• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
News report with shot of police carrying out a couch on live television, Natalie Bomke Fox 32 Chicago reporting.

Semaj was apparently found stuffed inside the couch, holy fuck. So police did have to get a search warrant before they were allowed to search the inside of the house? They might as well have tattooed "dead baby in house" across their foreheads, dumbasses.

Entire video:

[doublepost=1493335003,1493334125][/doublepost]It sounds like they were all complicit, adults saw her outside playing with the other kids, adults saw her there one minute and boom! Gone the next. Bullshit bullshit bullshit!

Unbelievable! !!!

Bullfuckingshit!!!
Her family reported her missing around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, about three hours after investigators with the state's Department of Children and Family Services saw her safe at home, officials said.
I'm calling bullshit on that.
DCFS left the kids in a house that looked like this? I dont think so....
w9veom.jpg

2pplwtu.jpg

15hiplu.jpg

ETA: link for pics
http://kdvr.com/2017/05/02/photos-show-deplorable-home-where-missing-1-year-old-was-found-dead/

A case worker from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services who visited the home hours before Crosby disappeared found no obvious safety hazards or safety concerns
o_O
[doublepost=1493743778,1493743258][/doublepost]And her mother speaks
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/04/28/semaj-crosby-mother-death-heartbreak/

This is fucking bullshit.

Last edited:
I find it unbelievable that DCF was there 3 hours prior and signed off as "
There were no obvious hazards or safety concerns at that time". There is a picture with a bunch of raid cockroach killer cans sitting on the kitchen counter within easy reach. The mattresses are flipped up and inaccessible. The kids slept on all the junk that's on the floor. There is visible black mold through out the house. No working stove.

More pictures @ link.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4466080/Inside-horror-house-missing-toddler-dead.html

Days after the body of a 1-year-old Joliet Township girl was found under a couch in a house infested with bedbugs and with roaches climbing the walls, a Will County judge demanded to know what child welfare workers had done to help the family.

During a hearing Tuesday to determine where to place the deceased girl's three older brothers, Judge Paula Gomora said that in previous visits to the home caseworkers missed obvious signs of trouble.

"What did they do to help the family and to help these children?" Gomora asked, incredulously. "Quite honestly, from what I saw, I don't know how any caseworker could've walked into that house and let those children stay."

She did not receive any immediate answers.

[..]

A Will County sheriff's spokeswoman last week said DCFS had contact with the family 16 times since last year.

A DCFS spokeswoman said the agency had been in contact with the family since September, including four unfounded investigations for neglect and two pending investigations for neglect that were opened in March. Officials also stated they did not see cause to remove the children when they visited the home last week.

"There were no obvious hazards or safety concerns at the time," the statement issued last week read.

DCFS declined further comment Tuesday.

[..]

Semaj's mother remained quiet and showed no emotion throughout the hearing Tuesday. Authorities told Gomora the DCFS office of the inspector general will investigate the agency's handling of the case to ensure proper procedures were followed.

DCFS had contracted with the private child welfare agency Children's Home + Aid to provide services to the family after the state agency determined in the earlier investigations that protective custody was not necessary. Children's Home + Aid declined to comment, citing the pending investigaton.

"If there were reasonable efforts (by caseworkers), those children would've been removed a long time ago," Gomora said.

She pointed to documents from the county's land use department, noting the house had been deemed uninhabitable because of a broken stove. The inspector's report also included eight other citations for general conditions of the home. Gomora also pointed to other court documents noting there were roaches "crawling up the walls" and bedbugs in the home.

The judge appeared disgusted, and she demanded access to child welfare records to better explain what happened.

"That didn't happen in a couple of days," Gomora said of the squalor. "That was a long-standing problem."

Gomora ultimately placed the oldest of the three children, a 10-year-old boy, with his biological father, who lives in Joliet. She said the mother will be allowed supervised visits at the discretion of DCFS.

The mother's 2-year-old son, whose father lives in Springfield and was not in court Tuesday, was taken into DCFS custody and placed in shelter care. The mother appeared upset and hugged relatives in the hallway outside of the courtroom when the boy was taken away.

A third child, who has the same father as Semaj, remains in the hospital. The 8-year-old boy was hospitalized for unknown reasons prior to his sister's death and also was placed in shelter care. The child's father, James Crosby, was in jail at the time of Semaj's death and was released last week.

[..]

As for what brought them all to court, an attorney read a stipulation that Semaj died of "unexplained causes or circumstances." No one has been charged with any wrongdoing in her death.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ld-protection-hearing-met-20170502-story.html
[doublepost=1493802091,1493801162][/doublepost]I decided to check out grandma's fb. The post from yesterday is particularly good. She's playing bingo and the comments about it are what you figure, then someone throws this tidbit out:

this is the 2nd of your Grandbabys to die in suspicious circumstances. Too heavy handed with the both of them? You just plain nasty, you and your ugly daughter both. Neighbours saw you hitting on baby Samaj , in her head, the day she died. Filthy trash. Playing bingo on FB? Seriously. Sociopath.

