• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

damnit_imonfire

WHITTIER (CBSLA.com) — Authorities said a gunman went on a shooting spree in and around Whittier, Pico Rivera and neighboring La Mirada Saturday afternoon.

Officials confirmed to CBS 2/KCAL 9 that there are at least possibly five victims.

The incident reportedly started around 2 p.m. with a carjacking in Pico Rivera. It ended with a shooting in La Mirada at Santa Gertrudes and Alicante Roads.

Authorities have now confirmed one of the shooting victims has died. The victim has been described as an adult male.

The condition of the other four victims was unclear. But officials said all four were taken to area hospitals.

KCAL 9’s Cristy Fajardo reported the suspect’s green SUV was discovered several hours later in Mayberry Park in Sante Fe Springs.

The gunman and a female companion remained at large.

It was unclear if the attack was gang-related but Saturday evening the shootings and victims appeared to be random.

In La Mirada, Fajardo spoke to a witness who said she saw cars with windows shot out and paramedics giving a man CPR in the middle ot the street.

The witness said his family looked on helplessly while crying. Another witness told her they heard at least seven gunshots.

In the hours following the carjacking, officials believe the suspect and his female companion.

They are accused of firing a gun in two locations in Whittier and three different locations in Norwalk, La Mirada and the Santa Fe Sprins area.

Unconfirmed reports said the couple shot another person trying to carjack another vehicle near Sante Fe Springs but police haven’t confirmed a link to the earlier shootings.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017...round-pico-rivera-whittier-area-firing-shots/

I live in Whittier, only about 5 minutes from each of the these crime scenes. The suspects are still at large as of this posting.

This morning they identified the man that was killed:

Jose Sahagun, 44, of Norwalk, was in a car Saturday afternoon in the area of Santa Gertrudes Avenue and Alicante Road in La Mirada when he was fatally shot, Los Angeles County coroner's officials announced in a news release.

http://ktla.com/2017/04/30/victim-k...pree-identified-as-44-year-old-man-officials/

Unfortunately, they aren't really saying much about the suspects. They haven't even released a description.
Last night on a "Crime in Whittier" Facebook page they posted info about another shooting in an adjacent city they believe may be connected but local news hasn't verified anything:
Shooting Spree Update - Carmenita Rd & I-5 Freeway
8:15 PM

WPD is on scene of a double shooting that occurred at the Budget Inn near the freeway overpass. A Male and female drove to the top of the bridge before seeking help from a bystander. The victims, who were driving another stolen car, both match the description of the suspects of today's shooting spree, and this may appear to be a case of fellow gang or vigilante justice. They were transported to the hospital and are in police custody at the hospital. The suspects who shot the possible spree suspects fled the scene. Carmenita Rd over the 5 remains closed until further notice.

used t have to go up there in that area to clean houses for an insurance company. Pico is the absolute pits. When I got a flat tire the cops came by and picked me up because it was such a crappy area and after dark and took me to the station to wait for someone to come pick me up, I'd tried going up to a house but they wouldn't open the door first, it was weird

Back