of things she didn't do with me. There were numerous situations like that where I almost didn't know how to act because she was so nice, and it mattered how I acted and what I said because she might ambush me later. When I was about 12 she went to nursing school and became an LVN and eventually went into private duty nursing which paid better than the hospital. She was a narcissist and that explains the dichotomy. I always wondered if she was sarcastic and cruel with her patients, but, of course, the families loved her. She never saw anything wrong with what she did nor did she ever apologize for any of the cruelty.

I don't think NPD had much to do with this poor little boy's abuse though, although it can be hard to tell the difference between narcissitic and just downright neglectful and mean.

Its been a rough year for my family but I still managed to keep a god damn tooth brush for my girls and got them something from Santa even when were living out of my car
My hardest action in life was leaving my children in a loving home knowing when that door shut I was homeless.. but I made sure they had a loving home with people that could and would provide.. Now my happiness is hearing giggles & squabbles.. having my kiddos..

Ooooh, I knew this was gonna be about as good as having another drain hole in my head... Somebody go get me that kid. I need a big, fat, smoochie, noogie, tickle, huggle...

I look forward to foster parenting. Going to wait until mine gets a little older (she's 4) so that she can thoroughly articulate any issues that may arise. But I look forward to being a Santa... and a Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Leprechaun, and eventual adoptive parent.... to a child who's been denied those things.

Athena, you are officially my heroine, and I love you for this :)
You will make a fabulous foster mommy! :)

I was emotionally abused (for lack of a better term), and the public face of my mother vs how she was to me were entirely different. This made for some cognitive dissonance for me. One time she got a couple of children from the local orphan's home for the day, and we took them to the park and played and all sorts of things she didn't do with me. There were numerous situations like that where I almost didn't know how to act because she was so nice, and it mattered how I acted and what I said because she might ambush me later. When I was about 12 she went to nursing school and became an LVN and eventually went into private duty nursing which paid better than the hospital. She was a narcissist and that explains the dichotomy. I always wondered if she was sarcastic and cruel with her patients, but, of course, the families loved her. She never saw anything wrong with what she did nor did she ever apologize for any of the cruelty.

I don't think NPD had much to do with this poor little boy's abuse though, although it can be hard to tell the difference between narcissitic and just downright neglectful and mean.

I had the same experience as a child. I never knew who I was coming home to off the schoolbus...the Mom who baked me cookies or the Mom who would drag me down the hall by my hair.
Crazily...I still loved her.
I think it is why I went straight to CPS out of college. Most of my coworkers were also abused or neglected in some way as children. Maybe that's how we heal, I don't know, but I think it's an asset, since we can spot things that people with normal parents and childhoods probably wouldn't.

With you as the child's advocate, along with it being O.K. w/the child, too, which I know will be your first concern, I "fear the day the child's parent(s) petition for them back," too. Good luck with that, folks! lol ;) <3

Throw in some sick, gory details and I swear you really ARE my long, lost sister! I thought "Mom" drowned you at birth b/c I wanted you so badly. <3

How nuts is it that they get away with others thinking they're SO awesome when 10 seconds later behind the scenes, they're the most sadistic, cruel and abusive "parents" around? "Tell another adult," my rosy, white ass. (1) They don't believe you until they see the sick results of their handiwork (hen physical/situational abuse is involved, too. Emotional abuse is a silent killer they can keep hidden longer), and (2) They've already hedged their bets and covered their asses with the "oh, s/he's such a dreadful liar" routine with all the so-called "adults" they think you're lying about it anyway, so why bother? Smh.

Indeed, I confided in my 3rd grade teacher. When she called my mother, she made me get on the phone and recant everything. I was afraid and didn't know what she might do after that. I can't remember if there was any special retribution or not. Apparently I was embarrassed because an old school friend I reconnected with on FB says I didn't talk about my mother problems. Later in life when i decided not to think about these incidences any more I started to forget...a lot. A lot of good or indifferent memories went along with the bad ones, but it was worth it. Many people suffered much worse than I ever did.

I should've used what I went through to determine what I would do in life, but that's not what happened. Guess I can use the excuse that I was emotionally stunted and socially inept from spending those formative years trying to figure out what mother was going to pull next and spending the years after I left home trying to figure out who I was since I didn't actually have an identify per se. I was growing up late in the worst way possible, so much time was wasted. Being a victim makes one so selfish in a way. I got sick of being that wounded person. Nobody's got time for that! :D

I am fighting for custody of my great nephew, dhs gave him back to his druggie mom after 2 1/2 yrs. I got him at 2 months. He was 2 yrs, 1 month and she had seen him 3 times, they returned him jan 9. He didn't even know her. She has relapsed, I am fucking sick to my stomach just trying to get visits for now. Dhs has had cops come to my house saying fugitives are here, 5 times in a month. Mom filed with the court that I allow drugs and illegal activity in my home when kids are here. None of it true. But when I post a picture of the papers online, stating this person is lying. I'm the bad guy. So ya, I loved fostering. Loved it. But I will never trust the state again. Good luck. It is truly an amazing experience. Just proect your heart. I miss it

Indeed, I confided in my 3rd grade teacher. When she called my mother, she made me get on the phone and recant everything. I was afraid and didn't know what she might do after that. I can't remember if there was any special retribution or not. Apparently I was embarrassed because an old school friend I reconnected with on FB says I didn't talk about my mother problems. Later in life when i decided not to think about these incidences any more I started to forget...a lot. A lot of good or indifferent memories went along with the bad ones, but it was worth it. Many people suffered much worse than I ever did.

I should've used what I went through to determine what I would do in life, but that's not what happened. Guess I can use the excuse that I was emotionally stunted and socially inept from spending those formative years trying to figure out what mother was going to pull next and spending the years after I left home trying to figure out who I was since I didn't actually have an identify per se. I was growing up late in the worst way possible, so much time was wasted. Being a victim makes one so selfish in a way. I got sick of being that wounded person. Nobody's got time for that! :D

AwesomeResponseAwesomeResponseAwesomeResponseAwesomeResponse *schmack - high five*

Ummm so sad, we would be having Christmas the very next morning no matter the date if I had that boy!

Back