• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/deputies-teen-accused-killing-grandfather-hatchet-41233260

Authorities say a North Carolina teenager is charged with first-degree murder after the boy's grandfather was killed with a hatchet.

Cumberland County sheriff's spokesman Sean Swain said in a release that the slaying happened in a home outside Fayetteville just before midnight on Monday.

Deputies were called to the home and found the body of 63-year-old Joseph Naulty who died after being wounded with a hatchet.

The boy was taken to a juvenile detention center where he awaits a juvenile court hearing on the charge.

Maybe more will be known tomorrow
[doublepost=1470784720,1470784566][/doublepost]http://abc11.com/news/teen-facing-charges-in-grandpas-fatal-hatchet-attack/1462503/

A 15-year-old Cumberland County boy is facing murder charges after authorities said he attacked his grandfather with a hatchet late Monday night.

It happened just before midnight in the 3100 block of Elgin Road in Fayetteville's Grays Creek area.

When deputies arrived at the home, they found 63-year-old Joseph Naulty dead. Authorities said he died after being struck with a hatchet.

Detectives charged Naulty's 15-year-old grandson with first-degree murder on a juvenile petition, due to his age. The teen's name has not been released.

Authorities said it was unclear what lead up to the killing - there is no call history from the house.

According to a neighbor, Naulty was recently retired and the teen lived at the home with his grandfather.

He was described as "very giving, very welcoming" and a "very nice gentleman."

Neighbors are trying to understand what could have lead to the violent crime.

"That's what's so puzzling to me. I hear people getting killed different ways but wow, a hatchet... he really took out some anger," said Dennis Burden, shaking his head.

Meanwhile, the teen has been placed in the juvenile detention center where he will remain until his hearing on Thursday.

I found more already.

Honey child, I don't know and it really seems as if the most horrific things are coming from teenagers, these days.

We need to thin out the herd of teenage underwear smears.
They will bring anarchy.

FAYETTEVILLE, NC – A 15-year-old boy is in jail today, accused of killing his 63-year-old grandfather with a hatchet

Police were called to a home just before midnight Monday where they found Joseph Emmett Naulty dead inside the home.

The victim’s son, Joseph Ezekiel Naulty, told police he was in another room when he heard his father yell. When he ran to the room to investigate, he found his father dead from a hatchet blow.

Police would arrest the victim’s grandson, identified as Raistlin Martin, and charge him with first-degree murder. He is being held in the Cumberland County Regional Juvenile Detention Center. Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West said he will seek to have the teen charged as an adult.

Police have not released any details on a motive, and neighbors didn’t know the family well as the three males just moved into the house two months ago. Before moving into the home, the elder Naulty is from Alabama and moved in with his son and grandson after the death of his wife in February.

Neighbor Anastacia Lottier-Moulana described the teen as a tall, slender boy, didn’t play with other kids in the neighborhood.

What is known is that Martin was home-schooled and did not interact with other kids in the neighborhood. The elder Naulty moved in with his son and grandson after the death of his wife in February.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

I truly fear for our pampered, coddled youth. They have no idea what it means to buck up, suck it up and deal with it until they turn 18. Kids just seem to go right to "What? You're not going to give my way??? You must DIE!" Instead... o_O

I had to rate that "Awesome!" because it really was.

I don't know if a lot of people just don't interact with the 15-23-year-old age bracket (actually, probably should say it starts around age 12) or what, but I see a LOT of teenagers/very young adults, as they're acquaintances of my own kids. And God knows, I'd give my life for any one of mine. But theirs is the laziest, most self-entitled, rudest, and angriest generation I've ever seen or heard of in my life.

A kid that graduated high school last year with my son made the news less than a week ago. I was on Facebook and there was a "Breaking News Flash" thing, said some guy was holed up in a house (nice neighborhood, too) for several hours. SWAT was called in, the news said there was at least one dead inside, so they threw in teargas and got him outside, where he shot at four deputies (the shooting at four officers is alleged, it's according to our local news -- in Chattanooga. I'd think he'd be dead if he'd shot at four cops, so take that as you will...)

Anyway, they put up a picture of this kid (Jovian) and of course I knew him, and I thought, "Wow, they already shot someone in that house, glad he didn't get hurt!" But hell, it was him that did the shooting! And the person he shot? His mother. She was dead well before SWAT ran him out of their house. Kid's the same age as mine (18, almost 19.)

So I go over to my son's Facebook to see what his friends are saying, trying to find out WTF happened, and my god, they're all going,
"$800,000 bond? That's bullshit, man!" (It really is $800,000 -- well deserved, imo.) and
"Jovian isn't capable of this, he's getting railroaded!" And "Why does he have a bond? No telling what she did to make him lose it!"

Honest to god, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Not one word of compassion for his mother (his father had been killed in an accident about -- less than two years ago, I know.) But I can about guarantee she did nothing to "make him" shoot her dead. He did it because she made him angry. And that's just how they roll.

For relationships, it goes: (1) A couple hooks up. (2) Pregnancy ensues. (3) Couple vows to stay together, beat the odds. (4) Things aren't perfect (gasp!) (5) The couple splits up and goes separate ways, each looking for a hookup... (Repeat Step 1 and subsequent steps as necessary.) There's ZERO effort put into it. One Facebook "Like" and it can be all over. Cheating isn't the exception but the rule, and hey, if they don't like being together to raise a baby, they'll just walk away, giving the child to his grandparents or letting him hang with Mom ('til she finds a DOTM.) I've never seen them work on a relationship that has promise ("Why should we? Easier just to find a new one.")

