• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-girl-14-denies-charge-fatal-shooting-father-162020872.html

A 14-year-old Ohio girl fatally shot her father in the head as he slept to stop him from abusing her family, her attorney said Friday.

The girl denied a charge of aggravated murder on Wednesday in Trumbull County Juvenile Court. She has been held in juvenile detention since the early morning shooting on July 28 at her family's home in Warren, about 55 miles southeast of Cleveland.

"This was a classic situation of a battered woman as it relates to mom," said Cleveland attorney Ian Friedman. "The girl and her siblings witnessed this every day. It reached a point where it's self-defense and defense of others."

Prosecutors haven't determined if they will ask a judge to order the teen tried as an adult. Trumbull County Assistant Prosecutor Stanley Elkins said Friday that his office and police continue to investigate.

Asked about the abuse allegations, Elkins said he'd only heard about them from the media.

"I'm not finding any evidence of that," Elkins said.

The girl's 41-year-old mother told WJW-TV in Cleveland on Thursday that she filed for a protective order against her husband five years ago but later dismissed it. The mother called her daughter a hero for her actions.

The girl shot her 41-year-old father once in the head with his .45-caliber handgun as he slept on a living room couch and her mother sleeping on the floor next to her husband, Friedman said. He described the father as controlling and said he required his wife to constantly remain near him.

The shooting was a reaction to abuse that had occurred the previous day and evening, Friedman said. "In her mind, this was the only opportunity she had to defend her family and her mother."

The Associated Press generally does not name juveniles accused of crimes.

Two of the teen's siblings, a 20-year-old brother and a 19-year-old sister, were in the home when the shooting occurred, Friedman said.

A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 30. Friedman said he would be cooperating with prosecutors in their investigation.

She has to be charged unfortunately. Hopefully not as an adult. Let's get her some help cause she probably needs it after killing a man, even an abusive prick and get her back to her mother.

The girl's 41-year-old mother told WJW-TV in Cleveland on Thursday that she filed for a protective order against her husband five years ago but later dismissed it. The mother called her daughter a hero for her actions.

Hey mom, if you find yourself here reading this, you failed at being a mother. When you gave birth, your most important job was to be your children's hero. When you filed the protective order, that was your first step in that hero status.
When you dismissed that order, you failed.

Mumsie blew it so badly her little girl had to step in.
Parental Fail 101

Give the girl a hug and pat her on the back telling her everything is ok now and let her walk.

http://fox8.com/2016/08/05/family-o...are-untrue-this-had-nothing-to-do-with-abuse/

Strong reaction from the family of a man police say was murdered by his 14-year-old daughter.

“This had nothing to do with abuse,” said James Blount, brother of Jonathan Meadows.

Police say 41-year-old Jonathan Meadows was murdered by his 14-year-old daughter Bresha on July 28th inside their Warren home.

On Friday, Meadows brother and sisters, as well as other family members, gathered for his funeral at the St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church in Cleveland.

“He grew up in this church,” said Rev. David Hunter.

His sister, Lena Cooper, told Fox 8, that she believes her brother’s murder was “cold and calculated.”

But Bresha’s attorney, Ian Friedman, says the girl lived a nightmare.

“She witnessed abuse of her mother, over and over and over,” Friedman said. “She wanted to save her mother.”

Brandi Meadows calls Bresha her hero and says her actions saved her family.

“I wasn’t strong enough to leave,” Brandi said.

Brandi filed for a civil protection order against her husband in 2011 saying she feared he would kill her and the children. She later had the protection order dismissed. She said she was scared of him.

Bresha’s aunt, Martina Latessa, says her niece ran away from home in May and came to her house. She said her niece begged for help and they went to police and contacted children services.

“She was very scared of him,” Latessa said. “She was born into a nightmare.”

Bresha remains in custody at the Trumbull County Juvenile Justice Center. She is due back in court at the end of the month.

Of course his family says he loved his family and would never do anything to hurt them, she straight up murdered him for shits and giggles, I guess.