Apparently this is the second baby to die suspiciously. Wonder if its the same mom or from a sibling
[doublepost=1493806209][/doublepost]While searching to see if I could find out more about the second baby and the reports of grandma smacking the baby I found this. Seems to be the source for those comments.

The boy that died is from a different woman. From what I gathered, his death was at a different location.

The boy that died is from a different woman. From what I gathered, his death was at a different location.
The clip I linked to talks about it. It's still her grandbaby, but from one of her daughters, not her daughter inlaw.

That could very well be what happened, or something very similar, a kid that age will put anything in their mouths, everything goes into the mouth. And pills do mostly look like candy.

yes everything ... I licked the padded back of one of my moms new chairs, then bit a little hole in it ... the delivery guys that brought the chairs were still in our house. I was three, My poor mother. No one died.
[doublepost=1493819724,1493819319][/doublepost]
DCFS left the kids in a house that looked like this? I dont think so....
Word ... that is nice pile of garbage of that gas stove. Everything is fine ... no fire hazards here.

I licked the padded back of one of my moms new chairs,

I got you beat on that, she laid down and licked the carpeted floor of the elevator. I almost gagged. so yeah I know kids will put most anything in their mouths.

I watched that entire video clip and I'm pretty sure it most likely went down just like she described, they hid the body in the car, first and then took her back into the house to hide temporarily until they could get away to hide her permanently, but the police came back and searched the house again with the dog and found her.

I hate to think that a GRANDMA killed her grandchild. Since I have two grandchildren by proxy, my best friend's grandson and now my son's foster baby, I absolutely cannot imagine hitting a small child hard enough to kill them. I can't even bring myself to talk sharply to her when she doing something she shouldn't be doing, much less hit her hard enough to kill her.

I hate to think that a GRANDMA killed her grandchild.
yeah she did ... or someone she knew did and she is covering for them. Look at her house ...this lady doesn't care about anything. Crack is probably it.

The carpet in an elevator ... Yep ... you win.

Last edited:
Word ... that is nice pile of garbage of that gas stove. Everything is fine ... no fire hazards here.
The stove is a fire hazard without the garbage too!

It's cited as one main reasons why the building was condemned. I assume for them to note it as a reason to condemn and the fact that they pass on violations for it to the actual owner, it was more then just a broken stove and more likely something to do with the gas was faulty.

What I find mind boggling is that multiple people, including police said that house was clean on Easter. Either those people need glasses or a tornado ripped through the local dump before depositing it all in the house. A house doesn't go from clean to that in a few weeks.

I would highly suggest they test that DCS worker. Can almost guarantee that there are drugs involved.

DCS worker shows up, gets offered a nice packet to say "all is good" marks it off as clean and safe. Walks away.

5wknn.jpg

Arson 'most likely' as fire levels home where Semaj found dead

The first reports came about 6 a.m., according to the Will County sheriff’s office. When crews from the East Joliet and New Lenox fire departments arrived at the home, in the 300 block of Louis Road, the blaze already was so strong that East Joliet “advised they would allow the house to burn out while maintaining control,” the sheriff’s office said.

[...]

Authorities are conducting a criminal investigation into the death of the 16-month-old Semaj. The Will County sheriff’s office said it “had released control of the house late last week” but the sheriff’s statement on the fire issued Saturday did not explicitly address how the destruction of the house might affect the ongoing probe.

[...]

East Joliet Fire Chief Robert Scholtes said arson was “most likely” the cause of the fire, and that an arson investigator from the department was on the scene Saturday morning.

[...]

Sheriff’s police requested the Will County Office of Land Use inspect the home a day after Semaj was found dead – and they “red-tagged” the home after finding a non-functioning stove.

“The entire structure appeared unsanitary because of the heavily soiled carpets, walls, garbage and [it] contains a serious degree of filth,” an inspector noted in her report.

The house was condemned as unfit for habitation. A notice of the violations was sent to JJB Rentals.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/joliet-house-where-semaj-crosby-was-found-dead-burns-dow

From Snoods link:
Thursday also had disclosed that its officers visited the house where the toddler was found dead nearly 60 times in a little more than a year’s time, according to records obtained by the Sun-Times. Of those, 40 were probation visits were carried out by the Will County Probation Office, a separate entity. Two others were “welfare checks,” one of them in October 2016 and one on March 4, 2017, records show.

Wonder who the probation visits were for? And what the other 18ish visits entailed..

The house mysteriously burned, and I am sure someone thought it was a surefire way to permanently remove the "squatters".

Last edited:
That's the advice you give to a guilty person.
Not always true. Some people just instinctively don't trust the police.

If the mom was truly slow, maybe she suffocated the baby by accident? Like, in the couch cushions. Maybe the couch was a fold out and she got folded up in it by accident?