I know some will disagree, but it does seem like the generations following ours seem to have less loyalty, truth, and personal responsibility than the one before. And the one before that one has even less. If we didn't like something/someone at age 15? We dealt. We didn't get an hatchet and hack them up. That seems to be first answer for an angry child/teenager, as if "dealing with it" isn't even an option. Let me guess, it's too hard?

It's all about them; parents don't even try anymore ("Why? Mine didn't!") As a result, we've got generations of people who's true love is in their own mirrors, and who will trade loyalty for personal gain in a heartbeat. Taking someone out is just a thing that needs to be done sometimes. If their actions are any indication (and I think they are) that's exactly how they think.

Their mantra: "If I'm unhappy, I'll cheat, eventually leave." Our grandparents never said that, our parents didn't say that, and most of us didn't say that. But it's popular opinion now, because it supports the "me" people. Same thing with a job, "If I don't like it, I'll quit." And they do. Most of us have a father or grandfather or someone in our lives who worked their asses off and quitting was never an option.
They knew that working hard was what honorable people did (and they were nothing if not honorable.) There were still husband/wife battles, but no one surrendered in them, because they chose, of course, hard work (which marriage absolutely is) over quitting.

And I realize raising babies is sometimes frustrating and a test of patience, but I know they didn't break them like young parents now -- my god it's like every week (or more frequently) there's another one. Even then, they'll all but blame it on the baby! "She just cried so much he couldn't take it..." and "Well, we'd been trying to potty-train him, but he...." Oh stop it. You broke your baby because your feelings were more important than his life -- god it's so obvious.

I think the violence we're seeing, the drastic change in the compassion levels of young people... I think it all has to do with the values of individuals and how they're being passed on (or not passed on, more importantly) to upcoming generations. A lot of kids never knew anyone like those people we saw busting their ass to keep a job, or a marriage going, or to pay a mortgage. They have no examples of what a man should be or what a woman should be -- can't expect anyone to emulate something they've never seen.

I don't know the answers; but somehow I'm certain that this trend of killing, hating, lying, cheating, giving up, doing nothing at all, and underachieving... it's just getting warmed up.

I know at least one single mother who's son should've been out two years ago, but he has no desire to work, lost his license for a year (DUI -- before he's even old enough to drink) and the reason she doesn't just kick him out? "I'm afraid of him" she says. Afraid of the child she took care of for nearly two decades, who she sacrificed for, worried about, prayed for, and kept fed, housed, and happy for 20 years, not just of his life, but of HERS.

She's afraid of him. I haven't seen him in action, but I've heard him over the phone; he intimidates her, manipulates her, and threatens her. There are stains on the walls where he's thrown drinks and god-knows-what, she doesn't breathe well and "doesn't allow smoking" but it's like walking into a cloud, because he can't be bothered to go to the porch to light up. If I got a call that she had passed, I'd know it was him. I've told her that and she agrees, adding, "But at the end of the day, I love him, and I'm happy when he's happy." Gives me this "What're you gonna do?" look, as though there is no solution (I've got one: how about telling him to GTFO?) But of course, that wouldn't please him, he wouldn't "be happy." It's just, it's sad as hell.

Pretty much sums it up for a great many households, I'm afraid.

Apparently the murderous sneauflayke found living with his recently widowed grandfather to be "just kinda inconvenient". :bored:

A North Carolina teenager charged with killing his grandfather with a hatchet discussed the crime in advance with a still-unidentified person on a cellphone messaging app, law enforcement authorities said in an affidavit.

According to a detective's affidavit for a search warrant, the then-15-year-old Raistlin Martin discussed his forming plans before attacking Joseph Emmett Naulty, 63, in August, the Fayetteville Observer reported.

The affidavit said the boy discussed in his cellphone messages that he found the grandfather who recently moved into his home, 'just kinda inconvenient.'

Naulty moved into his son's home after his wife died in Alabama in February, a neighbor told the newspaper.

Investigators are working with the Canada-based company behind the app called Kik to identify the person using the identity Sporkus_the_wise who was messaging with the Cumberland County teen, sheriff's department spokesman Sgt. Sean Swain said.

Kik users have greater anonymity than many popular social media services because they don't need to use their real names or link their account to a phone number.

In the minutes before the killing, the boy known as EtherealSkull on the Kik app sent his correspondent pictures that included a hatchet and a pair of black gloves.

About 20 minutes later, dispatchers received a 911 call about a homicide at the home, according to the affidavit.

Arriving deputies found the teen wearing black gloves and covered in blood, the affidavit said.

Naulty's body was found in his bed with a hatchet on the floor nearby.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pp-share-plan-grandfathers-hatchet-death.html

Hardly anyone seems to teach empathy anymore. I can remember my mom saying "How would you feel if...", teaching me to look from the other side of a situation. Now the parents I know simply gloss things over, or yield in hope of simply being left alone. Kids are left to raise themselves and pursue their own desires.

@McDanel that is very true. I manage a team that deals with members over the phone, and it's astonishing how few of our seasonal temps have even the most basic interpersonal skills. Not only are they not at ALL empathetic (even in extreme scenarios, like when a member calls in crying, asking to remove a dependent from their plan due to death), but they don't have the social skills that I was taught as a very small child- saying please and thank you, respect for another person's time, etc.

Now, part of this ongoing struggle is my company's shitty HR department and hiring standards (or lack thereof)... but it's really shown me that the younger people in the workforce simply weren't shown these things.

@everjaded - I own a business that services for another company. I spend more time undoing what other representatives did or failed to do the first time and 85% is active listening & empathy. It's not black & white - but many are young and well lack a generation with education and values. No offense to ANYONE - I am sick of multiple generation welfare families & babies raising babiess- when will it end- it has to change

Back