• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
John Skelton's appeal rejected in missing Morenci boys case

2us8m7r.jpg
John Skelton, of Morenci makes his way into court for a hearing​
ADRIAN — The Michigan appeals court has declined to hear an appeal of the prison sentence ordered for a Lenawee County man blamed for the disappearance of his three sons.

John Skelton pleaded no contest last year to charges of unlawful imprisonment. Tanner, Alexander and Andrew Skelton were last seen at their father's home in Morenci near the Michigan-Ohio border on Thanksgiving 2010. They were supposed to be returned to their mother.
Judge Margaret Noe exceeded sentencing guidelines and sent Skelton to prison for 10 to 15 years. The appeals court last week turned down Skelton's delayed request to challenge that punishment.[...]
Authorities believe the Skelton brothers are dead.
http://www.freep.com/article/201206...n-s-appeal-rejected-missing-Morenci-boys-case

121121-03.jpg

Alexander, Andrew and Tanner Skelton
It’s been two years and three brothers, who vanished from their home in Morenci, are still missing.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released age-progressed images of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton, who were ages 9, 7 and 5, respectively, when they went missing in November 2010.

But, according to a statement released today, police still believe the boys were killed by their father, John Skelton, who pleaded no contest to charges of unlawful imprisonment and was sentenced to 10-15 years in prison last year.

"The position of the investigative task force remains the same,â€￾ according to the statement. "That is that the facts of this case lead us to believe that John Russell Skelton murdered his sons and likely disposed of them during the early morning hours of Nov. 26, 2010."

Skelton had insisted he doesn’t know where his sons are and claimed they are with members of an underground sanctuary group.

"His choice to hide behind this outlandish story is selfish and cowardly," Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said in the statement. "If he cared about his sons at all he would disclose the truth and bring resolution to this case."
http://www.freep.com/article/201211...ars-search-continues-missing-Skelton-brothers

"It's kind of unreal to think that two years later, we're still sitting here trying to find answers, trying to get that one clue," said the boys' mother, Tanya Zuvers.

Meanwhile, Zuvers is doing all she can to keep the story alive, hoping someone knows where her sons are. She authorized the release of age progression photos and is also getting ready for an awareness event to take place this Sunday at Wakefield Park.
[...]

"I need to be ready and be able to bring them right back in and pick up right where we left off," said Zuvers.

However, investigators are not so optimistic and says the case is now a homicide investigation.

"I'm a human being and I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to be proven wrong and would welcome that opportunity," said Chief Larry Weeks from the Morenci Police Department.

Weeks says the facts in the case, which he cannot disclose, has led them to believe the boys' father, John Skelton, murdered his sons. Skelton is currently serving a 10 to 15 year prison sentence for unlawful imprisonment of the boys.

Zuvers says while she respects the position that investigators are taking, she still firmly believes that her sons are alive.
http://www.fox47news.com/news/topstories/180143731.html

Cleveland story gives missing Michigan boys' mother new hope
Tanya Zuvers has not given up hope for finding Skelton brothers alive
DETROIT -
The story of three missing girls being found alive in Cleveland is giving new hope to the mother of three missing boys from Morenci, Mich.

Alex Skelton, Andrew Skelton and Tanner Skelton went missing nearly three years ago. Their mother, Tanya Zuvers, is filled with optimism while she watches the news out of Cleveland. It is giving her a new sense of hope that her boys will be found alive.

"I feel that they're still out there alive and it just takes the right person seeing one of these stories for our happy ending to happen," Zuvers said.

Zuvers is working to meet with her ex-husband, John Skelton, in prison. She hopes Skelton will reveal what really happened to the boys.

Read: Missing boys' mother seeks answers from imprisoned ex

They vanished without a trace in November 2010 -- Thanksgiving weekend. Since the news broke out of Cleveland, people from across the country have reached out to Zuvers hoping she will have a similar end to her story.

"The Facebook page has reached 8,000 likes just in the last 24 hours," Zuvers said.
[...]
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...pe/-/1719314/20056096/-/107spu6z/-/index.html

I know hope is the only thing keeping her going, I just feel she may be let down. Cases like the one in Ohio are pretty rare in comparison to the large number of missing people out there. I agree with the police especially since dad isn't talking. He knows what happened to them. Whatever that is, is far worse than what he is facing now and he's not about to make things worse for himself. If he knew where those kids were and they were alive, he would have bargained them up for a plea by now on the imprisionment charges.

Cleveland story gives missing Michigan boys' mother new hope
I have seen variations on that article for many missing people. It's like reporters all rushed out to the relatives of the missing to get the uber-obvious reaction.

Well, this should make us all proud of our legal system!
- A Michigan father who was charged with kidnapping after the disappearance of his three sons has received a plea deal that downgrades his charges.
John Skelton pleaded no contest Thursday in an Adrian, Mi. court to a charge of unlawful imprisonment.

