• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2j0egi8.jpg

Alleged murder: Tawnee Baird was stabbed to death by her 22-year-old girlfriend Victoria Mendoza after they got into a 'violent' argument while driving home in Utah​
[...]
21-year-old woman has been stabbed to death by her girlfriend after they got into a 'violent' argument while driving home in Utah
[...]
Tawnee Maria Baird and Victoria Mendoza, 22, who lived together in Holladay, were apparently returning from visiting friends in Ogden in the early hours of the morning when they started fighting.

As the row escalated, Mendoza reportedly pulled into a parking lot, before fatally stabbing her partner of five years. She then called a relative, who rushed to the scene and dialled 911
[...]
Officers arrived at the parking lot at 2484 East Avenue in West Ogden at around 1am, where they found both Mendoza and the victim in the vehicle. Miss Baird was pronounced dead at the scene.

'We were actually responding on a call of a murder or someone wanting to turn themselves in for a murder,' Ogden Police Lieutenant, Tim Scott
[...]
'I can tell you [Miss Baird] was stabbed to death, I can’t give you the number of stab marks or stab wounds, that will be determined by autopsy, which will likely take place tomorrow.'
[...]
he could also not yet say what the fight was about, but that it was a 'violent, tumultuous encounter' that did 'culminate and lead to this incident where Ms Mendoza did stab her partner'.
Following the grim discovery on Saturday,
[..]
arrested Mendoza on suspicion of murder and booked her into Weber County Jail, where she is currently being held without bail.
[....]
Mr Scott said Mendoza has been cooperative during the investigation.

Investigators are now running background checks to see if Mendoza and Miss Baird had any history of domestic violence during the five years they were in a relationship.
[...]
Miss Baird's father, Casey Baird, wrote on Facebook that he was flying back to Salt Lake City from Alabama after hearing that his daughter had been killed by a woman 'all of us tried to help'.
I love my lady bug more than I love myself,' he wrote, referring to Miss Baird - who was a student at Salt Lake Community College - as his 'best friend'.
Speaking directly to Mendoza, he added angrily: 'Don't try insanity plea!!!! In fact I don't even want the death penalty!!!! I want you to sit in a prison cell and have plenty of time to rottttt!"
[...]
will shortly appear in court charged with first-degree felony murder.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ment-driving-home-utah-1am.html#ixzz3Gd78oNcJ
s3eyif.jpg

Tawnee Baird
23tk0m9.jpg
Couple: Mendoza and Miss Baird, who lived together in Holladay, were apparently returning from visiting friends in Ogden in the early hours of the morning when they started fighting. Above, the couple are seen together
Tawnees FB
11tnadh.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thee.tmb?fref=ts

What a tragedy that a weapon was brought into a lovers quarrel. I bet if is wasn't for the knife Miss Baird would have licked her.:hungry:

Last edited:
I wonder if this was premeditated...why did she have a knife in the vehicle?
Yeah two college age women in their own car, where did it come from? My first thought was a pocket knife.

I do have a Swiss army in my car glove box, it comes in handy, thought I use it mainly for scissors or cork screw

I think there was drug use involved. If you look at the Facebook linked you'll see pictures of cute, fresh faced girls to dark-circled eyed young women.

I've seen that look, in myself and in others, it's when drugs start entering and consuming your life. It's not an excuse but maybe it provides some insight into the why. Drugs do a lot, could be all kinds of paranoid and that could explain a knife, etc.

I think there was drug use involved. If you look at the Facebook linked you'll see pictures of cute, fresh faced girls to dark-circled eyed young women.

I've seen that look, in myself and in others, it's when drugs start entering and consuming your life. It's not an excuse but maybe it provides some insight into the why. Drugs do a lot, could be all kinds of paranoid and that could explain a knife, etc.

Could just be makeup vs no makeup. Most women are fucking hideous under all the face paint.

Could just be makeup vs no makeup. Most women are fucking hideous under all the face paint.
The one girl isn't wearing make-up in the pictures where she doesn't look like a drugged-out zombie and she doesn't have those dark circles that come with drug binging. Also her face is much, much thinner now compared to then. Those are both pretty bit signs of drug use and abuse.

