• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
That's what I thought but I couldn't imagine how a mostly indoor pet (ferret) would be rabid. Even if you took your ferret outside I would imagine it on a leash or in one of those outdoor pens. Rats would make sense since it seems they were living in squalor. @PsychoKitty
It's so sad to think of everything that baby went through, and will have to continue to deal with bc of her injuries :( Now she has to go through rabies treatment (which I hear is very painful?). Hopefully these kids are put into a home where they will get the attention and love they deserve.
co
I was bit by a ferret when I was about four, but I did corner it. F

They will destroy the remaining animals. The only way to get a positive rabies result is to remove the animals head, ship it off to a lab, and the brain has to be studied. The only way around that is if all the animals were up to date on their rabies vax, which I highly doubt :(
county health the shots aren't as bad as before only 2/3 I think they'll probably give that to all kids and monitor her closely it will be hard to tell if she is showing symptoms or not, if they think she is only known treatment at that point in time is to induce coma, very ugly because of a couple morons that shouldn't have had kids as they aren't responsible enough to even take care of their animals.

I had one latch on to my face in a pet store once. It refused to release my lip. I had to pry it off. That cemented me never getting a fucking weasel.

I was curious about the rabies part too. Glad you brought it up @Angiebla I was positive it was brain matter they had to test after the animals were destroyed.

“It’s not our fault. We didn’t do it, the animals did it,” Fraim told the station. “This little mistake happened. I wish it never did happen, but it happened.”
Yeah, jackass, it is YOUR fault. You owned the animals that were roaming the house and ate your baby's face off. It wasn't a roving pack of wild ferrets that broke in and had baby face for lunch, it was their Goddamn pets, that were rabid none the less.

Oh and when a baby loses part of it's face it no longer is a "little mistake", that one runs face first into incredibly stupid negligence.

I had one latch on to my face in a pet store once. It refused to release my lip. I had to pry it off. That cemented me never getting a fucking weasel.

I was curious about the rabies part too. Glad you brought it up @Angiebla I was positive it was brain matter they had to test after the animals were destroyed.
Yeah, jackass, it is YOUR fault. You owned the animals that were roaming the house and ate your baby's face off. It wasn't a roving pack of wild ferrets that broke in and had baby face for lunch, it was their Goddamn pets, that were rabid none the less.

Oh and when a baby loses part of it's face it no longer is a "little mistake", that one runs face first into incredibly stupid negligence.
that remark had me spinning the rabies part put me through the fkn roof. It was hard posting this twitching and mumbling curses with a few Torrens type outbursts

42 yr old Bernie Fraim and 24 yr old Jessica Bernales were in court today charged with child endangerment. Their one month old who was attacked by their rabid ferret is still in the hospital and their four other children are in foster care.

Their hearing is continued until next month and both Fraim and Bernales were ordered to under go a psychiatric evaluation.

From their lawyer "There's always two sides to every story. And essentially, these parents are very concerned and responsible parents, and they make do with what they have. And I even spoke to the pediatrician who spoke glowingly of how they tried to take care of these children."

Link : http://6abc.com/news/delco-parents-in-court-after-baby-ferret-attack/504560/

ETA: link and finish story since I'm a little slow with the pasting shit :)

From their lawyer "There's always two sides to every story. And essentially, these parents are very concerned and responsible parents
o_O I think their lawyer needs a Goddamn psych eval himself. If that's how he thinks concerned and responsible parents act then he's as fucking stupid as they are.

Latest posts

Back