In exchange, prosecutors dropped a charge of parental kidnapping in the Thanksgiving 2010 disappearance of 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-od Tanner Skelton.

Had Skelton been convicted of kidnapping, he faced a possible sentence of life in prison, reports CBS affiliate WTOL. With the lesser imprisonment charges the Michigan man only faces up to 15 years in prison.
http://www.cbsnews.com/crimesider/?keyword=tanner skelton

According to WTOL, residents in the Skelton's Southern Michigan home of Morenci feel he is getting off too easy.

I wonder what the judge and jury have been smoking or drinking, because that is one fucked up sentence. We know the boys are probably dead, even though I like to think they are with another family, loved and cared for. Scumfuck should have gotten life; he kdnapped those kids...that alone should put him in prison for 20+ years. I guess the prosecution just doesn't have enough hard evidence to prosecute him. In court, it doesn't matter a flying fuck what you believe or know in your heart; in court it's what you can PROVE. poor little fellows. Just tools for a monster to use to punish their mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Wept. It's what my grandmother used to say about awful things she didn't agree with but couldn't do anything about. What else can you do or say, except that you can hope that one day he'll get his comeuppance someway somehow.

Sadly the only time we hear of them on the news now is around thanksgiving when they disappeared (or killed JMHO)

Last edited:
Sorry to say it but these children will not be found for a long time. There is so much empty land and so many wooded areas surrounding Morenci. Theyare sending out search parties again. People are traveling from Toledo, Ohio to search more. The town is shattered by the missing children. They have dedicated the town park to them and keep ribbons up as a constant reminder. They may only come up around Thanksgiving for the rest of the world but Morenci is a tight knit community that's never forgotten.​

MSP take lead in case of missing Skelton boys
On the day after Thanksgiving 2010, three boys went missing in Morenci, Mich. The boys are Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton. Since the day the boys went missing, their disappearance has been

investigated by the Morenci Police Department, FBI and Michigan State Police (MSP). Significant assistance has also been provided by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

As this case enters its third year, investigators have re-examined the investigative resources assigned to the case, and after careful consideration, decided to have the MSP take the lead in the investigation. The resources available from the MSP will ensure the case continues to move forward no matter how long it takes to solve. The Morenci Police Department and FBI will continue as investigative partners in the investigation.
[...]
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...oys/-/1719418/23052348/-/x7uob7z/-/index.html

It's hard to believe it will be three years this Thanksgiving since the Skelton brothers went missing from Morenci. That day, Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton vanished without a trace.

As their father sits in prison refusing to say what he's done with them, there's now been a shift in the case with Michigan State Police steeping in and taking over the investigation.

The boys' mother, Tanya Zuvers, has come a long way in three years. She's vowing not to let what her ex-husband has done force her to the bottom of a bottle, or worse. She has hope and wants you to as well.
[...]
"As a mom, I haven't given up yet -- feel like they're gone," said Zuvers.
Skelton, who is currently in prison serving 13 to 15 years in connection with the disappearance of the children, has refused to see Zuvers' face to face, but he has emailed her twice.

"It was accusing me, no mention of Andrew, Alex or Tanner," Zuvers said.

The second one came on Mother's Day this year.

"He wrote me a second email -- Happy Mother's Day," said Zuvers.

The incongruity of being wished Happy Mother's Day by him is something Zuvers just deals with, just like the shift in the investigation.

Now, the Michigan State Police is the lead in her children's disappearance. Detectives continue to call her with possible info or evidence they need her to look at. She's convinced one day she'll finally know the truth of what happened.

"I am strong. This just one more hurdle," said Zuvers.

On Zuvers' wall at home she has faith, hope and love stenciled on the wall. She told
[.....]
it's that mantra that keeps her going.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ful/-/1719418/23114734/-/e1x0khz/-/index.html

This POS is just trying to shove that shiv deeper into her already broken heart. Telling her this is all your fault, you made me do this !

And why, oh why, does he has access to a computer especially after he's been sending her shitty e-mails?

I don't believe these brothers are alive. I've always felt that way since this case first came to light.

Mother of 3 missing Morenci boys still has hope they'll be found

Tanya Zuvers still can’t believe her three sons are gone.
[....]
“I think if someone had told me four years ago that I would be sitting here, four years later, talking about the fact that my sons are still missing, I would have said, ‘No, it’ll be over by then.’ But it’s not. So I guess it’s surreal that I’m still living this,
[..]
he reached out to me and in his two letters it was all about our divorce and that I’m the one that caused this, that I’m the one at fault for why we’re living the lives we’re living,”
[...]
“Not one mention of Andrew, Alexander or Tanner. Not one word about the boys. “

The grieving mother said she wrote back in desperation for information.