Bail temporarily revoked for woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times
[...]
woman accused of stabbing her long-time girlfriend to death after an argument earlier this month will remain jailed without bail for now.
[...]
judge temporarily revoked bail for Victoria Mendoza Thursday; the woman is facing a first-degree murder charge in the death of her girlfriend, 21-year-old Tawnee Baird.

Prosecutors said she committed a gruesome murder, allegedly stabbing Baird 46 times, and as such should not be out of jail.
[...]
The couple lived in Holladay and had traveled to Ogden to meet friends.

A friend of the couple who was in the car with them several hours before the alleged murder spoke to FOX 13 News about the case, as did other friends and family members.
http://fox13now.com/2014/10/30/bail...oman-accused-of-stabbing-girlfriend-46-times/

Family, friends speak after woman stabbed to death in Ogden parking lot
Friends and family of a 21-year-old woman who was allegedly murdered by her domestic partner in an Ogden parking lot spoke Saturday about the young woman they loved.
[...]
A press release stated the two women were domestic partners, and a friend of Baird’s, Lacey Black, tells
[...]
the pair had been together for about five years. The release states the couple lived together in Holladay and had traveled to Ogden to visit friends.
[...]
was during that trip the alleged murder occurred, and Black said she was in the car with the couple several hours before the stabbing.

“Victoria, she was in the back seat, a little bit mad over just, petty stuff, and Tawnee dropped me off at my house,”
[...]
“And her and I have been best friends for 10 years, and she said, ‘I love you,’ and I said, ‘I love you too,’ and you know, ‘bye.'”
[....]
said she was shocked to learn Mendoza had allegedly murdered Baird, and that she called the police when she heard because she couldn’t believe it. Despite that, she said there were indications things were not going well between the couple.
[....]
“Just last week she called me and said, ‘Hey Lacey I need to leave this relationship,’ and I said, ‘I know you do Tawnee, you really do.’”

Aleksei Gunn, Baird’s half-sister, said Baird had recently begun working in a job she enjoyed.

“She just got a job as an accountant not too long ago, and she really liked doing that,”
[....]
Baird’s siblings said she loved animals as well as singing and had a personality that could light up a room.

“I don’t get how somebody could do something like that to someone so kind and loving,” said Keaton Murray, who is Baird’s stepbrother. “…I wish she got to follow her dreams.”
[....]
“I’m really sad that she’s not gonna watch me grow up. I’m gonna miss her a lot.”

Gunn said she could tell Tawnee anything and that the woman was very kind.

“She had a really big heart,”
[....]
“She cared about everyone. She would always help me. She would know when I was sad.”

Police officials said Mendoza has been cooperative in the investigation, and she remains in the Weber County Jail Saturday.

“She’s always been really nice to me, caring,” Gunn said of Mendoza. “I didn’t know she’d ever do that to Tawnee. I know she has a temper, but I didn’t know it could get that bad.”
[...]
http://fox13now.com/2014/10/18/fami...-woman-stabbed-to-death-in-ogden-parking-lot/

From 2015:
Mendoza sentenced to 16 years to life for murder of girlfriend

OGDEN — Victoria Mendoza, charged with the murder of 21-year-old Tawnee Baird, was sentenced to 16 years to life on Tuesday, Oct. 10.

Mendoza, 22, appeared before Judge Joseph Bean and a full courtroom in the 2nd District Court of Ogden with her attorney Michael Studebaker during a 9 a.m. hearing.

Judge Bean told Baird’s family the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole will decide when or if Mendoza gets out and that his hands were tied when it came to sentencing.

“We will be at every parole hearing. We're already writing letters,” said Dana Gunn, Baird’s mother, after the sentencing.
http://www.standard.net/Courts/2015...-to-16-years-to-life-for-murder-of-girlfriend

Well liking chicks is half the battle when it comes to going to prison. I'm sure she'll figure out the rest in time. After all she's got 16+ years to learn.

Latest posts

Back