• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2r5b72v.jpg

Tamir Rice​
[...]
12-year-old Cleveland boy who allegedly had a replica handgun in his waistband died early Sunday after being shot by a police officer
[...]
An attorney for Tamir Rice said the boy died while being treated at a local hospital.

The child was at the Cudell Recreation Center at 3:30 p.m. Saturday when police responded to a report of the child waving the gun around and scaring people
[....]
He was listed in critical condition and after undergoing surgery Saturday night
[...]
"There's a guy in here with a pistol. It's probably fake, but he's pointing it at everybody," the witness told authorities, according to the 911 call released
[....]
"It's probably fake but, you know what? It's scaring the s--- out of everybody."
[...]
police said they could not take the risk that the gun was not an actual threat.

"We have to assume every gun is real," Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association president Jeff Follmer said,
[...]
"When we don't, that's the day we don't go home."

As two officers approached the child they told him to raise his hands, officials
[...]
But instead the young man reached for the gun in his waistband and one officer fired his weapon two times. The boy was shot in his torso and taken to a hospital.

Police said the boy did not threaten officers or point the gun at them.

[...]
weapon reportedly was an airsoft gun that resembles a semi-automatic handgun.
[....]
angry woman at the scene said the actions of the officer were unnecessary.

"Always kill a black kid right?" she said while still at the scene.
Tamir's mother, Samaria Rice, told
[...]
her son did not have access to the weapon and she does not know how he got it. When the incident occurred she ran to the scene but was unable to see her child before he was transported to the hospital.
[...]
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office is investigating the case and both officers are being placed on paid leave. A spokesman told the Daily News Sunday they are investigating the incident.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...officer-holding-replica-gun-article-1.2020637

not really sure where to put this one
there are a couple diff pages in his name
His fb
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007651576626&fref=ts

Justice for Tamir Rice
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-Tamir-Rice/606792779425962

4qfxwn.jpg

Distraught: One of the boy's relatives is pictured weeping on the ground after hearing of Saturday's shooting
e8vime.jpg
Shooting: Young Tamir died after being shot by a police officer when he allegedly pulled this BB (airsoft) gun (pictured) from his waistband outside a recreation center in Cleveland

Boy, 12, dies after being shot in the stomach by cops for 'waving around' BB gun in play area
  • Tamir E Rice, 12, 'waved around' an airsoft gun at a playground on Saturday
  • Concerned man dialed 911, but told dispatcher it was 'probably fake gun'
  • Police arrived at the scene and asked youngster to put hands up
  • When boy refused and reached for fake pistol, officer fired at him twice
  • Taken to MetroHealth Medical Center, but died after condition deteriorated
  • Officers involved placed on administrative leave; investigation underway
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2846294/Boy-12-dies-shot-stomach-cops-waving-BB-gun-play-area.html#ixzz3Jwqrxo18

He should have put his hands up, really. He was being dumb and it cost him his life. It's sad all around, but had he not been scaring people by pointing the gun at people, the police would not have been called, and had he put his hands up like he was told to, he would not have been shot.

4qfxwn.jpg

Distraught: One of the boy's relatives is pictured weeping on the ground after hearing of Saturday's shooting
e8vime.jpg
Shooting: Young Tamir died after being shot by a police officer when he allegedly pulled this BB (airsoft) gun (pictured) from his waistband outside a recreation center in Cleveland
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2846294/Boy-12-dies-shot-stomach-cops-waving-BB-gun-play-area.html#ixzz3Jwqrxo18
Another idiot who removed the legally-required fluorescent orange tip from his airsoft gun to make it look more realistic. I have no sympathy. This is just like the kid with the "AK-47" airsoft gun who was shot by police- pure stupidity from the kids, not police misconduct.