I'm not blaming the mom for this one yet. Seems to me if she murdered her baby, she wouldn't call to report her missing. If grandma beat her to death, there would be bruises. If mom knew she was under the couch she would have never agreed to the search.

If the mom was truly slow, maybe she suffocated the baby by accident? Like, in the couch cushions. Maybe the couch was a fold out and she got folded up in it by accident?
From what the reporter in the clip I linked said, she was stuffed into the bottom frame of the couch. Couch was lifted and cut then her stuffed in and set back down. Now that might to might not be true, but she repeats it in such a way that it leads one to believe she has information on that's what happened.

Whew this thread is a wild ride o_O
Somehow I've got a feeling this wasn't the mother but one of these other random people. That place is disgusting enough that she tripped and fell, no one noticed or cared, they didn't want to deal with cops or the mother, hid the body. Mum seems like for the most part she cooperated with the police fine (it was mentioned enough), I don't think it seems unreasonable to pause during interview/questioning to request a lawyer. Lots of people don't realize they need one. She seemed genuine in her confusion as to where her kid was, and distraught. There's nothing that can excuse her keeping her children in a place like that (or the CPS people just totally dropping the ball), unless she's legitimately retarded or something. If she is "slow" enough not to know better than to live in an abando full of garbage, it's even more sick that the CPS didn't offer to help her. Good on that judge for placing her other children somewhere safer (I hope). This whole story is appalling.

Not always true. Some people just instinctively don't trust the police.

And with good reason--- you never know what you're gonna get with an American cop, no matter how polite and respectful you are, whether you are actually committing a crime or not. They have quotas to make, after all.

If mom knew she was under the couch she would have never agreed to the search.
...you can't exactly refuse a search of any kind. If you get pulled over, you can say "no" but they'll just search you with a dog.

I'm in agreement with you though--- if the mother is intellectually disabled in some way, that adds a different slant to this story. Poor Semaj. Rarely do I say a baby is cute (cmon, they usually look like ground beef or chewed gum) but she was adorable. The whole thing is real shady, fucked up and sad...
That house is vile and it's depressing to think of a homeless, retarded woman who loves her babies but is too slow to know how to take care of them or herself. If, in fact, that is what we're looking at here, it is quite possible as a lot of homeless people are mentally ill, "slow" or both. CPS should've immediately been trying to help those kids and their mother from the beginning.

...I'm blown away by how low the standards for CPS are there. Even where I live, kids are required to have an actual bed of some kind. It can be a mattress on the floor but it can't just be a fucking pile of sleeping bags. Flushing the toilet with a bucket? Fucking come on.

Flushing the toilet with a bucket? Fucking come on.

I had to do that for a while when our well collapsed shortly after we bought our house. Was $2k to get a new one dug and we used the bucket method until we got money saved to dig a new one. Granted, I didn't have kids then, but still, shit can happen to good people.

I've been told that the county DFACS that is overseeing my foster granddaughter has a quota to fill for reunification. Doesn't matter that you're sending some children back just to be neglected or killed, gotta get those numbers up!

I had to do that for a while when our well collapsed shortly after we bought our house. Was $2k to get a new one dug and we used the bucket method until we got money saved to dig a new one. Granted, I didn't have kids then, but still, shit can happen to good people.
I'm going through that right now coz I have a well with a busted line, I turn on the water long enough to fill pans buckets and bottles and turn it back off again when I get enough filled including those big plastic storage bins. I shower with heated water from the stove until I can get people over to help me because before I realized what was happening with the well I was paying 250.00 a month electric bills

@juka said

Flushing the toilet with a bucket? Fucking come on.

It happens. Tomorrow will be day #7 without water. Were actively working on the problem.

Its either shit out side or use the toilet and flush with a bucket of water.
My dog 97 pound labradoodle loves to roll in shit. He loves it... its one of his lifes passions.
That being said, i would hate him and myself if he came in covered in my shit. Lil i would have to shoot him because i dont have running water to wash him right now. No way would i put him in my car and tske him to the river or a csr wash.
Using the toilet and flushing with a bucket of water is the sanitary thing to do.

Anybody that has ever lived in an old house with a well has most likely flushed with a bucket of water, been there done that and got that old ratty t-shirt.

It's all in what you want to do to keep your house half way habitable. If you don't give a shit, pun intended, then you don't flush and let it build up until you have a shit pyramid in your bathroom. Normal, caring people don't let that happen, if they can help it. Or they remedy it as quick as they can.

I just have a hard time with there being so many people who don't care about themselves or their kids and allow their children to live in such filth.

I often flush with a bucket when water supplies are grim. Also bathe with a bucket. You can get very clean with two gallons of hot water.
This last winter we could not pump because the creek was flooding so I put buckets wherever water was coming off the roofs. Worked out quite well.

It's pretty rare we flush with a bucket. We have a well.
Last happened during Hurricane Matthew. Bit our excuse there was that we didn't have power.

Eh, there's nothing wrong with flushing the toilet with a bucket of water. The important thing is that you are flushing!

Back