I do believe he was a violent asshole. I guess dad should have kept his gun locked up...you know so his kids couldn't get to it to kill him and all.

I am happy to announce they are releasing her to a program, I didn't feel she should have been charged in the first place and any "family" that defended him showed what pos they were by allowing the abuse this rings of the case of the molested girl whose mommy wanted daddy back out regardless of proof s it would be such a burden to his sons if he were incarcerated. I hope this young lady can her her life, be happy and leave them all behind
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4532090/Girl-15-killed-father-set-free-plea-deal.html
40AE223200000578-0-image-a-5_1495492263082.jpg

Yay!!! I never believed it was "cold and calculating". There was evidence there that dad was abusive. Sad she will have to live with killing her own father for the rest of her life, and hope this program helps her move on and not spiral because of all this trauma.

Obviously this man needed killing and the mother should have done it instead of letting her child take the emotional hit.

Obviously this man needed killing and the mother should have done it instead of letting her child take the emotional hit.
Or better yet, put her children first and get the hell away from him. I know it's scary, but there are resources to help and, for a kid, just about anywhere they aren't being raped and terrorized nightly is a better option.

She needs counseling & a chance to have a good life now. Hope she doesn't suffer any undue trauma for what she had to do.

If only she'd lived in Texas. 'He needed killin' is a valid defense.

I'm happy to hear the positive outcome for this young lady.

Down here in Swamp Country the bastard would be shot and dumped in the Amite River...7-9 foot gators would have a tasty treat and he'd just be another missing person.

Feb 7, 2018

A teen girl who said she fatally shot her father because he was abusive has returned to her northeast Ohio home after serving an eight-month sentence in a juvenile detention center and a mental health facility.

The Vindicator reports the mother of 16-year-old Bresha Meadows emailed the newspaper Wednesday and said her daughter returned home Sunday.

"Our family is whole again. Pray for us,” she reportedly wrote.

Meadows pleaded guilty last May to delinquency by reason of involuntary manslaughter for shooting and killing 41-year-old Jonathan Meadows at their family’s home in Warren in July 2016. She was 14 at the time.

Her attorney said Meadows killed her father because of the “unimaginable nightmare” she “saw and experienced on a daily basis” while living with her father.

"She wanted to protect her mom," attorney Ian Friedman told Fox 8.

Soon after she was arrested, Meadows' mother called her "my hero," saying she rescued the family from a lifetime of abuse.

“She is my hero; I wasn’t strong enough to get out and she helped me,” Brandi Meadows told Fox 8. "She helped all of us so we could have a better life.”

Jonathan Meadows' relatives deny allegations of abuse, telling People he was "not the monster he is being portrayed as."

The teen was sentenced to two months in a juvenile detention center followed by six months at a mental health facility in Cleveland.
http://www.koat.com/article/16-year...abusive-father-released-from-custody/16659487

Finally a happy fucking story! It's sad this little girl had to chunk her complete innocence but with the right support and love? Her and her family will be just fine.....

Fuck this mother right in her stupid face. The whole "she's a hero" bit is making me see red. This child should never have been placed in a position to defend or save her mother, that's ass backwards.

Fuck this mother right in her stupid face. The whole "she's a hero" bit is making me see red. This child should never have been placed in a position to defend or save her mother, that's ass backwards.

Anyone else think it is telling that the other two siblings who were in the house at the time were both adults?

Wonder if mommy dearest nudged the 14-year-old because she likely wouldn't be tried as an adult......

Still, I am glad this young woman is now free. Too bad her mom is still in her life, however.

She was fourteen years old. She should never have been placed in the sort of position where she had to kill her own father in defense of a mother that failed at BEING a mother.

Both sibs were adults, why the hell was it left to the teenager to do that, to take a step that will haunt her for a lifetime?

Or, better yet, why the fuck didn't the mother do something about the abusive asshole herself, instead of leaving it to her. Fourteen. Year. Old. Daughter. to do it for her?

Damn right, the girl's a hero. But she should never have had to be.

Back