30mmq00.jpg
Tragic: Tamir Rice (pictured in a Facebook photo), 12, was shot dead by police when he allegedly reached into his waistband and pulled out a BB gun outside a recreation center in Cleveland, Ohio, on Saturday afternoon
The cops know what they're doing, he doesn't': Angry father speaks out after his 12-year-old son was shot dead by cops after he was spotted with BB gun in play park

• Gregory Henderson spoke out hours after his son, Tamir Rice, 12, died
  • Said youngster 'didn't know what he was doing', but police officers did
  • Tamir spotted 'waving around' BB gun in Ohio playground last Saturday
  • Concerned man dialed 911, but told dispatcher it was 'probably fake gun'
  • When Tamir pulled fake pistol from waistband, police fired at him twice
  • Boy was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center, but died Sunday morning
  • Officers involved placed on administrative leave; investigation underway
  • Family attorney, Tim Kucharski, says 'innocent boy was shot and killed'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-waving-BB-gun-playground.html#ixzz3JxNGq1HZ

Did he REALLY refuse to put his hands up, though? Independent witness accounts of this part would be nice.

Or, being a dumb kid, did he go to pull the thing out of his waistband to show them it was fake? Maybe, being a kid and all, he just didn't expect them to shoot him. Given that the caller said the gun was probably fake, and given that this kid looks like a kid, I kinda feel like they shot prematurely.

What a fucking idiot this kid was. A tapir would have handled this situation more intelligently then tamir

tapir.jpg

^^^
Has more sense then dipshit kids in Cleveland.

Did he REALLY refuse to put his hands up, though? Independent witness accounts of this part would be nice.

Or, being a dumb kid, did he go to pull the thing out of his waistband to show them it was fake? Maybe, being a kid and all, he just didn't expect them to shoot him. Given that the caller said the gun was probably fake, and given that this kid looks like a kid, I kinda feel like they shot prematurely.
no he didnt put his hands in the air he reached to take it out of his pants when they told him to stop

Couldn't the cops aim at his hands or feet or somewhere other than his torso? I mean, with him being just a kid, how the f*ck do you aim to kill? Not saying cop meant to kill but he was a kid! Scare the crap out of him, shoot his leg but don't kill him!

Couldn't the cops aim at his hands or feet or somewhere other than his torso? I mean, with him being just a kid, how the f*ck do you aim to kill? Not saying cop meant to kill but he was a kid! Scare the crap out of him, shoot his leg but don't kill him!
Only in the movies. Police are trained to shoot in the chest area to stop the threat. It does not matter what age. The orange tip was removed so the officer could not tell the gun was a toy. And now that officer has to live with the fact he killed a 12 year old. Not his fault at all.

You don't know how many killer kids actually exist, do you? Keep reading the stories on this site, it will enlighten you.

I wish the dialogue between the child and the police could have been recorded and released, he might have mentioned that he was just playing and went to grab the toy to show them and then *BOOM*…..dude. (putting your hands up makes some people feel pretty guilty, and come on who liked feeling guilty of something you didn't do as a child?!) How many of you played with fake guns as kids?! I know my whole block of kids did when I was growing up and some of them looked very real!! Especially BB guns! He could have even taken it from a family member involved in some scandal shit that they have or intended to use it for. I'm not sure, but man. Overall this just sucks ass entirely.

This is a tragic situation for everybody involved including the police officer.He has to live the rest of his life knowing he killed this kid.
My wife works for our local LE (sheriffs dept.). Two days ago they responded to a call, a 7 year old and 9 year old girl were out in the playground of the apartment complex where they live waving a gun around that they found in one of the girls apartment.Thankfully it turned out to be unloaded.

my point is, no matter what they have to assume the gun is real and loaded.Age has nothing to do with it.

Said youngster 'didn't know what he was doing', but police officers did
Then maybe as his fucking parent you should have made sure he didn't have a BB gun with the safety plastic removed. Kids can't walk in a store and buy those, you have to be over 18 and a parent should have some sort of control over a 12 year old. Maybe his parents should have been teaching him to respect authority and to NOT ever wave a fucking gun around, real or fake? He was absolutely being a stupid 12 year old therefore I blame the parents for allowing him to have the altered BB gun and for not teaching how to behave in public and when and if confronted by authority figures.

