• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Breeann Rodriquez, 3, missing in Missouri; parents deny wrongdoing
Breeann Rodriguez -- remember that name. She's a 3-year-old girl from Senath, Mo., who disappeared Saturday while riding her pink bike and playing outside with her 5-year-old brother. The bike's training wheels have since been found in heavy brush several miles from her home, but there has been no other sign of her.

In a cycle that has become all-too familar, a search by state and federal law enforcement officials has been launched by land and by air, and with dogs. There have been prayers, vigils, scores of volunteers taking to the streets to search, and $45,000 in reward money. And CNN's Nancy Grace has taken up the case.

While officials are operating under the assumption that it is an abduction -- local station KFVS reports a search for an older model white cargo van in connection with the case -- the investigation has also focused on the parents, Edgar Rodriguez and his wife, Claudia Ramos. Both were administered lie detector tests. The father openly conceded to Nancy Grace that he and his wife were told that they failed the tests.

However, ABC news reports that he thinks it might have been a ploy: "I don't believe we really did fail it. It may be some kind of tool they use to squeeze every bit of information out of us....I don't really know. But they said we did fail it," Rodriguez said.
[..]
In emotional pleas to the media, Ramos said: "I really want to hold her and tell her she's my princess," and added this message: "Bring her back to me." Breeann's father also offered a message: "I realize poeple make mistakes....I don't care where you drop her off at, just make sure somebody can get ahold of her and bring her home."
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nat...sing-in-missouri-parents-deny-wrongdoing.html

..."I really want to hold her and tell her she's my princess," and added this message: "Bring her back to me." Breeann's father also offered a message: "I realize poeple make mistakes....I don't care where you drop her off at, just make sure somebody can get ahold of her and bring her home."
Christ. poor father.
My 3yo is about to turn 4. I'm at a loss for words thinking on what it would be like not knowing where my child is, taken like this....
helpless, not knowing...i can imagine but I know it's not even close. hope I never know such a thing.

The area chief of police has said they are cleared. I don't know why the media keeps reporting and re-reporting what the father says. I DO NOT blame the FBI for trying to rattle him and telling him he failed. A child is missing, FFS. Rattle everyone and everything and move on.

Something like four posts ago:
"The dad said that," Karnes said. " There is no proof on that. No law enforcement has said that."

The area chief of police has said they are cleared. I don't know why the media keeps reporting and re-reporting what the father says. I DO NOT blame the FBI for trying to rattle him and telling him he failed. A child is missing, FFS. Rattle everyone and everything and move on.
Something like four posts ago:
oh, I agree. but there is more interest to report in saying they said they failed the test and that he says he doesn't know why as he believes they did not fail it.
My feeling is they are not part of Bree's disappearance but what do I know, only that I want them so bad NOT to be guilty, (I keep thinking of Terri Horman). so agree the FBI should do what is necessary to get the info they need out of those closest to Breeann so NO surprise if they are rattling him and everyone. I find it interesting that the father says he's 100% sure those are her training wheels. Could mean nothing at all only that he is sure of it. I'd HATE to be in their position guilty OR innocent.
I wonder what we don't know? maybe there's a very good reason to rattle him. like something not released to the media.

Damn! Damn! Damn!
Dunklin County Sheriff Bob Holder and Senath Police Chief Omar Karnes say they have a suspect in custody in the case of missing 3-year-old Breeann Rodriguez. She was last seen riding her bike in front of her Senath home on August 6th.

The suspect has not yet been charged. Police say he is from the area and is not related to the family.

The Dunklin County Major Case Squad, Missouri State Highway Patrol and the Missouri Department of Conservation are searching for the girl's body and her bicycle in an undisclosed area of Dunklin County.
http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/271682/3/Suspect-held-in-Breeann-Rodriguez-case

Investigators are no longer interested in the white cargo van that was seen before Rodriguez’s disappearance.
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Poli...he-case-of-missing-3-year-old--127651443.html

Press conference set about suspect in missing Senath girl case
12:13pm
SENATH, MO (KAIT) - Police in Dunklin County have a suspect in custody in the case of missing 3-year-old Breeann Rodriguez, and are set to hold a press conference at Noon in Kennett.

