• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Not a whole lot of info on this yet...

The family was out fishing, and the boy went missing. He was found about 30 minutes later in the water and taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

A boy who went missing while fishing with his family in St. Petersburg has died.

Jamirreeus Broward was fishing with his family at Poynter Park on Wednesday evening.

Just before 7 p.m., Jamirreeus’ mother noticed him missing and immediately called police.

St. Pete Fire Rescue divers found him in the water at 7:28 p.m. and paramedics performed CPR and then transported him to the hospital.

He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

http://wfla.com/2017/09/13/missing-child-found-in-water-in-st-petersburg/

I guess it's not common to use a life jacket while fishing.

Based on the article, I assume they were on land and not in a boat...that being said, I do agree that a life jacket or something would have been a smart thing. Or better yet, keep your kids in your eyesight at all times.

Seems a bit odd to say the least. I would do everything I could to keep a 5 year old within my line of sight especially around water. Would also have it drummed into the kids head before going fishing just how important it is to stay close at all times. I wonder if they went fishing regularly, if not and this was a one off then it seems even more suspect

Based on another article I saw, he was last seen playing on a sea wall. Which is essentially just a big manmade drop off where the land ends and the water begins.

Definitely not an area I'd leave a small child unattended or not being closely monitored. Some sea walls are in a shallow area (where you could fall off and hit the ground/barnacles and hurt yourself), and some drop off into much deeper water. Not sure what the case was at this particular beach. I assume it was a deeper drop. This link shows a big pier area in the photo, which makes sense if they were fishing from it.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/5-year-old-boy-reported-missing-found-in-water-in-st-petersburg

Back