• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2nd fucking story of a dead toddler in Brooklyn Ive done in 30 munutes WTF???
8zft36.jpg

Poseidon Quinones​
Bronx toddler dead, police investigating trauma found on body
[...]
death of a 3-year-old in the Bronx is being investigated in the Bronx.

Police responded to a 911 call around 2 a.m. Saturday about an unconscious child at a home
[...]
the New York City Police Department, they found Poseidon Quinones, who lived in the home, unresponsive with evidence of trauma to his head and neck.
Sources said his grandmother called 911.
He was taken to Lincoln Hospital and pronounced dead.
[...]
http://7online.com/news/3-year-olds-death-in-bronx-home-under-investigation/396636/

Cops were investigating the death of a 3-year-old boy after his grandmother discovered him unconscious in the Bronx
[...]

Little Poseidon Quinones' tragic death came just hours after a 2-year-old girl in Brooklyn was declared dead after being violently shaken by her stepfather, police said.
[...]

boy's grandmother told police she called for help immediately after she checked on him in the middle of the night and found him unresponsive in their E. 163rd St. apartment near Teller Ave. in Morrisania around 1:40 a.m., authorities said.
[....]

officers arrived they found the tot unconscious with what appeared to be bruises on his head, shoulders and hips, police sources said.

Emergency responders rushed the boy to Lincoln Medical Center, but he could not be saved.

Poseidon's 5-year-old brother, who was not injured, was also taken to Lincoln Medical Center for observation,
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/bronx-boy-3-brooklyn-girl-2-dead-article-1.2011987

Hmmmm.....maybe I'm just cynical mixed with being on this site too long, however either way my question is this. If I'm going to check on my 3 yo at 2a.m. I'm probably going to peek in, maybe go to the bed and rub his head. If he was unconscious, how would I know he wasn't just sleeping?
On top of the trauma to multiple body parts.......the people in that house knew he was injured! :mad:

Last edited:
I would like to know more about this. Like did the little boy live with his gramma? Was she babysitting? I really hate to think she could've done this.

Was he living with Grandma? I'm a little confused. Did Granny live elsewhere and came to visit, and found little one near death? Where's mom? There's no mention of her. The little one was only 3; who leaves a 3 year old alone? Must've been living with Granny. I'm thoroughly confused.

I also have a toothache which is messing with my reading comprehension, that's why I'm confused.

nope I agree I have an almost 2yo and a 4yo gbaby and when I go and check them 100xs a night I only make sure they are covered
I don't get down and check bruising or battering
I wanna know who had him lastnight and put him to bed??
not going to jump on Grandma because I have gone over and watched mine a million times after they have been put to bed

Last edited:
mhso79.jpg

where they found him dead
last update was only 1 minute ago and its not changed yet​

Last edited:
Little Poseidon Quinones' tragic death came just hours after a 2-year-old girl in Brooklyn was declared dead after being violently shaken by her stepfather, police said.
[...]

Fuck - This poor kid was destined for a short life with the name, Poseidon ..

he lived with grandma and she put him to bed

The police are investigating the death of a 3-year-old boy in the Bronx after his grandmother found him unconscious in his bed early Saturday morning
[...]
Poseidon’s grandmother, who was not identified, told the police that she had put him to bed around 7 p.m. on Friday at her apartment on East 163rd Street, near Teller Avenue, and then went to check on him around 1:40 a.m. She called the police after finding him unresponsive
[...]
The New York City medical examiner is investigating the cause of the boy’s death.
The police said that Poseidon had been living with his grandmother in the Melrose neighborhood while his parents resolved a custody issue over claims of improper child care.
On Saturday afternoon, neighbors said that they had only recently started seeing Poseidon, and that there were two other children living in the apartment. Their relationship to Poseidon and his grandmother was not immediately clear.
[....]
Mirtha Banegas, 49, said the grandmother took good care of the children. “She would defend them
[...]
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/16/nyregion/police-investigate-death-of-boy-3-in-the-bronx.html?_r=0

o_O at u grandma!!
Unless u happened to miss his bruising all over his body and head during each bath, daily! If someone else did it and u "recently" took custody, fuck u for not getting him to the ER.
Yep, I said it. Multiple fails for sweet Poseidon. I'm sorry dear, but be pain free from now on.

Police said Poseidon had bruises on his body that are considered definite signs of trauma.

As of mid-morning Saturday, police did not know how the bruises got there.

Police told 1010 WINS Poseidon’s grandmother also found vomit in his mouth.

A neighbor said the grandmother claimed the boy was sick all day Friday and fell out of bed.

“They rushed him to the ambulance. There was no movement in the body; no life. They were pushing down on the body; he was very still,” the neighbor said. “And the grandmother said she didn’t know it was such a serious thing; she knew he was throwing up all day; he was sick, but he had no fever.”

But circumstances remained unclear Saturday, and people who live in the area were in disbelief.