Police say the suspect is from the Senath or surrounding area and is not related to the family. The suspect is being held at the Dunklin County Justice Center pending formal charges. There is no more information on the identity of the suspect available. The man's name is being withheld pending formal charges.

Police say even though a suspect is in custody, Breeann is still missing.

[..]
http://www.kait8.com/story/15227946/press-conference-set-about-suspect-in-missing-senath-girl-case

This story scares the heck out of me. So many times I've left my eldest (almost 10 yrs. old) outside with the littler ones to run in to switch laundry or get something, to turn around & find him in the house. Why'd you leave the girls out by themselves, I'll ask him! He'll say, I wanted to come in, I told them to come in too and they won't. This is after telling him 1000 times to NEVER leave them out there alone even for a minute. I let the 2 oldest (9 & 6) play outside without me; I can see them out the windows (and hear them!), but I never leave the girls out alone - the 6 yr. old is too flighty and the 3 yr. old too young. This town is pretty small (2000 pop.) and we live on a back road but ours is a 'side' yard and anyone driving by can see the kids from a 1/4 of a mile away.

I had so hoped for a good outcome in this case but when they didn't find Breeann within the first couple of days, I figured it wouldn't be good. So sad.

20110813-11.jpg
The neighbor of three-year-old Breann Rodriguez has been formally charged in the child's disappearance and death.

According to Prosecuting Attorney for Dunklin County, Stephen P. Sokoloff, who spoke at a press conference around 1 p.m., Saturday, Shawn Morgan, 34, of Senath has been charged with the felony counts of First Degree Murder, Armed Criminal Action and Tampering with Physical evidence in connection to the missing child case that has been covered by local and national media since Saturday, August 6, the day little Breann was reported missing by her family.
[...]

Sokoloff said that it is charged that Morgan caused the death of Rodriguez by suffocating, but was unable to provide any further details. He was also unable to comment on whether or not Morgan had prior convictions or was a registered sex offender. The prosecutor did confirm that he was a neighbor of the young girl and her family who lives on Ode Johnson Street in Senath.
[...]

The prosecuting attorney did say that at this time in the investigation it is unlikely that anyone else will be charged in connection to the case and that the family has been notified of recent developments. He also added that as search teams conduct their investigation into locating the body of the young girl, any new developments will be released as they become available.

Damn it!

http://www.kait8.com/story/15227946/senath-man-charged-with-murder-of-breeann-rodriguez

SENATH, MO (KAIT) - According to Dunklin County Prosecuting Attorney Stephen Sokoloff, 43-year-old Shawn Morgan has been charged with first degree murder of 3-year-old Breeann Rodriguez. Morgan has also been charged with armed criminal action, tampering with physical evidence.

Police say Morgan is from the Senath and is not related to the family.

The Dunklin County Major Case Squad, Missouri State Highway Patrol, and the Missouri Department of Conservation are currently searching for the girl's body and her bicycle in an undisclosed area in Dunklin County.

I didn't find him on the sex offender registry.

God, I was hoping she would be found ok, but suspected that she probably wasn't ok if they hadn't found her in all this time. Why would this creep suffocate her? Did he sexually molest her first? I hope not, but I'd be willing to be that's what happened.

You just never know who it might be. A neighbor, probably someone the family never would have suspected, I'm thinking. The poor little thing. My heart breaks for her family. I hope this creep will at least tell them where her body can be found.

Rest in peace, little one.

Twas a neighbor who molested me once. I wonder, every now and then, what would've happened if I'd said yes when he asked if I was gonna tell anyone. You can't trust no one.

Twas a neighbor who molested me once. I wonder, every now and then, what would've happened if I'd said yes when he asked if I was gonna tell anyone. You can't trust no one.

Scarey thing is its almost always someone they know and lot of times its a neighbor
just goes to show if god forbid any of of us ever have to search for a child Ill start by storming through all my neighbors homes first
I have seen WAY to many times its someone on the block

Last edited:
A father of three has been charged with first-degree murder in the case of Breeann Rodriguez, the 3-year-old who went missing on Aug. 6 while riding her pink bicycle in her Senath, Mo., neighborhood.

Shawn S. Morgan, 34, sits in the Dunklin County Jail, awaiting an arraignment that has yet to be scheduled, Dunklin County Sheriff's Department spokesman Mike McCammon said this afternoon.
[...]