No, it's easier to not actually parent our children and then blame the world when the worst happens.

There are 12 year old children that have killed in the past and meant to do it. Witnesses claim he was waving it in a threatening manner. Officer's hearing a report of that alone will make anyone seem like a threat, even a 12 year old. Hearing stories like this one I have always wondered did anyone ever talk to these children that they should not EVER mess around and wave anything around that appears to look like a real weapon because it can get them killed. I have personally gone through scenerios like this with my children several times as they were growing up and again at different ages to make sure they understand and didn't forget the first 100 times I told them (because kids do forget and often). In this day and time and technology that we have, I don't understand why manufacturers cannot come up with a way to make the orange colored tips impossible to remove but even with that people have been known to paint them. This is a sad case all the way around no matter what side you looking in on.

Last edited:
There are 12 year old children that have killed in the past and meant to it.
Absolutely, Eric Smith in Savona, NY, the boys that killed Jamie Bulger, the kid in Wayne County, PA right now, Mary Bell. And those are just the ones that I can come up with right now, research would pull up many more.

It is awful that a child is dead, there's no way around that fact. But it's worse that he is dead because his parents failed him horribly, there's no excuse for their ignorance regarding his behavior and their lack of guidance at that young of an age.

But instead the young man reached for the gun in his waistband and one officer fired his weapon two times. The boy was shot in his torso and taken to a hospital.

Well, I think a gunshot to the knee would have been the better choice. Cops just love to kill black folk. Sheesh...........

*I hate to edit this because I know you didn't mean it like that, but per the conveniently accessible rules:

2. There will be no racial comments allowed here. That is a can of worms I am not dealing with and opens us up for more trouble than it is worth to have some ignorant people spill out racial shit on our site. That goes for ALL racial comments...I don't care if you ARE that race. Sorry. But I cannot pick and choose which racial slur is acceptable. Either they all are, or they all are not.

- Athena

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't know how many killer kids actually exist, do you? Keep reading the stories on this site, it will enlighten you.

No, I do- I've been here since the old days, like 10 years now. I used to post articles under my old account but I don't have the time anymore.
I would just expect cops to be extra careful about not killing black kids these days for stupid reasons.

This may be of unpopular opinion, but when are people going to stop blaming the cops, society as a whole, skin color, etc for dumbass decisions? At 12 years old - growing up a block away from the projects, I knew better than to wave, threaten, or fuck around with ANY toy that could be mistaken as the real thing. They can't always be picked out so easily. It's a shame a kid lost his life but he was the one playing Russian roulette. This is more of an idiot thing than racial.

Edited to add....

It speaks volumes that the fb page screaming for justice will only allow posts that agree with their opinion. All posts must be 'approved'. It is that mentality that lets a 12 y/o think it is acceptable to wave a toy gun around letting people think it could be real. Sad.

Last edited:
im sure not many people would agree but maybe they should outlaw toy guns, they arent doing to much about the real ones. just my opinion.
I couldn't disagree more. There is no need to outlaw guns, real or fake. People have to just stop being stupid. Altering a toy or BB gun is shit stupid, bottom line and it will get you shot because those guns look just like real ones.

Besides, all a ban does is stop LEGAL ownership, it does nothing for illegal ownership.

*Hey, I've seen longer, lol. :p

These situations always stink to high heaven and there are no good answers. But, I have to respectfully disagree that all LEO firing protocols are "torso" shots, aka "kill zone/shoot to kill" shots. They're not. And, it's not something that "just happens in the movies." LEO's are not just brainless, automatic killing machines. They are taught to assess each situation individually, and 'use the least amount of force necessary to subdue, stop the threat, or otherwise bring the situation under control'.

