• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

thehesbomb

Trusted Member
I don't know if this is real. I watched it and it looks real. It supposedly happened last night. I can't find anything on the news about it but that doesn't mean much.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I tried to watch on my phone but couldn't really see what was going on. Somebody should open a suicide studio with proper lighting and cameras so these freaks can get the attention they desire.

/b/ doesn't archive anything, and any new threads that have been created about this are being immediately 404'd. It's rumored that an 80-year-old man died in the blaze as well. Some say OP is dead, some say he's survived, and others say it's not yet been confirmed.

This is the story allegedly connected to the incident:
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/11/30/1-killed-in-spring-garden-fire/
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/r...om-fire-in-Spring-Garden/stories/201311300152

There's a name and profile floating around, and it looks like him, but I don't know that it's real.

Still nothing but this is probably as close to "fairly accurate" as we get for now:
A long-time user of 4chan’s notorious /b/ imageboard apparently attempted to take his own life in a fire Saturday night while 200 people watched on a live video stream.

The 20-year-old, identified only as “Stephen,” announced on the anonymous board that he intended to commit suicide—or “an hero,” in the parlance of /b/.

“As an oldfag who’s been on 4chan since 2004, I thought I would finally give back to the community,” he wrote. “I am willing to an hero on cam for you all.”

Another user responded by setting up a video chatroom on streaming website Chateen. Stephen joined in with the username LOLDoge, a reference to a meme featuring a photo of a Shiba Inu dog that’s recently been popular on /b/.

With 200 viewers—the maximum allowed on Chateen—watching him, and even more clamoring to get in, Stephen downed a combination of vodka and unidentified pills. He set a small fire in the corner of his room and crawled under his bed. The camera was still running.

In a video of the incident, still available on LiveLeak (NSFW), the room fills up with smoke and Stephen apparently starts to burn.

“#imdead #omgimonfire,” he typed from under the bed.

“I’m fuck3d.”

But Stephen wasn’t dead. At least, not yet. The video also captured firefighters entering the room and pulling him out.

Some /b/ users believe Stephen is a student at the University of Guelph, in Ontario, Canada. According to the Guelph Mercury, one person was injured in a dorm room fire on the university campus. That victim is now at Guelph General Hospital with “serious, but non-life threatening” injuries.
[...]

Stephen has quickly become a legend on /b/, earning the nickname “Toaster Stephen,” as 4channers speculate about whether he survived the incident.
http://www.dailydot.com/news/4chan-stephen-house-fire-livestream/

Still nothing but this is probably as close to "fairly accurate" as we get for now:

Thank you SO much Dakota. I watched this at 3:00 A.M. and I've been awake since, wondering if this (stupid ass) kid is still alive.

Dakota Moore aka Toaster Steve on YouTube:

And I'd just like to add that I feel very, VERY sorry for the poor schmuck whose name and profiles have been floating around since last night. (In case you haven't guessed, his first name is Stephen.)

And I'd just like to add that I feel very, VERY sorry for the poor schmuck whose name and profiles have been floating around since last night. (In case you haven't guessed, his first name is Stephen.)
I don't feel sorry for him. As a 4Chan regular, he had to have known that his name and everything about him would become common knowledge ... no matter what the outcome was.

I don't feel sorry for him. As a 4Chan regular, he had to have known that his name and everything about him would become common knowledge ... no matter what the outcome was.

Noooo... I mean I feel sorry for the Stephen whose name has been being passed around. He's just some poor lookalike who has nothing to do with this. Toaster Steve isn't really a Stephen.

Insane. I'm glad they found him. No doubt it had to do with the text he sent before and the cam he had going throughout

My first question was what drugs was he on, then I saw the alcohol bottle and realized that is was alcohol and drugs. Another media whore.

My first question was what drugs was he on, then I saw the alcohol bottle and realized that is was alcohol and drugs. Another media whore.
Thankfully this media whore didn't set out to kill a whole bunch of people like they often do these days.

Anyone else notice how this fell on the anniversary of the MySpace "you BROKE my LIFE" suicide kid? That had to have been one of the sickest and funniest memes in the history of the Internet.

You want to use your Christmas one? I can see if @Whisper will give me one of her cats. I read she was getting ready to terrorize them with Santa hats!

I just had to Urban Dictionary a shitload of words. Oldfag, /b/, an hero.... I thought I understood the Internet, what the hell is this!

Notice the grinding of the mouth the twitching of the nose either he's on the coke or he is on that bath salts, molly or ecstasy that shit has people doing all types of fucked up shit this is the craziest shit I've ever witnessed live.

Notice the grinding of the mouth the twitching of the nose either he's on the coke or he is on that bath salts, molly or ecstasy that shit has people doing all types of fucked up shit this is the craziest shit I've ever witnessed live.

He washed down a bottle of pills with vodka. You could expect there to be a few side effects.

He washed down a bottle of pills with vodka. You could expect there to be a few side effects.
He was twitching and having what I call drug effects at the beginning makes you wonder if his state of mind was super altered by the time he came up with this idea it's just crazy and scary my kids are growing up already and at 18 and 16 this is a new worry for a parent like me.

He was twitching and having what I call drug effects at the beginning makes you wonder if his state of mind was super altered by the time he came up with this idea it's just crazy and scary my kids are growing up already and at 18 and 16 this is a new worry for a parent like me.

I'd assume he took some of the pills before the camera started rolling -- perhaps as a means of calming his nerves. Some people get stage fright, you know.

Back