• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
We have a vacation home in Missouri, there are armadillos everywhere.
They carry leprosy. And the only reason I am commenting is because you said they are cute and you tried to catch one.
And I am certain that you don't want leprosy.
while I have heard that the level on contact would be extreme. I heard that when it first came out and really didn't mention it around because there are people around that will kill to kill. I think the cases of it were because there were people trying to eat them like they do pangolins and you are right on the long list of anything I have to deal with I wouldn't want to add being a leper to help rain on my daily trying to survive

Last edited:
Is it too early for a Samuel Jackson joke?

I did just watch the scene again where the mean man throws the dog to the python and ends up as the main course himself.

I know, it's too soon.

Ok, it's not getting answered. Why didn't people go check out the screams?

Someone here suggested the man may have only had a chance to scream a couple times before he was smothered. Maybe the screams were muffled, and nobody paid much attention. Sometimes people just don't give a shit.

They don't strangle or suffocate their victims. They constrict and thus restrict blood blood flow. A person passes out due to a lack of blood flow to the brain before they suffocate. If anyone is familiar with the dumbass "pass out game" nonsense teenagers play where they apply pressure to either side of ones(or their own) neck until they go dim, it's more along those lines.

Also, very likely this is fake. Even a huge snake is incapable of getting their jaws around an average adults shoulders, the build/shape of the human body simply isn't campatable with the way a snakes jaw unhinges and works.

Ok, it's not getting answered. Why didn't people go check out the screams?
there are big bad scary snakes that can grab you and eat you at night, have you heard?

Also, very likely this is fake. Even a huge snake is incapable of getting their jaws around an average adults shoulders, the build/shape of the human body simply isn't campatable with the way a snakes jaw unhinges and works.

Once when I was six years old I saw a magnificent picture in a book, called True Stories from Nature, about the primeval forest. It was a picture of a boa constrictor in the act of swallowing an animal. Here is a copy of the drawing.
prince4.jpg

In the book it said: "Boa constrictors swallow their prey whole, without chewing it. After that they are not able to move, and they sleep through the six months that they need for digestion."

I pondered deeply, then, over the adventures of the jungle. And after some work with a colored pencil I succeeded in making my first drawing. My Drawing Number One. It looked like this:

I showed my masterpiece to the grown-ups, and asked them whether the drawing frightened them.
boa-constrictor-digesting-elephant-drawing-1-from-the-little-prince-1.jpg

... I know what you're going to say Jack...

It's real, according to the National Geographic. Also it was his own fault, because the palm oil harvesters are destroying the habitat of snakes, orangutans and tigers. A snake's gotta eat.

Rahmansyah, a lecturer at Hasanuddin University in Makassar, believes deforestation caused by the palm oil industry may be to blame for this snake's unusual behavior.

“Because the habitat is destroyed, the snake’s natural food sources are also affected. Thus, the snake went out to the palm oil plantation to seek prey,” he told the Jakarta Post.

Palm oil is harvested for its use in many common household items, from soda to soap, and the industry has resulted in loss of habitat for animals such as orangutans and Sumatran tigers.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/03/python-snake-swallows-man-whole-indonesia/

Back