Morgan was quietly arrested around 11 p.m. Friday, said Debra Miller, who lives across the street and learned from someone else that her decade-long neighbor had been taken into police custody.

"Earlier we had noticed items being taken out of the house by the FBI," Miller, 51, said. "His wife just came over and said they were taking out computers and just bags of stuff. ... Of course she was upset but trying to believe the best."

Morgan worked in a steel factory in nearby Blytheville, Ark., Miller said.

"Our street is a dead-end street. We watch after each other's children. Our grandchildren have been here all summer," she said. "This is so shocking. It's hard to believe. ... He's such a small-built man, about 5'6," maybe 130 or 140 popunds, real meek. And just always seemed like a real nice guy."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/breeann-rodriguez-missing-father-charged-murder/story?id=14297243

Suspect Charged With Murder In Missouri Girl's Disappearance

story.breeann.rodriguez.kfvs.jpg

A 43-year-old Missouri man has been charged with first-degree murder in the disappearance of a 3-year-old girl last seen a week ago riding her bicycle, the Dunklin County prosecuting attorney said Saturday.
Shawn Morgan of Senath has also been charged with armed criminal action and tampering with physical evidence, according to Dunklin County Prosecuting Attorney Stephen Sokoloff.

"It is charged that Morgan caused the death of (Breeann Rodriguez) by suffocating her," Sokoloff said in a statement.

The suspect is being held at the Dunklin County Justice Center.

Morgan lives in the same neighborhood as the girl, the statement said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/13/missouri.missing.girl/index.html?iref=NS1

Last edited:
Did I miss where they found the body? First degree murder requires a body. Obviously he confessed, but it seems like a body recovery would be paramount.

"such a small, meek, nice, quiet man." yeah and the most dangerous. How many times has he jerked off watching her ride her bike or play in the yard while watching between a crack in the blinds? How bad is a persons reality when they focus on a child for a sexual outlet? His fantasy grew to fruition when the opportunity came about. God only knows what happened before she died.

Did I miss where they found the body? First degree murder requires a body. Obviously he confessed, but it seems like a body recovery would be paramount.

"such a small, meek, nice, quiet man." yeah and the most dangerous. How many times has he jerked off watching her ride her bike or play in the yard while watching between a crack in the blinds? How bad is a persons reality when they focus on a child for a sexual outlet? His fantasy grew to fruition when the opportunity came about. God only knows what happened before she died.

Nope, I just tried to find if they have located the body and they haven't. they removed a bunch of crap from the house though, wonder if this is going to be on of those grisly body disposal things..ugh..

I think I read his (perp) wife was at the scene when the FBI was removing stuff, so was she and their kids living there as well? wonder what the f#$k was going on in that house... maybe it was hell house all along.

Looks like they are still searching as of today. Obviously this guy is playing games or he would have told them right where to go.
They outht to hold a blowtorch to his ass until he tells.

According to Dunklin County Prosecuting Attorney Stephen Sokoloff, Shawn Morgan, 43, of Senath, has been charged with first degree murder of 3-year-old Breeann Rodriguez. Morgan has also been charged with armed criminal action and tampering with physical evidence.

"Morgan is charged with causing the death of Breeann Rodriguez, 3-years old, also of Senath, by suffocating her," said Sokoloff. "The charge is that he did this on August 6th, the day that she went missing."

Senath Police Chief Omar Karnes told Region 8 News shortly before 8:00 Saturday night that search efforts for Breeann's body had been called off. He said the search will continue Sunday morning.

Sokoloff told reporters in a news conference that Morgan suffocated Rodriguez. Sokoloff said it would be inappropriate to comment on the details of the investigation. Sokoloff said search crews are still looking for Rodriguez. According to a news release from the Dunklin County Sheriff's Office, authorities are searching in an undisclosed part of Dunklin County.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/15227946...h-murder-of-breeann-rodriguez?redirected=true

Senath residents react to charges

SENATH, MO (KAIT) - The search continued by water on Sunday as emergency officials from all over Missouri covered the water by boat and divers for missing toddler Breeann Rodriguez.
[...]
"I was just shocked. I couldn't believe that it was somebody in this town where I know everybody," say Barbara Butler, who has lived in Senath since 1992 and lives near the Rodriguez home. Butler says that this case has changed the way she thinks of her two grandchildren's safety, "We used to let her not get away from us (in the grocery store) but let her go to another aisle, but now we make her hold our hand and she's not allowed out of our sight."