Though it varies by jurisdiction, there are provisos/SOPs in place for these situations, and I think that sometimes we either don't know and base our truths on our assumptions, or we forget that "Police Officers" are also "Peace Officers," and they always have been. If all it took to be legally and ethically cleared for firing your duty weapon at someone "monkey see, monkey do," we'd have monkeys doing it.

The "wing 'em" protocol, esp. when it comes to children, is still very much part of the SOP for many PD/SDs around the country, so those who mentioned it/asked about it earlier were not wrong to question it.

That said, as the ex of a lifelong LEO, and someone who worked juvy for years (youngest murderer was 11 during my time), believe me, I get it. I absolutely do. That's exactly why I can't give an opinion on this one.

There are at least a dozen different protocols/interventions officers are trained for before they fire to try and control the situation, in this situation, and I have no idea what, if any, strategies were tried/used. I have no idea what their particular SOP dictates in this situation. And, I have no idea at this point if the officer "jumped the gun" using deadly force if the "wing 'em" protocol (shoulder of the arm holding the weapon) would have sufficed if it was part of their SOP.

What I do know is that the child did not comply, he did reach for his weapon (perception is reality re: firearms), and that whether or not the child actually pointed the gun at the officers, or anyone else we'll never know b/c "eyewitnesses" can and often will lie depending on how they feel about the situation. For example, those sympathetic to the child, for whatever reason, may certainly choose to say the child did not aim the weapon at anyone when truthfully, he did.

My particular point is, "kill zone" shots and/or "shoot to kill" is not an automatic police protocol in every situation. If it were, police officers would be no different than government sanctioned, rampant vigilantes and/or no better than the murderers they deal with. That's one very important reason why "least amount of force necessary" is the Standard Operating Procedure.

Did the officer comply? We don't know yet, though my guess is the investigation will dictate it was a justifiable/legitimate shoot, and I don't know that it wasn't. But, if it truly wasn't (regardless of what the Dept. says), and in retrospect, the officer knows within himself there were other strategies he could've/should've tried first, this one's likely to give him nightmares for a long time to come. :(

Last edited:
Did you mean this as an honest question, or as some sort of rhetorical, sarcastic post? It's kind of hard to tell...
this is an honest question. I find hard to believe that a police officer, someone with training and preparation, couldn't deal with a 12 yo differently. However, if there has been a history of threats by 12 yo I can understand the police response.
I would just expect cops to be extra careful about not killing black kids these days for stupid reasons.
Recently someone posted a video showing the Sao Paulo (Brazil) police dealing with a lunatic holding a knife against a hostage. They taser him and fired gum bullets saving the innocent victim and the criminal with minor injuries... Is killing the suspect the only available solution?

(Yes Pete, I'm dumb. Dumb enough to believe there are always better ways to deal with crime).

this is an honest question. I find hard to believe that a police officer, someone with training and preparation, couldn't deal with a 12 yo differently. However, if there has been a history of threats by 12 yo I can understand the police response.

Recently someone posted a video showing the Sao Paulo (Brazil) police dealing with a lunatic holding a knife against a hostage. They taser him and fired gum bullets saving the innocent victim and the criminal with minor injuries... Is killing the suspect the only available solution?

(Yes Pete, I'm dumb. Dumb enough to believe there are always better ways to deal with crime).
You don't taze someone with a gun; the last thing you want is finger spasms causing a spray of bullets in every conceivable direction and endangering everyone in the area. Also, tazing someone who is holding a knife to another person's throat is a highly questionable course of action. Glad it worked for the São Paulo police recently, but there's a reason it's not international protocol.

There's enough precedent of preteens involved in gun violence to treat every report as a credible threat, and potential shooter protocol doesn't (and shouldn't) change just because the suspect is a youth. First priority is public safety, not that of the gun-wielder. The instant he disobeyed officers and reached for his weapon, his life was forfeit.

