• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
a3cw78.jpg
[...]
nationally ranked college football team has forfeited an upcoming game and suspended five players after the young men were allegedly involved in a brutal assault.

Jonathan Barlow, D'Andre Dunkley, Corey Ford, Rodney Gillin Jr. and James Williamson, who all play for California University of Pennsylvania, were arrested after police claim they beat and stomped on a man outside an off-campus restaurant, then fled yelling 'Football strong!'
[...]
victim, Lewis Campbell, 30, of West Chester, Pennsylvania, was in intensive care Friday with severe brain trauma.
[....]
men allegedly attacked Campbell as he was trying to stop an argument between his girlfriend and a player at about 2am on Thursday
[...]
The university declared later Thursday that its Division II football team would forfeit Saturday's game against Gannon University, jeopardizing its best season in three years, and suspend those arrested.

'Behavior has consequences,' the university's interim president, Geraldine Jones, said
[...]
Officers said they arrested the players at practice Thursday afternoon.
[...]
are charged with aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person, harassment and conspiracy to commit aggravated assault.
[...]
court records didn't list attorneys for the men, who remained jailed Friday because they were unable to post bail of $500,000 apiece.
[...]
California football team has won seven of eight games this season and this week reached No. 19 in D2Football.com, its highest ranking since 2012. The team has two games scheduled after Saturday's forfeit. It is unclear if they will be played.
[...]
team took swift action Thursday to scrub its website of the arrested players, removing their names from the roster and deleting their biography pages.

Ford, a 22-year-old senior from Harrisburg, and Gillin, a 20-year-old junior from Reading, were starters at defensive back
[...]
Barlow, a 21-year-old sophomore defensive lineman from Pittsburgh, and Dunkley, a 19-year-old tight end from Philadelphia, have seen limited action.

Williamson, 20, of Parkville, Maryland, transferred this year after two seasons at West Virginia
[...]
Jones said they would face university sanctions for potential violations of the student code of conduct, in addition to any penalties imposed through the legal system.

At the same time
[...]
"it must be clearly understood that the actions of a small group of individuals are not representative of our entire student body, nor of all Cal U student-athletes."
[...]
man who was severely beaten in California Borough early Thursday morning is still in Allegheny General Hospital's intensive care unit, being treated for serious brain injuries, his father said Friday night.
[...]
Lewis Campbell III, 30, was beaten, kicked, and stomped early Thursday morning outside Spuds Restaurant by a group of California University of Pennsylvania football players.

"My son is up there twitching now. He keeps trying to get out of bed, nurses have to hold him down, because of the irresponsibility of these guys who shouted 'Football Strong,'" said Lewis Campbell, Jr.,
[...]
"I hope that as soon as possible, they'll be at Graterford Prison washing Bubba's drawers," the elder Campbell said.
[....]
public information report, police said the five young men were heard chanting "Football Strong" as they left the scene of the alleged assault.

The incident began with an argument between Ford and a woman shortly before 2:10 a.m., police said.

"The female was the victim's girlfriend, and when the victim intervened to try to stop the argument, Ford, Barlow, Dunkley, Gillin and Williamson began beating and stomping the victim to the ground until he was unconscious,"
[...]
"Witness stated as the actors were leaving and getting into a white Acura parked at the scene, they identified themselves to the crowd as Cal U football players by chanting 'Football Strong.'"
Attorney Phil DiLucente said Ford was there but did not participate in the beating.

"My client -- I want to be very clear -- did not shove, kick, push or touch the victim in this case whatsoever,"
[...]
"It's sad they would throw away their future for a couple of moments of anger," Cal student Jermaine Shelton said. "Don't know all about the other guy, but it's upsetting."
[...]
the suspects were arrested during a practice at Adamson Stadium and taken for arraignment in front of District Judge Joshua Kanalis. All five were being held in the Washington County Correctional Facility on $500,000 bail.

A Cal U. spokesperson said the accused students have been suspended from the team and the school. A Saturday football game against Gannon University is canceled and Cal will forfeit the game.

It's a decision that is supported by members of the student body.

"It's unfortunate for the other players, because there are some great players on the team," Cal student Brook Chilcoat said.
Interim University President Geraldine M. Jones issued this statement:
"California University does not tolerate violent behavior, and the five student-athletes charged in connection with this incident will face University sanctions, along with any penalties imposed by law.

"The police investigation is continuing, and the rights of these accused students will be upheld. But in light of these allegations, I asked Coach Kellar to cancel Saturday’s game. Behavior has consequences, and all Cal U students, including student-athletes, must abide by our Student Code of Conduct if they wish to remain a part of our campus community.

"At the same time, it must be clearly understood that the actions of a small group of individuals are not representative of our entire student body, nor of all Cal U student-athletes. I ask our entire campus community to recommit to our University’s core values, and to demonstrate through their words and their actions the best that our University can be.

"Our hearts and our prayers go out to the victim, his family and his friends. All else pales in comparison."

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/football-p...-pennsylvania-arrested/29442506#ixzz3Hn0aL9PK

They think they are golden boys...football heroes who can get away with anything because THEY PROBABLY WILL. There will be the usual whining, "but we didn't meeeeean to. we so sowwy." Football brings a lot of money to a college.

Football strong? The fuck? Are they fucking 12?

There's a California University of Pennsylvania? Wonder which state it's in. Weird shit.

Packs are always so tough...Where is there any honor to gang up and beat on a person let alone one that is just trying to diffuse and argument. Low class but at least they are where they need to be now..which is jail.

Well at least they showed their true side before they went PRO. This thing happens a lot after players have gone PRO and they do get out of because of the money obtained. I hate the guy had to suffer the injuries though and hope he pulls through. They all should be charged with attempted murder. What a waste. I just wish scholarship money went towards individuals that want to use it for an actual education instead of idiots like these who probably were automatically passing just because they were football players who probably couldn't pass 8th grade skills.

It's a joke of a sschool and these fucktards couldn't handle playing at a big college so they ended up playing for California University of PA.

Sincerely,
Proud IUP Alumni

^^^
Yeah these fucktards were never going pro. Article said division II, it's borderline pick up football during recess.

They think they are golden boys...football heroes who can get away with anything because THEY PROBABLY WILL. There will be the usual whining, "but we didn't meeeeean to. we so sowwy." Football brings a lot of money to a college.
Reread it, the university already took severe swift action, one of the few times, I've heard of this severe and swift action from a university against a winning football program, I feel sorry for those not involved

Latest posts

Back