• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
1ieogn.jpg

Ray McDonald is booked by the San Jose Police Department on charges of domestic violence.
2ijsww7.jpg

San Francisco 49ers defensive end Ray McDonald allegedly assaults his pregnant fiancée.​
Just days after the NFL announced harsher penalties for players accused of domestic violence, the league has its first case on its hands with 49ers defensive end Ray MacDonald.

MacDonald was arrested early Sunday morning for felony domestic violence involving his pregnant fiancée,
[...]
The victim reportedly had bruises on her arms and neck, according to a law enforcement
[...]
At approximately 2 a.m. local time, San Jose police were called to MacDonald's house, where he was celebrating his 30th birthday with 49ers teammates Vernon Davis and Demarcus Dobbs.
Cops booked MacDonald on charges of “inflicting injury on a spouse or cohabitant,” according to Santa Clara Department of Corrections records
[...]
No bail has been set so far.
49ers General Manager refrained from commentating on the allegations against MacDonald until further information is available, but told
[....]
the team takes "such matters" seriously.

MacDonald's arrest comes on the heels of the NFL’s new disciplinary guidelines involving domestic violence, which call for a six-game suspension under a first offense followed by a lifetime ban for any repeat offenders.
League commissioner Roger Goodell made the announcement
[...]
after acknowlegding he’d mishandled the Ray Rice case. Rice, a running back for the Baltimore Ravens, received a two-game suspension after video surfaced of him allegedly knocking his then-fiancée unconcious and dragging her limp body out of an Atlantic City hotel elevator.

“I take responsibility both for the decision and for ensuring that our actions in the future properly reflect our values,”
[...]
“I didn’t get it right. Simply put, we have to do better. And we will.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...e-againast-pregnant-fiancee-article-1.1923046

I'm glad to hear he waited until after the mandatory minimum penalty changed. I liked Ray Rice and the Ravens, but Goodell pissed me off with that 2 game bs.
I say fine him the pay from those 6 games and give it to the victim.

I'm glad to hear he waited until after the mandatory minimum penalty changed. I liked Ray Rice and the Ravens, but Goodell pissed me off with that 2 game bs.
I say fine him the pay from those 6 games and give it to the victim.
Only if she doesn't date him anymore. We all know that some women will continue to stay. They should offer rigorous therapy for both parties.

Hopefully for 49er fans this guy didn't smoke any pot. Hit your wife, miss a few games, hit a joint, say goodbye to your season. NFL sending some great messages.

Back