“Around 2 o’clock, we heard a big, loud scream and didn’t know what it was,” neighbor Luis Ramos said.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/11/15/boy-3-found-dead-with-bruises-in-bronx-apartment/

Man Charged In Death Of 3-Year-Old Bronx Boy
[...]
man was arrested and charged Thursday night in the death of a 3-year-old boy whose body was found with bruises
[...]
Fernando Yensi, 33, was charged with manslaughter of a person less than 11 in the death of Poseidon Quinones
[...]

Police did not specify the relationship, if any, between Yensi and the boy.
Poseidon was found unresponsive with bruises on his head and all over his body in his paternal grandmother’s Soundview apartment
[....]
His grandmother, who had custody of the child, called 911.
“By the time they got him to the ambulance, he was already gone,” said neighbor Rashida Muhammad. “They were trying very hard to revive him, but I could see in the ambulance that his body
[...]
The New York City Medical Examiner’s office ruled that Poseidon’s death was caused by blunt trauma to the torso with abdominal injuries and said the manner of death was homicide.
Poseidon’s mother said she lost custody of her son after a dispute with the boy’s father. She alleges that the grandmother had been abusing the boy.
[...]
said they heard the grandmother telling paramedics that he had been sick the day he died.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/11...death-of-3-year-old-bronx-boy-ruled-homicide/

Bronx boy, who died in grandmother’s care, was killed by stepgrandfather: authorities
Fernando Yensi, 33, faces a charge of manslaughter of a person under the age of 11 in the death of Poseidon Quinones, who died Saturday, officials said. It was not clear why Yensi allegedly attacked the boy. The boy was living with his grandmother because his parents lost custody of him.
21ygpd.jpg

Fernando Yensi is led from the police station Thursday​
[...]
3-year-old Bronx boy who was pulled from his parents’ care only to be beaten to death in his grandmother’s home was killed by his stepgrandfather
[...]
Fernando Yensi, 33, faces a charge of manslaughter of a person under age 11 in the death of Poseidon Quinones.

Little Poseidon died Saturday
[...]
An autopsy revealed trauma to his midsection and significant blows to his stomach killed him, said a spokeswoman for the city’s Medical Examiner said.

It was not immediately revealed why Yensi allegedly attacked the boy.

Poseidon’s grandmother, identified by sources as Madeline Yensi, 46, called police from her apartment
[...]
She said she called for help immediately after she checked on him as he slept and found him unconscious.
[...]
Poseidon was taken away from his mother, Ashley Ramirez, 21, in September after she fought with the toddler’s father in front of their child.

In October, the city removed Poseidon from his father’s custody when he was caught panhandling on the street with his son
[...]
Ramirez was infuriated upon learning about the arrest, claiming death for the killer would be too light a punishment for taking her beloved “God king.”

“(Burning in hell) will be too easy for him,”
[...]
“I knew if they put my son in that home, that they would kill my baby. I’ve been saying that from the jump and now my baby is dead. He was murdered.”

Ramirez said she begged ACS officials to place him in foster care rather than the grandmother’s custody, alleging the woman had abused children in the past.
[....]
also said she believes Poseidon’s own grandmother covered up for Yensi.

No charges had been filed against Madeline Yensi on Thursday night.

“I want to know why she was not arrested,”
[...]
An ACS spokesman declined comment on the specifics of Poseidon’s case, citing agency policy.

“Each day, ACS encounters complex family circumstances that call for difficult decisions to be made to keep children safe,” ACS spokesman Christopher McKniff said. “Whenever possible, ACS tries to keep families intact by exploring noncustodial parents and other family members as potential caretakers for children.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...x-boy-living-grandma-police-article-1.2018566
2whq9s3.jpg

Poseidon Quinones was living with his grandmother because his parents lost custody of him.​

Last edited:
A 33 year old step-grandfather? Yeah, no thanks. ANd he looks like a mean motherfucker to boot.

Also, there seems like there should be more to why he was removed from his parents. So often we read about the ridiulous multitude of chance that CPS gives and this article makes it look like they both each had a relatively minor misstep and CPS took him, I just have a feeling there is more to that. I always get irritated when a parent who has lost custody bitches about CPS doing their job, I want to grab them and shake them and remind them that THEIR behavior got the child taken away, no one elses. Sorry, pet peeve of mine...

yeah thats what you do
pick people that have beat the dad when he was small and a woman thats been ruled a 'inadequate guardian' and lets give them a kid

Step-grandfather, 33, charged with the beating death of three-year-old 'also abused the boy's dad when he was young'
  • Poseidon Quinones, 3, died Saturday of blunt trauma to the torso
  • Found unresponsive in his bed at his grandmother's Bronx apartment
  • Fernando Yensi, 33, his grandmother's husband, charged with manslaughter
  • Poseidon's father, Benjamin Quinones, 23, claims Yensi hit him as a child
  • Grandmother Madeline Yensi, 46, was previously found to be an 'inadequate guardian'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...old-abused-boy-s-dad-young.html#ixzz3JllkG2hH

fucking cunt deserves to be sitting right beside this cock sucker in jail
Grandma of dead 3-year-old boy flips out in court when told suspected killer — her husband — may be denied bail
Madeline Yensi, 46, became outraged when the defense attorney said he didn’t know if suspect Fernando Yensi, 33, could post bail. Prosecutors believe Fernando beat 3-year-old Poseidon before he was found dead in his grandmother's home.

