• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Valasca

Death, horror, torture
"
total of 55 dead cats and 111 live cats, many of those in “deplorable condition,” were removed by Columbus Humane from a Gahanna home Wednesday morning.

Gahanna police and Columbus Humane descended on the house in the 3600 block of Olde Ridenour Road around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. The removal was part of an investigation conducted by Columbus Humane, which handles law enforcement complaints involving animal cruelty and neglect.

Workers from Columbus Humane had to wear protective suits and masks while going through the home. Gahanna police were there to assist but they didn’t have any problems with the property owner, said Niel Jurist, Gahanna’s spokeswoman. The home’s owner is Daniel Slyby, 60, according to police and county records.

“The cats were found in deplorable condition,” said Kerry Shaw, a spokeswoman for Columbus Humane. “We are pursuing multiple charges.”

While no charges have been filed against the owner of the cats, a hearing has been set for Dec. 20 in Franklin County Environmental Court to review the situation, Shaw said.

Columbus Humane, which operates a shelter at 3015 Scioto Darby Executive Court on the Far West Side, was so overwhelmed with the cats from Gahanna that they had to shut down operations to the public Wednesday, Shaw said.

Veterinarians were examining the 111 live cats to evaluate their health, gather evidence and determine their future, Shaw said."

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20171213/166-cats-removed-from-gahanna-home-including-55-dead

WARNING: Cat hoarding can lead to liquefied cats in your freezer, according to Hoarders.

I can't even begin to imagine the smell.

This was my favorite episode of Hoarders, EVER! :woot: If you can watch the whole thing, it's totally worth your time.

Thanks, but no, I've watched it.

I'm a relaxed housekeeper, I always watched hoarders to make me feel better about my relaxed housekeeping standards, but when it came to the animals hoarders, well I just want to curb stomp them.

They absolutely cannot see that having so many animals is not good for the animals or the others (if there are others) in the house. They think they should be able to just carry on, dead, sick, malnourished, whatever, it's all about how they feel, not at all about the animals.

Poor kitties.:(

Back