• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
1554a61.jpg

A man was accused of killing his parents after their bodies were found in a freezer at their Oregon home by police who twice checked on them but were deterred by notes saying the family was away, authorities said Thursday.

Jeremy Daniel Ringquist, 38, was jailed on two counts of aggravated murder in the deaths of Randy and Karen Ringquist, whom he lived with in Springfield, police Sgt. Rich Charboneau said.

Officers went to the house 110 miles south of Portland twice in recent weeks after an out-of-state relative couldn't reach the family and asked police to check on them. The first time was June 15, the second was Monday. Each time, notes on the door said the family was gone.

An officer returned Tuesday. As he knocked, a man inside called 911 and asked for a police negotiator.

More officers arrived and forced their way in when the caller did not come to the door. Jeremy Ringquist was found bleeding from injuries believed to be self-inflicted, police said. Paramedics took him to the hospital.

Investigators obtained a search warrant and discovered the two bodies in a chest-style freezer. Charboneau said detectives believe the bodies are those of the missing couple.

Police have not said how the parents were killed or how long they were dead....

Neighbors told The Register-Guard newspaper that the son moved in with his parents about six months ago following a divorce. They said the family had a tumultuous relationship, with the 63-year-old father often verbally abusive toward his wife and son.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...es-in-freezer_n_7666566.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

They said the family had a tumultuous relationship, with the 63-year-old father often verbally abusive toward his wife and son.

Poor guy, sounds like the old bastards had it coming. :shrug:

The first time was June 15, the second was Monday. Each time, notes on the door said the family was gone.
Seriously? That plan actually worked for him for a time?

I would never have thought that tacking a note to the door would deter the cops not just once but twice.

Seriously? That plan actually worked for him for a time?

I would never have thought that tacking a note to the door would deter the cops not just once but twice.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm picturing myself standing over a dead body, perhaps partially dismembered, when I realize the job at hand is just too big to complete in an hour or two. So now I know I can just hang a "Gone Fishin'" sign on the door, and nobody will bother me til I'm done. Damn, why didn't somebody think of this before?

Back