• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A 14-year-old girl was stabbed in the back at school on Thursday by a classmate, allegedly after a playground joke went too far.

The girl, who has not been named, was attacked at Aspen Creek K-8 school in Broomfield, Colorado, a suburb of Denver.

Police say that a boy, also 14, knifed his fellow student with what they believe is a serrated kitchen knife towards the end of recess around 11.30am

[...]

A student at the school told the Broomfield News that the girl was stabbed after a joke 'went too far'.

Skyler Coleman said that the victim and two boys were standing together when the attack happened.

[...]

It is not clear how the attacker got the knife onto school premises, though students are routinely searched.

Students texted their panicked parents as the news spread, some of whom came to school to bring them home.

However, for most students lessons continued until the end of the school day.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-kitchen-knife-playground-joke-went-far.html

Last edited:
14 year olds...playground...recess? WTF?

I'm guessing w/K-8 it may be a private school, but when in the hell did 8th graders start getting "recess"? :confused::confused::confused:

14 year olds...playground...recess? WTF?

I'm guessing w/K-8 it may be a private school, but when in the hell did 8th graders start getting "recess"? :confused::confused::confused:

At my son's Middle School (5th Grade - 8th Grade) they have a "recess" after lunch. I think it's because they cannot feed all 4 grades at once. So to keep them all on the same class schedule the one's that eat first get the longest "recess".

At my son's Middle School (5th Grade - 8th Grade)
I forget that most Middle Schools are grades 5 or 6 through 8. We have our 7th and 8th graders in the high school in our district, recess stops after 6th grade around here.

Still waiting to hear what the "joke" was... and if these 14 yr old boys think anything to do with holding a knife to a girl, is "funny" these parents need to get their psychotic asses some help.

His coming prepared with a knife makes me believe there was a good deal of cruelty in her "joke". Not blaming the victim so much as understanding how rotten young teens can be.

At my son's Middle School (5th Grade - 8th Grade) they have a "recess" after lunch. I think it's because they cannot feed all 4 grades at once. So to keep them all on the same class schedule the one's that eat first get the longest "recess".

Good to know. I figured there had to be others somewhere, I'd just never heard of it before. Sixth grade is the cutoff here, too, if the school is K-6. If it's 6-9 like we have in another district, the cutoff is 5th grade.

His coming prepared with a knife makes me believe there was a good deal of cruelty in her "joke". Not blaming the victim so much as understanding how rotten young teens can be.
I had the same thought. My worst time in school was 7-8th grades where I was relentlessly bullied by a pack of feral girls. They decided that another girl and I were lesbian lovers. We barely knew each other, but the girl beasts just wanted an excuse to pick on us.
Ironically, I didn't know what lesbians actually did in bed until these girls suggested all the things we did to each other. Yup, school was hell. This was in the 70's and despite all the politically correct teachings to get along, kids are mean.

wouldnt recess be considered lunch time anyway we always since i can remember had recess after lunch in high school, we would hang outside till lunch time was over, am i right? it said 1130, unless you are refering to whoever wrote the article calling recess lunch time,. I maybe shoulnt of posted this i have a buzz.

My 17 yo son told my daughter you better appreciate this elementary time because good times are almost over for her, like he was speaking from years of experience all because all the good recess daysdaysare over for her. I laughed so hard because I'm telling him the same thing about high school and graduating.

He's been charged with attempted murder.

14-year-old boy has been charged with attempted first-degree murder in the stabbing of a 14-year-old girl at Aspen Creek K-8 School.

The juvenile is also charged with first-degree assault and possession of a weapon on school grounds, according to District Attorney Dave Young. He also is charged with violent juvenile offender for use or threatened use of a deadly weapon and aggravated juvenile offender, both of which are sentencing enhancers.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...rged-in-broomfield-elementary-school-stabbing

From 2015:
‘Absolutely Horrendous’: Judge Sentenced Teen For School Stabbing

BRIGHTON, Colo. (CBS4)– The teenager who pleaded guilty to stabbing his classmate at Aspen Creek K-8 School in Broomfield was sentenced on Wednesday and the judge had some harsh words for the young man.

The 15-year-old boy was sentenced to 50 months in a youth correction facility for stabbing a 14-year-old classmate on April 30. The victim was flown to Children’s Hospital and survived.

The juvenile male pleaded guilty last month to first-degree felony assault causing bodily injury with a deadly weapon on an at-risk victim. The charge was considered at-risk because of the victim’s age.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/09/...ous-judge-sentenced-teen-for-school-stabbing/

I do not want to meet this fresh out of juvie 19 year old unless he gets some serious help.

Back