Why should the cops have to stop and think "it might be a BB gun" or "that might be a 12 year old" when facing the barrel of a gun? What did they do before they had tasers and subber bullets? They shot someone who pulled a gun on them and the fact is that reaction is what they should have. The cops didn't do anything wrong. Why? Because it's fucking illegal to pull a gun on the cops and it's stupid as Hell.

Seriously, with everything that has happened recently and is happening right now, what kind of window-licking retard thinks it's a good idea to wave a realistic and altered BB gun around anywhere AND at the cops? Did this kid and his family live under a rock to think that any of what he did was reasonable or sensible? Sure, 12 year olds do a lot of stupid things but they are still able to grasp the concept of right and wrong and should know by their pre-teen years that pointing a gun, fake or real, at a cop is not only wrong but lethal.

As usual A total lack of parenting blamed on cops
Parents should be arrested and charged for the child's death

Last edited:
I am almost always on the side of police officers in these situations because I am under the assumption(in some cops the wrong assumption) that they woke up this morning with the noble intention of making this world a better and safer place, which is a whole lot more than any of us can say.

I get really irritated when people make it about race. Call it self-preservation if you want but it's very rarely ever about race. When they woke up to make the world a better place why should they EVER be the ones to not go home? Whether it's mental illness, stupidity or the scum bags of society-I'm okay that they choose to err on the side that keeps them alive. Can't argue with that.

I see a lot of cases end badly when an African-American suspect is involved, where people say "He wouldn't of gotten shot if he was white." Well in most cases the white guy would follow the police officers orders(or wind up dead just the same) where as the African-American that winds up dead is almost always defiant. I don't mean that in a racist way. In my experience, younger African-American males(the population most likely to be shot by police) generally show a lack of compliance and/or respect towards police officers to say the least.

I think it's a culture thing, I mean hood culture though if that makes sense. Even looking at rap(I'm not blaming rap AT ALL) but a lot of legendary rappers in the past have glamorized being defiant towards police officers, but ESPECIALLY glamorizing violence towards police officers. "187 on an undercover cop" is just not something I could see Snoop-Dog now 40- releasing today. He's smarter than that now.

That's just my take on the race war that seems to follow any kind of police officer shooting an African-American. Cops ARE far more likely to shoot a black suspect, I agree. I just don't think it's BECAUSE they are black. You don't see many(if any) African American women getting shot by police officers or even older African American males for that matter. They all seem to be 17-28 years of age and I don't think that is a coincidence.

Now this case in particular is tough. This is one of the few times I don't place blame on the victim for not listening to police orders. He was a kid, he could of been grabbing the gun to show them that it wasn't real without understanding he might not get that chance without putting his hands up first. He might of seen the police and thought "Oh no I better show them it isn't real" as any kids first thought and reaction would probably be.

Sadly because he was a naive child he didn't realize the threat the officers posed to him at that point in time and tragedy followed. I don't place any blame in this case even though the kid was scaring people with a fake gun. I did a lot of stupid shit as a kid because I thought I was a lot smarter than I was. It's tragic for the mother, the police officers and everyone involved.

My sister is a lawyer so we argue about the use of police force all of the time. I've actually had my face bashed off the ground when I was only 130 lbs at 15 years old by a 220+ lb police officer when I was co-operating fully in my arrest. Then he brushed off the dirt on his pants(not on concrete thank goodness) and laughed to his partner about a "bad take down". I'm assuming he tripped over his fat feet which is what led to him driving me into the ground, but wouldn't be surprised if he was a cowboy.

LOL funny part of the story it was just like the show "Cops". Lol I had some dime bags of weed in my socks and he's like "Bingo! I think we got some crack here!" all excitedly. Yeah it's hard to defend cops when I think about the douche bags like him. I always just fall back on my initial thinking, they woke up to try and make this place safer, and they are willing to confront the situations I sit here commentating on from behind the safety of my lap top. Apples and Oranges.

I do believe the kid went to pull the gun out of his waistband to show the cops it was not a real gun...he just didn't expect them to shoot him. I don't feel they shot prematurely. They shot as they were trained to.

Back