• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Nell

Unending melancholy
Bold Member!
A 27-year-old woman from Shanghai, China, decided to dump her boyfriend after she went to his family home, and discovered that they weren't well-off enough.

The unnamed woman took to her Weibo account to justify why she was leaving her boyfriend of one year. While the good-looking, hard-working guy had been treating her well, she felt he was just too poor for her.

However, the relationship came to an abrupt end when the wealth disparity between the woman and her boyfriend became all too clear during a visit to his hometown for Chinese New Year over the weekend.

She said the dishes they served were "too humble" for her liking and caused her to take the first train out of Jiangxi to return home to Shanghai, reported People's Daily Online.

"When I saw their food, I wanted to throw up. It was 100 times worse than what I had imagined. I can't accept it," the woman wrote.

The woman's lengthy post on the KDS online forum caused quite a stir amongst Chinese netizens. Some said they could relate to her plight, but most were outraged by her audacity and lack of good manners.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/chinese-woman-dumps-boyfriend-turning-103044329.html

A 27-year-old woman from Shanghai, China, decided to dump her boyfriend after she went to his family home, and discovered that they weren't well-off enough.

No, you're poor! So china isn't that different from America then after all.

Damn, he should have brought her to meet his parents sooner, would have saved him some grief!

Of course this girl is too short-sighted to realize that just maybe the reason he's so hard working is because he came from humble beginnings and understands that he has to actually work for what he wants.

Their poor background is probably a big part of what molded him into the man she was attracted to in the first place.

I'm a pretty big fan of "poor" food. I can put a hurtin on some black beans and rice and tostones.

She's just a bitch and he's well shut of her cuntiness.

If two people had very different upbringings and are used to a vastly different type/way of living, it is going to negatively impact their relationship. And whether anyone likes it or not, the fact is growing up/being wealthy is FAR different then growing up/living in a more humble economic condition. That type of thing can impact nearly every aspect of peoples lives, and let's not forget one of, if not the top issue plaguing relationships is finances.

I see nothing wrong with this woman reognizing this and breaking things off. It's perfectly normal and actually a responsible and intelligent move. I don't see how this is news, and i find it a bit sickening that most peoples gut reaction is to cry foul on teh rich broad.

I don't see the value in going online and describing her breakup however, seems pretty class-less to air it all out like that for public consumption.

The unnamed woman took to her Weibo account to justify why she was leaving her boyfriend of one year. . .Her parents had raised concerns initially that her boyfriend was not a good match for her, but she continued to date him. . ."When I saw their food, I wanted to throw up. It was 100 times worse than what I had imagined. I can't accept it," the woman wrote. . .KDS online forum caused quite a stir amongst Chinese netizens. Some said they could relate to her plight, but most were outraged by her audacity and lack of good manners.

So, she dates him for an entire year against her "well off parent's" (so she "claimed") advice, then rags online about wanting to puke when she saw what his family served her when she was invited to dinner. If it's true, I'll bet plenty of the "Chinese netizens" on the forum she showed her superficial personality and genuine character flaws to were (Also? Who knows...) "well off" *and* had enough class/maturity not to show their ass.

I'll own it if I'm wrong, but she sounds like a total poser, IMO. In countries where classism is important/ingrained, dating below your status isn't tolerated in the first place, and secondly, for the wealthy to give the "humble" the time of day would be a rare miracle indeed.

Back