• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
eh0voh.jpg

316rgag.jpg

Investigators say a 21-month-old boy died of a morphine overdose and had amphetamines, opiates and meth in his urine.

Now, Carson Swyers’ mother is charged with his death.

Lacey Kertz, 26, of House Springs was arrested this morning and is being held without bond on charges of child abuse or neglect resulting in death.

Carson died in October after being found in his mother and father’s mobile home on Brookstone Drive.

Deputies say the home was filled with trash, buckets of urine and feces, rotting food, drugs and drug paraphernalia.
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/05/21/mother-charged-in-morphine-overdose-of-baby/

22 month old Carson Swyers died of a morphine overdose October 28, 2013. Kertz called 911 after she found him unresponsive in their home in the 57-hundred block of Brookstone Drive in House Springs. He was rushed to St. Anthony’s Hospital and pronounced dead.

Last winter the Jefferson County Medical Examiner determined the boy died of morphine intoxication, but there were other drugs in his system as well.

Detectives with the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department determined Kertz had morphine pills in her possession but did not have a prescription for the drug. “How the drugs got in the child is still being determined,” Lt. John Dolan said Wednesday.

Dolan said the Division of Family Services had investigated some child neglect complaints involving Kertz and her son when she lived in St. Francois County. “Those complaints were never substantiated,” Dolan said. The young mother and her son had lived in Jefferson County for about a month before his death.
http://fox2now.com/2014/05/21/jefferson-county-mom-charged-with-neglect-in-sons-death/
This peach of a mom has just been sentenced to 17 years in prison. Can't find a link to it just yet online.

Would a 2 year old really just eat all those drugs? Seems unlikely. Poor kid. Died on my birthday too =0(

316rgag.jpg

Can I see a little one this size finding mommy's stash and cramming handfuls of things in his mouth, finding them bitter or yucky and spitting a lot or most of it out? Yep, if mommy "didn't have the good sense God gave a pissant" and kept her stash accessible. Do I believe with mommy on this lovely buffet of drugs that are almost always lethal (based on the amt. digested) to toddlers she would've left them where he could possible get to them? Yep. So, given this, IMO I believe it could've been an accidental ingestion based on the behavior of irresponsible addicts and users.

That said, also IMO, in my heart of hearts, like so many other people we read about, she had NO right to have this child. None. Zero. I get so tired of reading about shitbag parents who can make and pop out precious child after child only to abuse, misuse and murder them while so many good people live their entire lives then die never getting the one, simple thing they couldn't have to make their lives complete. Biologically, I get it, but that'll never make it effing fair in my mind.

ETA: No tired "life's not fair" baloney, please and thank you. Some of us have been sailing that old ship since the day we were born.

Last edited:
:bored:Who wants to breastfeed a two year old?

Hard to break baby from the breast a lot of times. By 2 it is more of a comfort thing than a food thing. My daughter turned 2 in September and she still feeds a few times a day. Usually when she wakes up and goes to bed. I am also feeding her sister who is nearly 6 weeks

Hard to break baby from the breast a lot of times. By 2 it is more of a comfort thing than a food thing. My daughter turned 2 in September and she still feeds a few times a day. Usually when she wakes up and goes to bed. I am also feeding her sister who is nearly 6 weeks

Don't all those teeth hurt?? Nothing like seeing a walking two year old walk up and lift a shirt for a sip to drink. I've seen it too many times with my sil. Yuck. Reminds me of the movie Grown Ups. Lol

They don't bite you lol if anything a babies grip is more painful. It is like having a paranah on me. And sometimes she grinds her gums back and forth and you get this intense titty twister or sorts lol

It reminds me of when a dog walks in circles a few times and plops down. Like she is tenderizing it to the correct playability lmao

Both mine cut their first teeth at three and three and a half months, respectively, and I am here to tell you yes the little cannibals can and do bite and chew, lol. You just have to keep breaking suction until they figure it out unless you want to have to switch to the bottle from being gnawed black and blue with nips so sore you wish they didn't even exist. And your man (or woman) always loves hearing, "You wanna what? GTF away from those, immediately!" :hilarious:

A nurse friend was breast weaning when her son turned two and he got so upset about it he bit her nipple completely OFF. She had it stitched up at the ER, but she and I still laugh about it. Very few people know when she calls him, "the monster" what she's really talking about. :vamp: :jawdrop: :joyful:

Last edited:
I don't believe that's what happened ... How has this baby survived 2 years worth of breast milk from a active drug addict..nope not buying it !!

I don't believe that's what happened ... How has this baby survived 2 years worth of breast milk from a active drug addict..nope not buying it !!

I'm kinda thinking that, too, b/c those on opiates and amphetamines can breastfeed, but then again, that's for patients who take these drugs in their regularly Rx'd doses. Not all meds transfer into breastmilk.

Morphine is the preferred opiate drug to use for pain control during breastfeeding, but here's some general info on using opiates during lactation, http://www.infantrisk.com/content/safely-managing-pain-during-lactation ;here's the scoop from the NIH on methamphetamine and breast milk (recommendation = withholding breastfeeding X48 after recreational use due to small amt. showing up in urine) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2679109/ ; and this says amphetamines do not adversely affect nursing infants http://www.drugs.com/breastfeeding/amphetamine.html .

They always give me loads of viccodan when I have a baby. I don't take drugs when I feed though. Makes me sad. I love pills lol

Would a 2 year old really just eat all those drugs? Seems unlikely.
Morphine is an opiate, morphine also comes in liquid form which could have been stored in a cup or even a juice bottle by the retarded drug slut who was calling herself a mother, this little guy could have just picked up a cup or bottle for a drink and got morphine instead of his Capri Sun. The meth in his system could have been from the donors smoking it around him.

He may not have put the dope in his mouth the way you are thinking.

Morphine is an opiate, morphine also comes in liquid form which could have been stored in a cup or even a juice bottle

My sister is an 'addict' and mixes her methadone with juice. Thank god that woman doesn't have any kids or this could absolutely happen.

On the other topic, I breastfed my kids until they were 3. The first one weaned at 2.5 years but when the 2nd one came along she wanted her 'neh-nehs' back. Tandem feeding was a little hard but the older one dropped off after a few months. It just seemed wrong to withhold something they obviously needed, but I wasn't doing drugs at the time.

Once again with the refuse, feces and urine! What is it with these people that they leave it around their home, do the y not have toilets or running water? This has to be just laziness, or just being nasty!

My sister is an 'addict' and mixes her methadone with juice. Thank god that woman doesn't have any kids or this could absolutely happen.

On the other topic, I breastfed my kids until they were 3. The first one weaned at 2.5 years but when the 2nd one came along she wanted her 'neh-nehs' back. Tandem feeding was a little hard but the older one dropped off after a few months. It just seemed wrong to withhold something they obviously needed, but I wasn't doing drugs at the time.
* takes note for next reincarnation, lalalandmamma is a good mother to pick *

Thread is necroed tho.

Last edited:
Back