“In each of those letters, my focus was where are Andrew, Alexander and Tanner? What have you done with my sons? You need to talk, stop being a coward,”
[...]
“I always will see them as 5, 7 and 9, but I try to picture scenarios with them older in the new pictures and what they would be like,”
[...]
Police have interviewed new witnesses, poured over evidence collected and asked hunters to be on the lookout for anything unusual in the rural areas near the family’s former home.
[...]
said she’s confident the case will be closed.

“There will always be that little glimmer of hope until we have the concrete proof that they are, one way or another, that they’re deceased or not. As their mom, I have to keep that glimmer of hope,”
[...]
“I firmly believe, whether they are alive or deceased, they will come home someday. One way or another, we will have answers and proof.”
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-boys-still-has-hope-theyll-be-found/29926802

They have been found :(
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ana-house-could-it-unlock-a-michigan-mystery/

But 1,800 miles away in a small Michigan town, the discovery out west sparked a mix of alarm and hope. Seven years ago, three local boys — Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton — went missing, a disappearance that remains unexplained. This week, however, Michigan authorities announced they were working with Missoula police to see whether there is a connection between the bones and the missing boys.

“Further forensic testing has been requested by police in Montana that may provide more answers,” the Michigan State Police said Thursday night in a statement, MLive.com reported. “Until this testing is completed and additional investigation by law enforcement in Montana occurs, it cannot be determined if these remains belong to the missing Skelton brothers.”

On Thursday night, Tanya Zuvers, the missing Michigan boys’ mother, posted about the news out of Montana on Facebook.

“This information has just been presented to our family within the last several hours,” Zuvers wrote. “We are processing it and hopeful that we will have answers soon. We are thankful for all your thoughts and prayers.”

In 2010, Zuvers and her soon-to-be ex-husband John Skelton were locked in a bitter divorce in Morenci, a town 70 miles south of Detroit. Although Zuvers had full custody of 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alex and 5-year-old Tanner, she handed over the children to their father for Thanksgiving, the Associated P
[doublepost=1513399976,1513399575][/doublepost]https://crimewatchdaily.com/2015/10/04/where-could-the-three-little-skelton-brothers-be/
It's a day when families all across America gather to give thanks, but for one Michigan mom Thanksgiving is the day her three children disappeared. Since that day police have received thousands of leads about the Skelton brothers. But they remain missing.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/detective...s-of-3-children-are-connected-to-skelton-boys

Detectives here in Michigan are working to determine if those remains belong to three missing boys from Michigan.

The Skelton boys, Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, went missing the day after Thanksgiving 2010 and have not been seen since.

Michigan State Police confirm they have asked Missoula police to determine if their is any connection to the Skelton case. However, they say nothing previously reported has linked the brothers to Montana.

While it always seemed likely this would be the end result, it is still terribly sad. :(

Not yet, technically.
DNA results haven't been released. I'm not even sure DNA has been fully extracted from the bones and teeth.

I'm torn. Of course we don't want them to be the brothers but the thought of 3 other dead children. ..

th
Living in rural Southeastern Michigan that first year between Thanksgiving and Christmas I'd put a candle in the window, look out at the night and send up a prayer for the 3 Skelton brothers.
......................................................................................................................
Thanksgiving Day, 2010 Andrew age 9, Alexander age 7 and Tanner age 5 were taken by their father from his Morenci MI home, during a holiday visitation. The boys are still missing and the family is seeking help in searching for them. They are encouraging people to be aware of children and watch for these boys smiling faces. The police remind everyone that it is a good possibility that the boys may not be together so be looking for the individual faces-it is important!
......................................................................................................................

With every subsequent year that followed I expected hunters would come across their remains that perhaps would bring their mother some measure of peace.

main_page_image2.jpg

Last edited:
my gut feeling is the Skelton boys are not that far from home. I believe their bodies are in Michigan or Ohio.

Will the whinebag bleeding hearts stop bumping this thread with impertinent nonsense please.

Has there still not been news released on the DNA?

February 5th 2018

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton have been missing for more than seven years. The boys vanished from Morenci on Thanksgiving 2010 without a trace.

Their father John, the last person to see the boys, spoke out to a reporter from WDIV in Detroit.

When the boys were first discovered missing, John Skelton initially said he gave the boys to someone from an "organization" who visited his home on Thanksgiving.

He told WDIV over the weekend that he gave the boys to an "underground sanctuary" farm in Ohio along the Indiana border. He claimed he gave the boys to two women and a man, and said the boys would have a better life there with a new family.

According to WDIV, John said this new family would buy the boys farm boots that they had been asking for, and would let them ride on a tractor whenever they wanted.

Today, all three of the boys would have been in their late teens. Police have not been able to locate them.

However, the remains of three siblings have been found in a shed in Montana. Officials are waiting the results of tests on the remains to determine if they belong to the Skelton brothers.

John is serving a 10 to 15-year sentence for unlawful imprisonment. His first chance at parole is in 2020.
http://www.fox19.com/story/37427721...-gave-boys-to-underground-ohio-sanctuary-farm

Back