[...]
grandmother of the 3-year-old boy who died after being beaten in her Bronx home flipped out in court Friday in defense of the child’s alleged killer — her husband —
[...]
Madeline Yensi, 46, became outraged when defense attorney John Sandleitner said he didn’t know if suspect Fernando Yensi, 33, could post bail.
[...]
officers took her outside as her spouse pleaded not guilty to manslaughter charges in the beating of his stepgrandson, Poseidon Quinones, two days before the child succumbed on Nov. 15,
[...]
Yensi beat Poseidon at about 11 p.m. on Nov. 13, bludgeoning the boy in the midsection and causing abdominal injuries that led to his death
[...]
Sandleitner said Yensi is innocent and was “genuinely crying” when he recalled the time he got Poseidon his first Christmas tree.

“I really don’t think this guy did it,” the lawyer said. “He’s the easy mark, and I think he’s the dupe. I really do.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-3-year-old-boy-flips-court-article-1.2019937

“I really don’t think this guy did it,” the lawyer said. “He’s the easy mark, and I think he’s the dupe. I really do.”
Then who did it? It's a legitimate question. If it wasn't him then who beat this child to death?

A woman whose 3-year-old son was fatally beaten in his grandmother’s Bronx apartment plans to sue the city and the ACS, which placed the child with the relative, for $25 million.

Ashley Ramirez, who lost custody of son Poseidon Quinones after a domestic dispute in 2013, told The Post the boy “was everything to me.”
[...]
It says the city’s Administration for Children’s Services knew there was a history of substantiated child abuse at the Morrisania home of Madeline Yensi, the mother of the tragic boy’s father.

Ramirez says she “begged” ACS to place Poseidon with different foster parents.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/03/mom-of-child-beaten-to-death-plans-to-sue-city-and-acs/

told The Post the boy “was everything to me.”
But not enough that she had him back in her home.

I'm sorry, I lose sympathy when the parents don't have custody due to wrong doing. It could be a case of CPS overreaching but she and the father could just totally suck.

But not enough that she had him back in her home.

I'm sorry, I lose sympathy when the parents don't have custody due to wrong doing. It could be a case of CPS overreaching but she and the father could just totally suck.
yep me too
you have parents that will move heaven and earth to get their kids back
then you have others that lose them to drinking and drugs and its like the kids never existed because they dont even mention them or attempt to see them or carry on a parental relationship!!!
and just keep on drinking & drugging and plays the pity party card and whines their way through life

It says the city’s Administration for Children’s Services knew there was a history of substantiated child abuse at the Morrisania home of Madeline Yensi, the mother of the tragic boy’s father.

Ramirez says she “begged” ACS to place Poseidon with different foster parents.

She might not have been a prize mother, but she knew the father's mother would be worse....

I have to admit, I feel sorry for her.

I feel sorry for this baby...the one who endured the physical pain from being beat up by a full-grown man, a man he should have been able to trust, he must have felt so alone and scared, I wish I could hug that kid right now

Cute story, kind of related but not entirely. My youngest just figured out yesterday that his father is older than my father-in-law. He did one of these:confused::eek: o_OIt's the Hubby's stepfather but I don't consider him my stepfather-in-law, he's my father-in-law.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for this baby...the one who endured the physical pain from being beat up by a full-grown man, a man he should have been able to trust, he must have felt so alone and scared, I wish I could hug that kid right now

I think it was even worse. I think he suffered at the hands of his grandmother, too. His grandmother.

Such a fucking trail of losers the mother who got caught fighting with dad in front of the child and obviously never corrected her actions to regain custody and is now looking for a fucking pay out SMFH, a dad who was panhandling with his small toddler and obviously couldn't get his shit together enough to get this little guy back, and a grandmother who is known for abuse and allowing her 14 years her junior husband beat not only her son when he was young (what age did she start fucking the hubby that he was beating her 20 something year old son when he was a kid) but also her grandchild at which point she covered up for him? I am going to be a grandma for the first time in 3 months and nothing in this world would come before him not dick not money not fame so fuck this douchey old perverted lady who obviously doesn't give two shits about her family but is outraged her dick has no bail.

He was very cute and he seemed happy. He didn't have to soulless eyes of an abused child.

As hard as it is to believe, there actually are parents who just don't have what it takes to be parents. No amount of trying is going to make them parent material. But that doesn't mean they don't love their children. Sometimes they love them dearly. When that happens, the children certainly suffer, and they probably don't develop the skills they will need to be adults, let alone parents themselves, but they don't get that haunted, dead-eyed look. They may even feel relatively happy.

I don't know if this is the case with this poor child's mother, but it could be. And if it is, and he was taken from a loving, if incompetent parent only to be placed with loveless demons, this story is even more tragic than it first appeared.

Back