• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
Pics of the evil guru at source: http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/27/400-m...elieving-it-would-help-them-meet-god-5082965/

Cause sure, that makes sense. :facepalm:

A man dubbed ‘the guru in bling’ allegedly convinced up to 400 men to cut off their own testicles so it would bring them closer to God. Ouch.

Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, who has an estimated net worth of $40 (£26) million and has 50 million followers worldwide, is head of the socio-spiritual organisation Dera Sacha Sauda. He also stars in films.

And the preacher allegedly convinced up to 400 men to carry out castrations on themselves because it would bring them closer to God.

The procedures, which witnesses say were conducted at a hospital owned by Singh, took place around the year 2000 but are coming to light because those involved are speaking out for the first time, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.

Singh was charged with conspiracy involving the murder of an investigative journalist in 2002 and several female followers claim he sexually assaulted them but he has never been convicted.

The current case was brought by India’s Central Bureau of Investigation, who accuse Singh of grievous bodily harm.​

"Convinced over 400 men to cut off their own testicles" didn't make me think that the castrations were carried out in hospital. Way to make this story sound much more interesting than it is, Metro UK.

This Guru is brilliant. He's trying to rid the world of dumb people. Now these guys won't reproduce anymore, genius!

Don't believe anything anyone says. Seriously, you need to vet that shit rigorously whatever it is. Since something that subjective can't be vetted in the conventional sense and your intuition is nonexistent (much like your diety), just pass on it whatever it is.

"Convinced over 400 men to cut off their own testicles" didn't make me think that the castrations were carried out in hospital. Way to make this story sound much more interesting than it is, Metro UK.

I hear you, but at the same time the fact that it was done in hospital actually makes it even weirder. How did the doctors and nurses square their participation in this with their Hippocratic oath?

And if this is the reason they gave why would the health services approve the charges?

I hear you, but at the same time the fact that it was done in hospital actually makes it even weirder. How did the doctors and nurses square their participation in this with their Hippocratic oath?
Maybe they were all adherents to the cult?

And if this is the reason they gave why would the health services approve the charges?

The article stated the hospital is owned by the cult leader himself. I'm assuming workers were aware of their boss/owner endorsing the castrations, maybe F.O.C.? :shrug:

400 wethers running about, finally finding their voices.:singing:

Fucking awesome. Hale-bop comet shit right here, creepily hilarious and interesting.

Same way they square away removing genitals from sex change patients. Elective plastic surgery has a great deal of range. I don't see the big deal here on the hospitals part.

Why should a doctor concern himself with someones religious beliefs? They wouldn't scoff at a grown adult, perhaps a convert to Judaism, coming in and under their own free will saying, "i want my foreskin cut off". This is more extreme of course, but it's the same thing at heart, just a grown adult desiring an alteration to their genitals for religious reasons. It's not a doctors place to speculate as to the truth of someones chosen religion.

The current case was brought by India’s Central Bureau of Investigation, who accuse Singh of grievous bodily harm.

Did he personally cut off anyoens testicles or somehow force them to do it?

What a load of absolute shit. Some idiots bought into his nonsense and CHOSE to do this, now they're crying foul 15 years later and charges are being filed? This is fucking disgusting.

Well another meaning to "don't drink the Cool aide"! 400 men did something that they were to do! I can't believe it! I can't even get my 17 year old to take out the trash! I'm not saying that what they did was OK I just want to know what his method was so I can quit having to repeat myself day after day to my son of the same crap he's been expected to do for the last 5 years!

Maybe they can send all those balls to the Russians, they appear to be in desperate need. ;)

If they were stupid enough to fall for whatever crap he was spewing out of his mouth it's better that they can't reproduce, the world already has enough stupid.

...and several female followers claim he sexually assaulted them but he has never been convicted.

I see what he did there. He's just trying to reduce the competition amongst the faithful. With a shortage of "functional" male followers, the resulting surplus of horny female followers are ripe for the picking. Some of them might not even press charges this time.

I really need to become a minister and start my own on-line church or something. Clearly, that's the way to make millions.

It used to blow my mind how people would give hundreds or thousands of dollars to religious groups - now people are giving testicles! Obviously, there is no end to what people will do for their spiritual adviser.

If somebody asked me to give a nut for God, I'd be like, "Sorry, see you in Hell." (though apparently I'm already going there because of my sexual desires, according to another post on this site...)

I really need to become a minister and start my own on-line church or something
As a joke I got my certificate about a year ago, yup, I'm an online accredited minister and can actually perform marriage ceremonies and shit in PA, if you'd like I can teach you. Of course I would have to learn WTF to do because I filled out the shit as a joke and I have no idea about any of it, but I'd be happy to teach you everything I know;)

As a joke I got my certificate about a year ago, yup, I'm an online accredited minister and can actually perform marriage ceremonies and shit in PA

Actually, I too got one of those ordained minister things online, but I haven't done anything with it yet. I forget which church it came from, I need to search online and see if I can find them again. It was some sort of quasi-religions one-size-fits-all type of thing.

So I don't really consider myself a 'minister' (hence my original response), cause...well, I'm not doing anything with it. But now, with this testicle thing going on, I know I can do better than that, so I now have some motivation to get this thing moving. Hell, maybe that could be a selling point for my ministry: "I don't ask for a testicle, just give me ten bucks."

But hey, if you have any info to pass on, please do! You sound like you may have more knowledge than I. :) Thanks.

I actually knew someone personally that was in that cult and committed suicide when the comet went by.

Got any stories about em? Their behavior leading up to it, how they changed after joining the cult, that sort of thing?

That's some interesting shit that comet cult, fucking madness.

Latest posts

Back