Sherry Flood grew up in Senath and said she has never felt like she had to worry about her kid's safety until now. "It's shocking, because I grew up here and was always able to do what I wanted to do," says Flood, "I never had to worry somebody was going to take my kids."

Flood brought her children to the park on Sunday to lay a flower on the tribute set up in that park for Breeann and says she wants to show her support for the family. "Breeann's a part of us. We've followed this story since the day she went missing and she's part of us.
http://www.kait8.com/story/15264859/senath-residen

Motherfucking shit.
I just finished celebrating my son's 4th bday this weekend. I had little Breeann back of my thoughts as I was rather sure she would not turn up alive and get to celebrate her fourth, (damn that to hell). She hasn't turned up at all.....loathsome fuck.
he's what?
He's such a small-built man, about 5'6," maybe 130 or 140 popunds, real meek.
ok, so, let me at him. When I'm done with this little, disgusting fuck, he will talk---will beat his murdering ass unrecognizable.

I felt for some reason, STRONGLY, the parents were not involved. I was right. So glad for that.
Nevertheless, they lost their little "princess". My heart goes out to them during what must be their darkest days.
So very sorry baby Breeann....your absence will leave an empty space in the hearts of those who loved you dearly.
BreeannRodriguez.jpg

Motherfucking shit.
I just finished celebrating my son's 4th bday this weekend. I had little Breeann back of my thoughts as I was rather sure she would not turn up alive and get to celebrate her fourth, (damn that to hell). She hasn't turned up at all.....loathsome fuck.
he's what?
ok, so, let me at him. When I'm done with this little, disgusting fuck, he will talk---will beat his murdering ass unrecognizable.

I felt for some reason, STRONGLY, the parents were not involved. I was right. So glad for that.
Nevertheless, they lost their little "princess". My heart goes out to them during what must be their darkest days.
So very sorry baby Breeann....your absence will leave an empty space in the hearts of those who loved you dearly.
BreeannRodriguez.jpg

I love your post Silva! I open this thread and I cry like a baby. I never can think of anything more than I am so heartbroken over this. Thank you for always finding some loving words for these lost children!

More details released in missing Senath toddler case

SENATH, MO (KAIT) – A probable cause affidavit released to Region 8 News by the Dunklin County Prosecuting Attorney's Office describes how Shawn Morgan murdered and disposed of the body of missing 3-year-old Breeann Rodriguez.

According to the affidavit, on Saturday August 6, Morgan found Breeann standing on his pool ladder in his backyard. He told police he grabbed her and carried her inside his house and then suffocated her with a trash bag.

Morgan states in the affidavit, he held the trash bag over her face and mouth and said it felt like it took an hour for her to die.

Morgan said he then placed the body in the same trash bag and drover out to the floodway ditches on Missouri Highway 164 and threw her over the railing. Morgan said when he returned home, he dismantled the bicycle Breeann was riding on earlier in the day and disposed of the bike in the same river system as the body.

Parts of the bike were discovered by searched late Tuesday evening and Wednesday. Breeann's father told police the training wheels found belonged to his daughter.

Morgan lived in the same neighborhood as the Rodriguez family.

Prosecutors have charged Morgan with first degree murder, armed criminal action, and tampering with physical evidence. He's set to appear in court Tuesday morning at 9am.

Region 8 News will continue to track this story and bring you any updates as soon as they become available.
http://www.kait8.com/story/15227946/more-details-released-in-missing-senath-toddler-case

Does this piece of shit really think any one buys that he didn't molest her first and just killed her just because she was in his yard on the pool ladder? fuck him

They'll find her, at least that is my desperate hope. They'll prove the sick fuck did far more than just grab her and take her in. Standing on his pool ladder. I doubt that. More like he saw an opportunity and grabbed her with trike and all.
Morgan states in the affidavit, he held the trash bag over her face and mouth and said it felt like it took an hour for her to die.
That just broke my heart. Baby girl suffered, terror beyond anything her little mind could comprehend.
He deserves the same but not an hour, days. Lingering in fear wondering when death will take him. Suffer you sick fuck.

Last edited:
Back